Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote: Lol!!!! It’s not as egregious as it looks! I left out that my final destination was in Florida! I wasn’t trying to just fly from one place to another place <4 hrs away! XD it would have been probably a nine hour drive on two tires I can’t afford to replace. And the round-trip tickets cost less than last time I bought two tires. I promise the math checks out!
Ohhhhhh yeah that makes much more sense. Hope you have fun in my home state, enjoy the humidity. ;)

-has driven ten hours to move to NC, knows the pain-

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
Ohhhhhh yeah that makes much more sense. Hope you have fun in my home state, enjoy the humidity. ;)

-has driven ten hours to move to NC, knows the pain-
Thanks! It’s my home state too!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:How do you know that you are a metaphysical / paranormal empath versus just being emotional or receiving impressions from spirits? What does the difference feel like? I would like an example, or several, so that I can see something of clarification on this.
There was a really good how to thread here on dealing with empathic overload that I didn't bookmark.

The best tip I took away from that is that as a ('paranormal') empath I/we can be in a state where our feelings are stretched out widely into our surroundings. And so will our auras be too, so one of the best things this kind of empath can do is pull their aura back in. So maybe try shrinking it to 3' or 2'. This is something I hadn't linked to empathy and seems to help.

I think the same author said men seem to be more comfortable with an aura pulled in to 3' or 2' but women seem to more naturally operate with a wider aura, may be 4-5'. (As an aside we probably don't all work with the same version of the aura. This is assuming a fully spread normal aura of 6'. Other energy work can produce effulgences of yards or miles or at cosmic distances, or work with more subtle types of our energy bodies but I think many people may work with the 6' max. aura, if that makes sense.) But with an uncontrolled empathic ability our normally 6' aura may be stretched out unbelievably far.

This was an eye opener for me. I realised my aura was doing this.

Metaphysical empathy falls into 2 modes. Sensing outwards empathically and sensing empathic input. I have both a charmed object and a sentient guardian servitor from Eclipse Metaphysical that can block either. And before Xmas I got a sophisticated tuner from CH that blocks paranormal input including empathy at whatever level you need. It has a parallel tuner that can also filter out dark arts input. The levels of filtering can be fine tuned to suit the occasion. I am finding it very helpful.

Psychological empaths can find their emotions overwhelmed by other people's experiences. I think an empath who is paranormally sensitive gets that squared. I used to be quite sensitive to people's feelings and negative energies and would get overwhelmed emotionally by setbacks in life. This started to be more manageable the more I built up my levels and types of protection, so that does help.

Last year when I was chatting to a taoist expert about meditation, telling them a bit about myself, they suddenly had a lightulb moment and exclaimed "you're an empath!". Accepting this label has helped me own the fact. We then did a really good cleansing meditation that, thinking about it now, made me feel clean at that super wide aura distance and cleansed the sphere around me (my link with the whole universe)...so I think cleansing stuff does help.

On the positive side, being an empath is seen as an asset in communicating with spirits; a key ability in a medium.

So what I seem to be saying is:
- being an empath psychologically can be going on at the same time as getting paranormal input or sensing outwards empathically;
- you can get tools to block or filter empathic input to a managable level;
- you can try to pull in your sensing ability, as well as do shielding and cleansing;
- controlled empathy has its positive side and can help us sound out people as well as commune with our spirits.

In terms of the frustration and anger, which for me can easily turn to depression if my goals are blocked, I find the more my spirits help me to be successful in life, the less that emotion sticks.

Worth checking out: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/tuner-sp ... mpath.html

and maybe https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spell-fo ... ience.html

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

That’s interesting. I never though about using magIck to solve the problem. I just deal with it. I use it as a tool to determine the intensity of a person. It helps me stay out of bad situations

memento mori
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

@Lewk - I have very little knowledge about auras so your post was very interesting on a lot of levels. It seems there's quite a bit I still don't understand about our energy body/bodies.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

thats neat.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I received a very interesting comment from my succubus spirit on the drive to work this morning. I had been talking to my spirits about the emotion issues. In fact, last night was extremely emotional, as I attempted to contact my grandmother and give her a message. (Not sure about the results, and that would be a derail, so won't go into details here.)

I think I have very strong emotions when it comes to the treatment of people / beings after they pass - in other words very strong emotions toward respect of spirits, remembering them, honoring them, etc. I also don't think I've dealt with past experiences with death very well from an emotional perspective. Last night's attempt to communicate with my grandmother was very emotional, and the emotions probably interfered.

My feelings toward spirits and death, with the memory of my grandmother at the surface, has me feeling really emotionally unstable today. Almost like I'm grieving. I feel an energetic tightness in my chest that I can only describe as heartache / broken heart.

Anyways, this morning my succubus companion told me my heart chakra was overactive, which is really interesting because I do not focus on my heart chakra at all during most of my meditations so I'm not sure why this has become imbalanced. Well, anyways, it's something to work with.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

That's really interesting. I sometimes wake up from a dream about someone I miss who has moved on and find myself crying in my sleep. I don't expect it to ever really go away. I don't think it ever really goes away, we just adapt to it with varying levels of healthiness or effectiveness. My favorite grief book describes it as a spiral staircase, and you're not always just going in one direction on it.

It really makes sense that you would have a special sense of emotions about people who have died.

In modern America, at least, there's a lot of pressure to try to avoid looking death in the eye. On top of a natural fear of the unknown and the fear caused by our instinct/drive to survive, many protestant Christian communities in particular (I can't speak to how this is handled in Catholic communities) can really put a lot of pressure on people not to view death as anything but a clear and unquestioned gain for the right people. So either we should be celebrating over a death or kind of writing it off. No one words it that way, but that's where the approach's logical conclusion is, particularly when the whole thing goes unexamined.

But if you treat it like a natural and inevitable transition of life, you have to have some empathy for that. Just as we were all babies, some day we will all die, and at a fundamental level we need to really think about that for those spirits.

So I really like that you're having this great respect and sensitivity for them. I feel like we could all learn from and try to develop that. <3

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I think part of that feeling also stems from how I've seen my own family members behave after a loved one passes. I realize some of us need a tangible link to those who've passed away, so I can understand wanting a particular item for sentimental reasons.

What I witnessed was way beyond that. I remember my aunts and even my own mother swooping down on the estate and just snapping up everything they could. Everything from jewelry to artwork to cookbooks to movies, music and electronics. They would say things like "I was promised this..." and "They wanted me to have that..." or "They would want me to have this...".

It was like watching vultures on a carcass. It was all so rushed. Hurry up and clean thing things out. Gobble up everything the deceased enjoyed, all the things that represented their life, and reclaim it. I remember being sickened by it. Maybe they were all coping, I guess. My mom is still discovering how much of my grandmother's jewelry ended up with one of my aunts, and all I can think when it comes up is "Let it go". Seriously, if I had my way we would bury everything someone owned with them (providing they are buried at all).

Anyways... Witnessing that stuff really had an impact on me, and I think my current level of respect and sensitivity to the dead stems, at least partly, from that.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Not to mention they always went the cheapest most inexpensive route possible with the remains. I get it, especially when finances are tight and there's not much left behind by the deceased. But in one case, just scattering ashes on top of a grave by their marker because they didn't want to pay to have the grave opened to bury an urn? Because they wanted as much money left by the deceased to go to the family as possible? There's being frugal and then being disrespectful. But I digress, completely. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”