Member Communications and it's Importance

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote: If you think I am being mean to you, you should consider who was fond enough of you to show this with the gesture of that secret santa gift :P
points --> it was me

Well, ya see what had happened waaaaaaaz...ahem.

-jots down your name for repayment plans later with a big ol grin-

Noctua wrote: You're behaving rather defensively, there's really no need for it. Yes I am forward about the subject, and I know of some terrible things that have happened around here and why there is a need for rules. My commentary on this is objective. I'm not wavering from my stance, have been here for a long time and I know what I am talking about.
If you'd like insight to further details that would be inappropriate for me to disclose, you can attempt to ask CH directly about it, which they will if they see fit to.

If I come across as defensive I apologize. It's more a mixture of astonishment, passion, confusion, annnnnnd...frustration? But not at anyone particularly (not even CH as a whole). I suppose I feel a bit angry at myself because I feel like I could be explaining this better, but I'm unsure how to, and so I get excitable in the sense that I'm not aiming to prove anyone wrong per se, but nothing is necessarily being explained in a way that could be taken as, "ohhhhhh THATS why....okay cool no questions here!"

So I constantly have more questions and more statements to back up my stance hoping to get deeper and deeper into the root of a subject it seems I'm not allowed to pick at, which is saddening to me, because I want to understand it better.
Noctua wrote: The private messaging system is available to you once you are tenured.
This is a forum and posting for a while, until we really know you and you gain tenureship, isn't that big of a deal. It will fly by before you know it.

Noted. As you suggested above I'll email the help desk with further questions. My business or not, it's worth a shot right? Better than being in the dark about things without making any attempts at all.
Noctua wrote: Your response to me was unnecessarily snarky and disrespectful. I was giving you helpful suggestions and advice, and you came back at me rudely. Chill out.
It really wasn't malicious. Most of what I said were questions and statements to counter your own, and I don't feel as if I approached you specifically any differently than I would have Darkwing or whoever else responded. If anything I approached you a lot more bluntly but that's only because you gave me the same courtesy. I catch onto things so I tried to mimick the feel. Perhaps I was wrong in my assessment of your response and thus responded innaprppriately and if that's the case....

I genuinely am sorry.
You didn't deserve that.

uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

This whole argument is going to go nowhere, nobody will change, and they'll keep doing what they please.

It's not worth trying to change it, and its definitely not worth caring about. You'll just get shutdown everytime, at least you still have people you know around. So there's that.

In my opinion, regardless of rules and what not, this community or whatever, was always this way. Just how it is, you either like it or you move on was the general vibe here, and it still is.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Unclesid wrote:This whole argument is going to go nowhere, nobody will change, and they'll keep doing what they please.

It's not worth trying to change it, and its definitely not worth caring about. You'll just get shutdown everytime, at least you still have people you know around. So there's that.

In my opinion, regardless of rules and what not, this community or whatever, was always this way. Just how it is, you either like it or you move on was the general vibe here, and it still is.
Alrighty then...
Back to coffee and dnd I go!

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
Aurum wrote: My point was that when people are open to be found they are easy to find, many people here are friends with Magnolia and Ash on facebook. I have never had any issues finding those people I had wanted to interact with.
People are open to be found, but they cannot share a single thing to help others find them...unless they become friends with Ash and/or Magnolia on FB...?

This isn't a small tight knit community, this is a forum with over a hundred members all of varying experiences and personalities. I doubt the majority of them became friends with Ash and Magnolia (no offense to them). I can only assume that they don't accept every random friend request and I can only assume as all people they have preferences when it comes to who they communicate with on a personal basis (ie. Outside of their work).

So in short saying that people are easy to find because they're most likely friends with the owners feels a little dry at best, and illogical at worst...but let's say your right and they're friends with 90% of their members of which are over a hundred. On the off chance the person your looking for isn't in that long list that took you twenty minutes to an hour to scroll through depending on how much time you have, or that you can't recognize them based on their name (and that's assuming their friends are public and not private, if they are private you ALSO have to wait for one of the two owners to accept you, assuming they accept everyone...)

