venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Ishvala wrote:
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:Yep. And I know some people play video games with their spirits. For a while I tried out having a different WoW character for playing with different spirits. That never really clicked for me/us, but it certainly would for some.
I'm very interested in the video game aspect. How does one play games with a Spirit?
I did this a few weeks ago, creating a couple characters on an old game for spending time with a couple of my spirits. When I played on the one representing my Manananggal, I felt very hurried as if she just wanted to see the character bash stuff. LOL The one representing my Succubus was a bit calmer and a feeling of tactics. Haven't done it since, but it seemed to have a fascination with them.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

S-I-Lover wrote:yes that all sounds like good ideas ... I started "collecting" some stuff on my PC to re-use them .... but somehow I never really followed up this project ...
I feel the digital thing would be best implemented with a Duel monitor system or a pc you don't often use. That way the files and digital offerings can be available almost all the time for them and it'd just be a nice thing for them to look at and have a place near you and your life (online, in the room, etc).

I dunno does that sound weird?

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I’ve used something lack a tackle box before. It has cubbies and can close up and be put away. Craft stores have smaller, flatter versions in the scrapbooking supplies that can fit under a bed, etc.
This is a brilliant idea! 1h

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Ishvala wrote:
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:Yep. And I know some people play video games with their spirits. For a while I tried out having a different WoW character for playing with different spirits. That never really clicked for me/us, but it certainly would for some.
I'm very interested in the video game aspect. How does one play games with a Spirit?
I did this a few weeks ago, creating a couple characters on an old game for spending time with a couple of my spirits. When I played on the one representing my Manananggal, I felt very hurried as if she just wanted to see the character bash stuff. LOL The one representing my Succubus was a bit calmer and a feeling of tactics. Haven't done it since, but it seemed to have a fascination with them.
Okay so this sounds like a fun way to bond with the spirits. I have a WoW account that's been languishing; perhaps I should make some new characters and play with my spirit pals. Methinks my Minotaur would love to be a mighty Taurin. :D

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

thatbasicwitch wrote:
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:Yes I was kind of thinking that you could either experience digital things like songs together or save things in a specific folder. Images, poems, etc. I think if you spend time with the intent you could make a lot out of it. Like a photo of a flower isn’t going to have the same natural energy as an actual flower, but spending some time offering them your concept of the flower while you’re looking at it or making some digital art of it would bring its own special energy.

I’m just spitballing here. I haven’t tried this except for creating digital portraits of my companions since I don’t have onerous space constraints.
I have a Pinterest board for each of my companions. I save things to it that I think they'll like, things that remind me of them, what their preferred environment is, food they might enjoy, things like that. I have a big altar in my house but not little individual spaces for them so I see the Pinterest boards as a type of digital altar for each spirit. And when I'm on and I'm just looking at random things I keep myself aware of my spirits so if they see anything random that they like they can let me know. It seems to work for all of us and my unicorn, pegasus, and kelpie have REALLY gotten into it.
So many great ideas on this thread! This one is something I'll run by my posse and see if they like it. Heaven knows I love Pinterest. :D

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

Yes .... some great ideas ... will be thinking about if and how to implement them :)

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:I have a WoW account that's been languishing; perhaps I should make some new characters and play with my spirit pals. Methinks my Minotaur would love to be a mighty Taurin. :D
If you do dust it off, let me know whether it's currently worth going back. I haven't played the new expansion yet. I burned myself out a bit on the last one, but I've been kicking around the idea of going back for a bit.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I found this perspective on "Offering Without Spending" (https://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/201 ... -spending/). It's written in an ADF druid context, but I think the ideas can be helpful in the context of spirit/entity companionship. I've added some emphasis below.
It is a tradition in ADF to make offerings. We give these offerings in a practice of hospitality. There is a re-constructed Indo-European phrase, *ghosti, that talks about the duties between guest and host. In this relationship, we give gifts to the gods and spirits so that they may provide us with gifts in return.

The idea is that we give the gods what we can, and they give us their Blessings and Favor in return.

We often give material gifts that cost money – oil and incense, alcohol, and flowers. But what if you don’t have the money to spend?

Offerings don’t have to be physical. You can offer your time volunteering for a charity, or by writing and performing a song or poem. You can create a prayer and share it, or you can recite a set prayer and offer up your energy and blessings. These things don’t cost anything but time and attention. Members of the Anglesey Druid Order offer up words and song as their offerings – a selection of set prayers, songs, and spontaneous prayer. There is no reason that you can’t do that.

You can also make offerings of water. Water is the one thing that every living thing needs. You can make a small bee bath with stuff that you might have around your house or garden, or set out some water for birds and butterflies. If you are in a desert area, you can share water with trees and animals. Just be careful that you are not disturbing their natural cycles when you do.

You can make offerings of plants or flowers that you grew. I will often take herbs or fruit that I have grown and offer them to the Kindreds – fresh or dried. Just make sure that you had something to do with the care of the plants, so your energy is part of it. Think of it like giving a friend flowers. You can share flowers that you grew, selected with intentionality, or that you purchased, rather than picking random flowers off the side of the road or from someone else’s garden. You need to put some of your energy and attention to whatever you choose to offer.

You can share part of your meal or your drink. I do not recommend leaving food or drink for very long, so make sure that you come back to clear away anything that remains the next day. I was taught that the Spirits take the essence of an offering within 24 hours, so it’s a good idea to remove the food the next day before it can rot.

As you can see, there are many different ways that you can make offerings without spending anything but time and attention.

Make your choices with intention, and put your attention to them and your offering will be worthy of the Gods.

Nolo614
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon Angel Uni
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Windsong

Oh I wanted to write as a follow up to someone that showing them things on the phone definitely illicits a response! My butterfly dragon picked out her own feathers to represent the element of air on her altar. She swung the pendulum very hard for royal blue ones lol <3

Grey witch of a wonderfully eclectic coven. Clairaudient, empath and card reader since childhood. Raised near historic Salem in one of the oldest Victorians in town, spirits have long been family. Lucky to have: A Schalan, A Butterfly Dragon, A Black Fae Unicorn, A Zimada, A Volkh, and a Soul Cleanser on my path.
Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being

::bump::

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”