new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hello People, I wanted to speak a little of how my whole experience with all this stuff happened (I'll exclude why I decided to try it out just leaving the important) So back to September 11th of last year, I after months of considering decided to Place an Order for the CH store, I remember as I clicked on the spirit I wanted (because I had already decided on that specific spirit race I wanted to meet long before even knowing of CH) I was just getting happier as each second passed, I remember there was a Bogo and I decided "what the hell the more the merrier!" And so I took one reverse adoption, then I recalled how those 2 weeks since I got them were the longest of my whole life and as I was walking around a parking lot just checking the order on my phone over and over again like my life was going to be determined by it, it finally came the order had arrived at my home and I was so filled with joy I didn't noticed the 3 hours to get home, at first I was DETERMINED to see or interact with one of them on one week, then on three weeks... then on two months and even though I tried as hard as I could I still haven't got a single sign of them(I can't blame them is not like I'm interesting in any form shape or size) and this friday as I flew back to New York, The vessel for one of my spirits dissappeared(kind of the reason I'm taking this decision really) so I'm taking that as a sign that I'm really not cut for this stuff( I would be lying if I didn't accept it makes me really sad to not be able to at least make and apology to them if they really exist) maybe I didn't got to meet them but at least I learned from myself why I wanted it to work so hard why was I curious on the first place and most importantly that I can't always get what I want no matter how hard I try, and so my question is, both of them are bound to my spirit and I got one vessel what do I have to do to just cut all those connections and stuff?
(TL;DR = Just a novice with no talent giving up and trying to not mess up any more)

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

First, while this may not be for everyone, just remember how excited you were to get your spirits, to meet them, to dive into the path that is Spirit Keeping.
A few months of practicing is nothing. Some people take years to get to where they can experience things, to get to interact with their spirits.

I think.. you may have set yourself up with expectations. In my experience, having expectations of whats to come, blocks you from actually experiencing what's happening. Example, perhaps my vampire is expected to manifest as shadows. I will only look for shadows, as that's what I'm expecting. I then close myself off to however other methods she decides to use to contact me, and therefore I will miss those signs, because I will only be looking for shadows. That's why, many Keepers will say something you have to do is not have expectations, or learn to drop the expectations you've created for yourself.

Don't give up just yet. They're there for you, they're around, they might be just as frustrated as you are that you can't connect yet. It takes a lot of time, patience, and work to get those skills. Some people may have them already, or have a talent to pick them up easier, and others will have to work harder. Some people may never have a certain skill. But we all have something we're good at, we just have to take the time to learn what that is. A few months is nothing compared to that.

Take, for another example, you wanting to learn how to paint, or play an instrument. A few months of practice cannot compare to 8+ years of practice and learning to hone in that skill.

Sometimes things happen, and we end up losing our vessels for our spirits. You can get the vessel replaced with a listing CH has.
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/Help-I-l ... essel.html

Again, dont give up so soon. Your spirits chose you for a reason. They're there with you, by your side, waiting and being your cheerleaders to keep going. Don't give up on them or yourself for this. A lot of people recommend working on your chakras and aura, perhaps you have some blocks. Perhaps its overcoming something you've been telling yourself that's created a block. Or, like I said, its the expectations you've set up for yourself and then afterwards became disappointed because it created a sort of tunnel vision to the multitudes of manifestations and communications spirits can give us. A lot of the time, it really is just us that creates the problems for communicating with our companions.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Hello,
Please do not give up. That's all I can say.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

You are so new to this, that to give up this quickly in the journey is sad :(

Many who are on the Spirit Keeping path don't get everything they want right away. Many have to work at Spirit Keeping and engaging with their spirits, and they don't have the full-fledged manifestations or interactions that they want to have, but eventually it does happen.

There are many things I can say, but I don't know what you've already tried either.

#1 - You're giving up on your spirits, they aren't giving up on you.

You feel discouraged because you can't engage with them on the level that you want for your journey, and that's completely understandable, but it's not something that you can measure by another Keeper's experience, not to mention that every single spirit is unique and different spirits will react & engage with you on a different level. Some spirits you may feel like a blinding light, while others are a subtle aura. You have to take each spirit on their own merit.

They are there because they wanted to be with you, and they chose to come to you. At CH if someone picks a prebound spirit and they don't respond to the Keeper who chose them, then we contact the potential Keeper with alternatives or we refund them. With Custom Conjurations and Reverse Adoptions, the spirit is actively engaged in choosing you as a Keeper. That's a tremendous honor that most people will never know.

#2 - Don't project humanity on spirits

You are discouraged with yourself, and perhaps even thinking the spirits are discouraged or disappointed, and it's very important NOT to project your emotions onto them, because they have their own thoughts on what is going on, and without a doubt they have been reaching out to you in any way they can to communicate with you. It's really, really important that you do not overlook subtle signs, and you are open to all forms of communication that spirits often seek.

