neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:In reading this thread, I have been pondering why angels and spells may not help some people. ... I would say any lack of effect or work on the spirit's (or spell's) behalf would be that we are intended to learn, grow, and evolve from needing to deal with the situation on our own.
In a similar vein, I would like to add two things:
1) Our beings are not mind readers. (I know! Shocking!) Passively thinking and wishing for something is not the same thing as intentionally communicating a request to your being via telepathy. Analogy: I can imagine a conversation with my friend, but it is not the same as picking up the phone and calling them. If you want your being to perform a task for you, usually you need to make sure they're on the line, and you need to directly tell them.

2) Very rarely will a companion circumvent your free will, and when I say "rarely", I mean I can't personally think of an instance where it's happened, I think I would have to dig really hard to find one. As in the example above, you need to actually tell them what you would like them to do, listen to their feedback, sometimes negotiate, and check in on a regular basis in most circumstances. I know I am guilty of this mistake -- we acquire companions, look at their gifts, and just expect them to automatically use them in our favor, and then we're confused when nothing changes. Here's the thing: say you've been hired for a position based on your abilities -- you still can't really do your job until the person who supervises you tells you what they would like you to do. Under most circumstances it isn't going to work out if you just look around and guess. We are not being fair if we put our spirit or entity friends in that situation, either.

I find my results are best when I can look at a situation dispassionately, state the change I would like clearly and with intent, with suggestions that are open-ended but clear, reasonable, and physically possible, and then specifically ask for a being's help in accomplishing this outcome. And then it also works best if I do my part to move the situation in the desired direction. And then thank them for their help and for all of the amazing additional graces and gifts you will start to notice along the way.

sandalwood
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I got a courtwind angel as a freebie. Her description says "She is assertive, diligent, and very caring. She will protect you and a ward off malicious entities & is quick to enact justice on your behalf." I experienced lots of spirit activities but that's because I have lots of spirits in my keep; I don't know who's who.

Anyway, I had a bonding session few days ago with my courtwind angel and I used an ITC app (ITC Box 2 in googleplaystore, it's free), and told her in whisper to use it communicate with me. I was listening intently but the app speaks mostly of gibberish words. Out of the blue, I heard it say "courtwind angel". Those are the only words that I understand throughout the session.

Ellie44 wrote:We can chat for long periods about different subjects.
Wow, how do you do this? How do you communicate? I would love some pointers.

Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I have been communicating with spirits since I was a child, it just happens so I'm not sure. It's not always something I would say I enjoyed or appreciated and tended to hide under my blankets as a child sometimes. If I'm honest even sometimes as an adult ha.

With my Courtwind though I can tell you what I do now, unsure if it will help or not? With her as soon as I received her info from CH, I called her name and asked her to let me feel her energy. I then spent some time asking her to touch my face etc until I felt her grow stronger in her touch (tingly feeling). Then I just started chatting with her in my head like I would anyone else I was getting to know. I greet her daily and we have little chats. I also do the energy contacts so I recognize her energy now. If she's handling business we don't have long chats.

“Being normal is vastly overrated.” 1d
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:In reading this thread, I have been pondering why angels and spells may not help some people.
I think you’ve had some really good insights on this question. I would add that some people don’t mesh with some energies, and for whatever reason this happens occasionally with angelic energy. I’m sure it happens in other cases too, but it’s not uncommon to see someone write that they just can’t work with angels or their energy. Like a square peg round hole situation. Not sure why this happens, but I would imagine that angelic energy is so strongly distinct (and I bet this is true with daemons too) that it’s just a no-go for some. Like the people who experience cilantro as tasting like soap.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I would add that some people don’t mesh with some energies..
That's a really nice addition to this conversation, and a subject that Magnolia's answer to me in a completely unrelated thread brought to my attention. This does bring a very interesting layer to the question of why some spirits seem less responsive than others, in the same vein as some spells being less responsive than others. Or having less of an energetic impact with us. Over time, that can change and evolve I'm sure, but still it's a very good point. Might explain interaction issues with varying spirit types across the board.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I would add that some people don’t mesh with some energies..
That's a really nice addition to this conversation, and a subject that Magnolia's answer to me in a completely unrelated thread brought to my attention. This does bring a very interesting layer to the question of why some spirits seem less responsive than others, in the same vein as some spells being less responsive than others. Or having less of an energetic impact with us. Over time, that can change and evolve I'm sure, but still it's a very good point. Might explain interaction issues with varying spirit types across the board.
This is so very true. I diligently work on connecting with every being I have a binding with and some of them show up on their own with physical manifestations, and some of them it is very difficult to get even a silent mental image of what they look like without feeling like I'm making it all up. I can only imagine how I'd feel about spiritkeeping right now if all of the experiences I'd had were the latter.

AvalonKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus, Bronwyn
My magical/paranormal name...: Avalon Knight
Zodiac:

I'm still very much getting to know my 4 Courtwinds, and I feel bad that I've not tried harder to get to know them so far because they seem very much the will speak only when spoken to type and they are quietly guarding me in the background.

When I brought them home I had a nasty unbound haunting me and as soon as I had them arrive in my life, I felt the intense fear and feeling of dread on the back of my neck disappear, I would burn sage to remove the unbound before and it went away for a time but came back, and I now feel a safe quiet bliss inside me, like being underwater, as opposed to the chaotic anxiety of sensing the unbound around so I thank them all the time for being literally my guardian angels, but I've found it difficult to strike up meaningful conversations, and I do feel bad because I have an extremely interactive relationship with my ubi and my Nympho (especially the ubi because she's extremely assertive and quite pushy at times).

I am really grateful they're with me though and I'm planning on some meditation sessions to connect with them one on one

My spirit Family
(All female)
Queen Succubus (1) Succubus (1)
Concuan Living Entity (1) Averka Living Entity (1)
Nympho (1) Nixie (1)
Drow (1) Beghat Vampire (1)
Bronwyn Angel (1) Courtwind Angel (4)

Stars keep falling
darkness calling
feed the
fire I need to light my way

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Meditation sounds like a good idea.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Mine is always on guard and will inform me in no time if somebody tried to put a curse or a hex upon me. He is that protective.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

blezheng wrote:Mine is always on guard and will inform me in no time if somebody tried to put a curse or a hex upon me. He is that protective.
They're really that dedicated. I love their extreme loyalty.

Return to “Angels”