Do you think sellers are immune to their own protection Spells?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

So for instance say you paid for a protection spell done by so-and-so. Then later you somehow make so-and-so angry and they decide they want to curse or hex you. Does that protection spell you got from them suddenly not work if they're the ones attacking you...? Are their "warranties" on protection Spells that no matter who casts it it works against whatever sort of attacks it was made to defend against no matter the source? What are the morals and ethics behind these specifically?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

A professional practitioner should not be turning around and cursing you in the first place. If they would do that, however, and if the spells are legit in that case it would at least come from a ruthless place of defense so could work alarmingly well even against them ultimately. Lol.

It really depends on the type of protection spell, because all of them function differently and are contingent upon different factors.

If I am casting a protective spell for someone --first off it's conducted from an objective place unless a particular focus is cited by the individual, this means I cannot interrupt it's force anymore than anybody else can. Second of all, the nature of the spell dictates which forces are actually protecting you and that may have limitations in particular scenarios irrelevant to those forces.

The best way to go when it comes to this is a.) go to practitioners you trust who are level-headed with you but serious about defense and justice, b.) make sure you have a variety of protections to cover all of your bases and possibly from more than one practitioner, including casting and setting some wards into motion yourself.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote:A professional practitioner should not be turning around and cursing you in the first place. If they would do that, however, and if the spells are legit in that case it would at least come from a ruthless place of defense so could work alarmingly well even against them ultimately. Lol.

It really depends on the type of protection spell, because all of them function differently and are contingent upon different factors.

If I am casting a protective spell for someone --first off it's conducted from an objective place unless a particular focus is cited by the individual, this means I cannot interrupt it's force anymore than anybody else can. Second of all, the nature of the spell dictates which forces are actually protecting you and that may have limitations in particular scenarios irrelevant to those forces.

The best way to go when it comes to this is a.) go to practitioners you trust who are level-headed with you but serious about defense and justice, b.) make sure you have a variety of protections to cover all of your bases and possibly from more than one practitioner, including casting and setting some wards into motion yourself.
Thank you for the detailed response!
I was honestly just curious as it just came to mind one day, and as I haven't cast many spells myself yet, I wondered how that sort of thing worked from a professional point of view and what steps would be taken to prevent such things on the off chance that sort of thing was a common occurrence.

foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm
Noctua wrote:A professional practitioner should not be turning around and cursing you in the first place. If they would do that, however, and if the spells are legit in that case it would at least come from a ruthless place of defense so could work alarmingly well even against them ultimately. Lol.

Thank you for the detailed response!
I was honestly just curious as it just came to mind one day, and as I haven't cast many spells myself yet, I wondered how that sort of thing worked from a professional point of view and what steps would be taken to prevent such things on the off chance that sort of thing was a common occurrence.
i would assume spellcasting is a bit like coding? wouldn't it be possible for "savvy" (for the lack of a better word) insert some wordings there to somehow give themselves a backdoor entry for emergency purposes or something? not saying all spellcasters are this way but technically it could be possible, yes?

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I imagine in most cases they would still be able to hex someone that they used a protection spell on. For one thing, some spells work only for a certain amount of time/wear off eventually. For another thing most sellers require customers to give their full name and birthdays, which makes it easier for the seller to cast for the customer, but it would make it easier for the seller to hex that customer also.
Intent would play a huge role in this scenario as well. When the seller performed the protection spell, they likely did so as a payed service and nothing more, but the hex would be fueled by their personal feelings of anger towards the customer and their desire to do harm, most likely making the hex more potent by default.

Return to “Magickals/Enchanted”