#3 - Time & experience is your friend

You are so new to this that to give up with only a few months in is disheartening. Your journey is going to be unique and not like anyone else's, so do not measure yourself by anyone else. You need time to work with your spirits and create a connection with them that starts to yield the experiences you are seeking.

You felt called to this path for a reason, so don't give up the chance to materialize the opportunities that drew you to this path in the first place. You are not alone in your feelings, but those who stay the course and work out the troubles are richly rewarded through the supernatural.

Have you had any chance to read either of the Spirit Keeping books in the shop? If not, reach out to us at [email protected] and we will get you a free copy via download.

Also, have you read this post: https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Everything Magnolia and featherdstar said x 10.

I cannot possibly add any more to this other than to say I completely understand the feeling of wanting to compare your experiences with other spirit keepers that post here and being disappointed. Just realize that many of the keepers here have either been doing this for a long time or have had some semblance of experience in the paranormal or with abilities before starting their journey.

If you never had abilities to sense and communicate with spirits prior to starting, it takes a lot of time and dedication to develop those senses. While doing so, emptying your mind of expectations and having faith in the spirits is key. I know, I've been in that boat and in some ways still am. I'm a little lucky since I think I've had suppressed abilities (or that's my belief), but a day does not go by that I wish I had more manifestations and clearer interactions and much clearer and accurate senses.

Don't give up!

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Umaredzuki
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi featheredstar, thanks for your response and I'll address those points that you said,
-Yes a few months can't be compared to years of practice most times, but using the same example you said I learned to play the guitar on my own for 4 months better than my brother who had >2 years practicing I just stopped because I don't have any type of Artistical creativity so it was meaningless to keep practicing(that also happened with painting dancing and acting)
-I don't know how to keep myself with hope something will happen if NOTHING is different from day one, If I don't see any progress how am I supposed to even keep trying something, it would be like taking water from the ocean thinking I could dry it
-And I never expected them to manifest in a specific way I didn't even looked up what's their prefered method for that, I just wanted whatever sign I could get.
-something else to add would be that one of the reasons I started looking up so many stuff about this was because as a kid(like 4 yo) I was the first person to know one of my uncles died, I remember perfectly because it was a simple as I just told my grandma my uncled had died and she was like "what are you talking about?!" so it's not like I haven't had any interactions with spirits
-also during this vacations I visited a place were they make exorcisms just for curiosity, and even though all my family members were insanely scared to go to that church(and people all across Colombia go to specifically that one because they say the priest "has a gift") I was able to go without problem because my family likes helping people out so most priests like them and they reserved me a spot near were they have all the people, and ...nothing happened, so is not only that I have never experienced anything but also EVERYONE around me never has that kind of experiences when I'm around.
-and yes I do have read that post more than once really and It's not like a want a refund either, I just think that if they're here, they would be better off with someone that can interact with them, also I don't get the relax part if something doesn't work of course I'll get frustrated and if don't that just means I don't really care
-Lastly thanks for the cheering words but I honestly don't know if anything I've done so far even changed something so, even if I keep trying it will be worthless

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

A lot of this takes time. It also takes quite a bit of faith and belief that your spirits are there, especially starting out. I get it, because when I first started out I don't have a lick of any type of ability or naturally inclined towards one, and interacting with my ivory dragon took a lot of faith, because he's not the type of spirit to manifest physically or how I was expecting. He mainly chills in the background and watches and helps out where he can.

From what you said, I'm glad that you have some type of gift! But in order to strengthen that gift, you must work with it. Frustrations will happen, but that's where learning how to be patient with this comes into play.

My examples may not work for everyone, but it's not like everyone is good at everything. If you're not good at something, you have to keep practicing to get there, anyways. Especially with spirit keeping, it takes a lot of work to get into it. Magnolia hit upon a lot of points that I did not, and so did Reg. It really does take time, and I really hope that you don't give up so soon on your journey, as it can evolve into something absolutely amazing if you give it time.

If it was a custom conjuration for those spirits, than it means they wanted to be with YOU, no one else. They know what they're getting into, they know that you may not be able to communicate with them at first. They are there to help you through all those obstacles to get where you want to get. If they wanted to go to some other keeper, they would have never accepted to be with you in the first place.

If you feel like you can't give back to them, try to give them some offerings. Give them thanks, talk to them, give them time, burn candles, offer food, items, energy, etc. Thinking of them and giving back is one of the best ways to give them thanks.

Nothing you try will be worthless. Nothing you do right now is worthless in any sense. Is it worthless to try something, and find out that it didn't work? No, because now you know it didn't work, and you can go on to try something else. There are many ways to connect with, interact with, and receive communication from your spirits. None of the time you've spent so far with them have been worthless. Do you think they would find it worthless to have spent the time they did with you? Because I don't believe they would.