You see the issue here right?
I can't help but feel it's obvious.
Well perhaps they are not open to be found then, also it seems every other member is a seller now so contacting them is quite easy. I believe 90% of my friends on facebook are friends with Mags, Ash or various other practitioners. Many of the members here are also customers of CH so an observant person might find out many things by reading reviews of various listings that might help if they really wanted to find someone.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote: Well perhaps they are not open to be found then, also it seems every other member is a seller now so contacting them is quite easy. I believe 90% of my friends on facebook are friends with Mags, Ash or various other practitioners. Many of the members here are also customers of CH so an observant person might find out many things by reading reviews of various listings that might help if they really wanted to find someone.
Having to actually stalk someone in order to have a conversation outside of a specific thread topic seems a bit extreme don't you think...? x3

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Unclesid your statement was a bit dramatic. Let's all lighten up a bit and consider this wisely.
The community, I can assure you, has gone through many stages of transformation .. is definitely not the same as it once was. And since we are sharing here, I'd prefer it more if we dialed this back about 9 years. However, then you guys wouldn't be here.
Some members here were only like 8 years old back then. With time things change because the people coming around change and the trends change in tow with the crazy amount of people drawn to this site.

Ishvala, As stated elsewhere, we can sweep this under the proverbial rug since it seems like it was a misunderstanding based on the passion involved on your end, and my penchant for being a bit blunt in how I communicate things.
As far as what you are saying -- I think you need some training on being blunt yourself though if you want it to be conducive, snark is not the same thing. However, I will welcome you to practice on me in the future, today I'm just pretty unforgiving :P

But no need to repay me, I only wanted to emphasize hey-woah-there, I wasn't trying to be cruel.

I acknowledge your opinion about why this is important, and if circumstances were different I may agree with it and support the change you want, but I've come to realize it's not that big of a deal after being here a while and seeing what happens without the current structure to things. A few people can and do ruin things for the rest of us, and maybe with time there will be solutions to balance that better to safeguard this site while allowing more freedoms.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
Aurum wrote: Well perhaps they are not open to be found then, also it seems every other member is a seller now so contacting them is quite easy. I believe 90% of my friends on facebook are friends with Mags, Ash or various other practitioners. Many of the members here are also customers of CH so an observant person might find out many things by reading reviews of various listings that might help if they really wanted to find someone.
Having to actually stalk someone in order to have a conversation outside of a specific thread topic seems a bit extreme don't you think...? x3
Well you seem to be very interested in finding someone, and I'm just offering a potential solution. Personally I would not bother but then again I'm not invested in this matter at all.

But I'll say it again, if a person is proving to be very difficult to find, perhaps they are not interested in being contacted by other people.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote:The private messaging system is available to you once you are tenured.
This is a forum and posting for a while, until we really know you and you gain tenureship, isn't that big of a deal. It will fly by before you know it.
I was wondering if applications for tenure are still being processed, as I've had mine in for a while since reaching the time limit. I've not had any replies to messages I've sent via the contact us button. So if the Tenured section of the forum remains active - which this thread suggests it is - perhaps I should contact CH support about it?

By the way Ishvala the time did seem to fly by, as Noctua says. I just haven't been very proactive in chasing up my tenure application.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

You probably need to send a ticket.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
I was wondering if applications for tenure are still being processed, as I've had mine in for a while since reaching the time limit. I've not had any replies to messages I've sent via the contact us button. So if the Tenured section of the forum remains active - which this thread suggests it is - perhaps I should contact CH support about it?

By the way Ishvala the time did seem to fly by, as Noctua says. I just haven't been very proactive in chasing up my tenure application.
I would hope so. I also contacted support for info about being Tenured and whether or not i was applicable for it. Even if I'm not right now, I'll have a better idea of where I am as far as how long I have to wait.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”