Member Communications and it's Importance

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Can someone give me a link to CH’s terms of Service agreement.

memento mori
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

They don’t come readily to hand, but you can bet they at a minimum say, “I agree to follow the rules,” found here: topic5027.html

If they are full blown ToS, they will exclude anyone under the age of 13 from joining pursuant to US federal law, briefly reference the rules above and contain boilerplate legal CYA language noting that CH is not liable for the material posted by users (also US federal law.) It’s possible they would also contain a forum selection or arbitration clause limiting how users could sue them and in which courts.

Either way, essentially it’s going to say “follow the rules” and be subject to certain laws either it reminds people of that in the ToS or not, possibly with limitations on legal options. Usually companies prefer arbitration and to limit any court action to their state of incorporation (br sometimes presence.) CH would likely choose Florida, but many companies like to incorporate in Delaware because of their corporation-friendly laws, so that could be possible.

That’s about all the meaningful information you could get from them if you found them.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Whether* not either.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Noctua wrote:A representative diver is sent from each, only two make it to the cavernous ocean floor and when they get there instead of finding the bar of gold they find a dramatic cookie recipe.
I, for one, welcome our perfectly baked overlords, forged by our own blundering hands.
LOL All hail our delicious Masters! The appropriate form of worship is to consume them, yes?

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Can the inescapable be inappropriate?

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I found them on the login page

memento mori
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Lewk wrote:
Is it bad form to ask about the Witch Wars? I mean was it a time when people were keen to practice their psychic and magickal combat skills on their opponents in the forum discussions?

I hope I'm not out of order in asking this...

I don't know too much but from what I've read and heard about it was a time when CH was routinely bashed by other sellers and there was a lot of drama overall that possibly even involved authorities...at one point? But authorities didn't find zip on CH so case was closed and the people who reported CH were just salty and lame.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys!!
Actually CH was just one of more than 40 sellers caught up in the Witch Wars. Practically any Rip Off Report, Complaints Board, Pissed Consumer, etc you see on a seller prior to 2012 is going to be another seller leaving that review on a competing seller as part of the Witch Wars.

There wasn't one active seller during that time that didn't have at least 1 complaint post. The people responsible, I believe, just went down the line of every seller who wasn't one of them and made a complaint post.

NO seller that active at the time of the first & second Witch Wars was untouched. It caused more than half of active & reputable sellers to go out of business.

CH & some other sellers had death threats posted and we alone had more than 700 posts made against us on several complaint sites, and the death threats & stalking is when the FBI became involved, and many of the US-based complaint sites were able to track the posts to the same IP addresses and the FBI opened a formal investigation into the validity of the death threats. In accordance with the FBI investigation they removed the posts that were made related to the threats, etc.

It was a really dark time and this community lost many people who were good; both sellers & those who were practitioners and members.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Noctua wrote:A representative diver is sent from each, only two make it to the cavernous ocean floor and when they get there instead of finding the bar of gold they find a dramatic cookie recipe.
I, for one, welcome our perfectly baked overlords, forged by our own blundering hands.
I call the chocolate chip princes!

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
Lewk wrote:
Is it bad form to ask about the Witch Wars? I mean was it a time when people were keen to practice their psychic and magickal combat skills on their opponents in the forum discussions?

I hope I'm not out of order in asking this...

I don't know too much but from what I've read and heard about it was a time when CH was routinely bashed by other sellers and there was a lot of drama overall that possibly even involved authorities...at one point? But authorities didn't find zip on CH so case was closed and the people who reported CH were just salty and lame.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys!!
Actually CH was just one of more than 40 sellers caught up in the Witch Wars. Practically any Rip Off Report, Complaints Board, Pissed Consumer, etc you see on a seller prior to 2012 is going to be another seller leaving that review on a competing seller as part of the Witch Wars.

There wasn't one active seller during that time that didn't have at least 1 complaint post. The people responsible, I believe, just went down the line of every seller who wasn't one of them and made a complaint post.

NO seller that active at the time of the first & second Witch Wars was untouched. It caused more than half of active & reputable sellers to go out of business.

CH & some other sellers had death threats posted and we alone had more than 700 posts made against us on several complaint sites, and the death threats & stalking is when the FBI became involved, and many of the US-based complaint sites were able to track the posts to the same IP addresses and the FBI opened a formal investigation into the validity of the death threats. In accordance with the FBI investigation they removed the posts that were made related to the threats, etc.

It was a really dark time and this community lost many people who were good; both sellers & those who were practitioners and members.
Holy...yeah I'm so sorry I had no idea it was that bad. I mean, obviously there's going to be a lot of intensity and stress involved in something called a Witch War but...crap. I definitely see the perspective you're coming from now, or at least, way clearer than beforehand. I'd never wish that sort of drama and tension (not to mention irl fear) on anyone, ever. And I'm a pretty vengeful son-of-a-gun.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

But authorities didn't find zip on CH so case was closed and the people who reported CH were just salty and lame.
CH wasn't investigated at any point. The FBI came to us, sat down with us, went through all the posts, the information we had on the people involved, and spent months shifting through the websites, issuing subpoenas to find out who was posting those things, etc. We had nothing to hide and we gave them everything we had related to the death threats, the fake posts, the solicitations of cash-for-hire, etc. I still have the entire box of material related to that entire investigation.

We were the people who had to report the death threats. The only people investigated in all of that were the people who posted the death threats. In addition to that, one of the sellers who had so many negative, fake reviews posted by other sellers they had an attorney get involved who sent letters to all the posters to cease & desist.

The level of misinformation is staggering LOL It's really almost unbelievable how much fake news circulates and no one does any due diligence to get to the truth.

I realize the fake complaint boards say CH was investigated, but again... those reviews are all fake reviews and CH wasn't investigated at any point. It's not hard to figure out that those who were caught up in that investigation were upset and in retaliation posted that isn't wasn't them, it was CH. You guys don't wonder why every single seller that's ever existed from 2006-2012 has multiple fake reviews? And those reviews all read like a crazy soap opera drama? The only times we've had to comply with law enforcement is when members here are badly behaved, not Ash, myself, or Creepy Hollows.

The Witch Wars were a long time ago, and everyone who is still around who lived through them have all moved on and are busy being devoted to their work. While it's important to remember the history of the entire Spirit Keeping community, and to honor even darker times as well as good times, it's still a sore subject that continues to be a battle scar for all who were involved.

Everyone has moved on and that is a good decision, there's nothing good that comes from dwelling on something that was a long time ago and hurt everyone involved.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Forum Suggestions”