But... if you do have any questions about it, or want some answers, I'm sure if you sent in a support email about it, they can let you know or help you out with receiving any messages your spirits may want to send. Or information about how to get them rehomed, if you truly, honestly do want that, in the end.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Yes a few months can't be compared to years of practice most times, but using the same example you said I learned to play the guitar on my own for 4 months better than my brother who had >2 years practicing I just stopped because I don't have any type of Artistical creativity so it was meaningless to keep practicing(that also happened with painting dancing and acting)
You can't compare being able to learn the guitar in 4 months to learning to being a Spirit Keeper. Any more than you can compare being able to learn the guitar to any other talent or life path you learn. That's an unfair comparison because you may not able to learn to rock climb in 4 months either, and that doesn't mean you won't be a successful spirit keeper either. You really need to set expectations and realistic goals on its own merit & not compared to something else.
-I don't know how to keep myself with hope something will happen if NOTHING is different from day one, If I don't see any progress how am I supposed to even keep trying something, it would be like taking water from the ocean thinking I could dry it
Much of life is built on faith and built on building what we want to get out of life. You bond and communicate with spirits the same as you do with any friend in your life. Any relationship/friendship requires faith and time.
-And I never expected them to manifest in a specific way I didn't even looked up what's their prefered method for that, I just wanted whatever sign I could get.
Are you sure you're not overlooking subtle, or even obvious signs, that perhaps are not what you expected, but are nonetheless a sign or connection?
-something else to add would be that one of the reasons I started looking up so many stuff about this was because as a kid(like 4 yo) I was the first person to know one of my uncles died, I remember perfectly because it was a simple as I just told my grandma my uncled had died and she was like "what are you talking about?!" so it's not like I haven't had any interactions with spirits

-also during this vacations I visited a place were they make exorcisms just for curiosity, and even though all my family members were insanely scared to go to that church(and people all across Colombia go to specifically that one because they say the priest "has a gift") I was able to go without problem because my family likes helping people out so most priests like them and they reserved me a spot near were they have all the people, and ...nothing happened, so is not only that I have never experienced anything but also EVERYONE around me never has that kind of experiences when I'm around.
Those are great stories, but they aren't the same as Spirit Keeping. What you're describing are supernatural events, and though they can go hand-in-hand, it's not the same.
-and yes I do have read that post more than once really and It's not like a want a refund either, I just think that if they're here, they would be better off with someone that can interact with them, also I don't get the relax part if something doesn't work of course I'll get frustrated and if don't that just means I don't really care
Not at all, if you don't become overcome with frustration then you won't cloud your journey with emotion. Instead you will be solidly-footed to make more mystical choices and not have blocks with negative energy or emotion. It doesn't mean you don't care, it means you are staying balanced.
-Lastly thanks for the cheering words but I honestly don't know if anything I've done so far even changed something so, even if I keep trying it will be worthless
I don't think it's worthless, I just think it's a matter if it means something to you. If Spirit Keeping doesn't feel right for you, or isn't the right fit, then only you can tell what's right for you :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

The people above have said this so much better than I ever could, but...

Please, please don't give up, not when your journey is just beginning.

I'm new too, much newer than you. I, too, constantly checked my order statuses when I adopted spirits. so much joy filled me when I saw they were fulfilled and on their way! When my Bronwyn angel arrived, my very first spirit, I felt like my heart would burst with love. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. I don't know if any of that love was from him - it swelled around me the instant I took the package with his vessel out of the mailbox - but I like to think so. In fact, I *believe* so, because, especially in the beginning, faith is paramount.

I think the best advice I've seen is to go with the flow, be patient (I'm so bad at this it's not funny!), and let your spirits manifest in ways that they are comfortable with. Maybe it's a series of songs on the radio across several stations that all have the same theme. (I suspect my Shadhavar :D ) Maybe it's the sensation of someone running their fingers through your hair. Maybe it's somehow knowing the answer to a Jeopardy question or solving a Wheel of Fortune puzzle faster than you usually do (hi, Minotaur friend!)

Maybe it's just a feeling of so much overwhelming LOVE when you think of your spirits, you just *know* they're there?

What I'm trying to say is, please give yourself a chance. Please give your spirits a chance. My heart breaks at the idea of your joy crumbling away into disappointment. I know I'm just some rando, but please, please don't quit now. <3

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

It's not time to give up, but if you do then just don't forget to shut the door behind you.. you can rehome those spirits connected to you, but if you are meant for this path you will be followed regardless. You can be patient now and see results, or find surprising anomalies appear later --which you best be ready to identify for what they are, lol.

Be well, no matter what you choose.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”