Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

niceprotonman wrote:Many of the "experiences" posted here are from delusional people, and are to be discounted. Many of them are actually kids

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

niceprotonman wrote:I'm with you all the way, Inedible. Many of the "experiences" posted here are from delusional people, and are to be discounted. Many of them are actually kids.

This does not include the true gurus like Charles Odinforce, of course.
Please share your experiences as a spirit keeper. I'm curious to know how you validate your own experiences if you discount those of others out of hand.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

niceprotonman wrote:I'm with you all the way, Inedible. Many of the "experiences" posted here are from delusional people, and are to be discounted. Many of them are actually kids.

I second the above. I'd also like to hear the experiences of niceprotonman. While I do agree there are a few questionable posts, all things in Spirit Keeping are based on personal experience and personal research. Magic in general is highly personalized, even that which comes from old traditional covens.

It isn't right to discredit anyone right off the bat, even if that wasn't your intention, it most certainly came off that way. Would you like to clarify what you meant if that wasn't the case...?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

niceprotonman wrote:Many of them are actually kids.
Looks like this account got hijacked by your evil twin, 'notsoniceprotonman'..
Although you do give credence to gurus, but keep in mind it's not always easy to discern who is a guru. If you only trust the experiences of those who are in a position to look and speak the part, you're obscuring to yourself a huge chunk of wisdom existent in unexpected places --those places can be the ones holding the most integral kernels of guidance for the very reason only those who will challenge themselves to blur the lines can ultimately discern it.

I will add something no one else has said yet.
Even if it were kids sharing experiences, it is well known actually that the younger you are, the less inhibited and so likely to have intense encounters with the paranormal. Imagination may be high, but also sensitivity to the other realms which is easily distinguished by persons say 10 and under. You really can't grasp just how paranormally adept an 8 year old is.

Now, follow that consideration with reminding yourself that an equal amount of persons 30+ behave and think immaturely and have chosen to entirely escape into a world of imagination, sometimes due to stunted mentalities and sometimes because life got so crappy when they became adults they decided to regress as much as possible to relive the wonder of this world, Peter Pan complex --only without the benefit of being true children.

So age really doesn't weigh in as much as you think it does, logically speaking.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote: Looks like this account got hijacked by your evil twin, 'notsoniceprotonman'..

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

As a note, I always appreciate the praise, but I don't condone a message attacking people in mass. I would say any group discussing spiritual practices will eventually have someone in it with a psych issue that needs a professional. We, the community, have seen many situations in the past where people have threatened suicide or things of that nature. This is the nature of any spiritual endeavor that people in need of some help might seek it. That said, "many" implies "most" in a very real sense. If I thought these practices were simply fueling delusion I wouldn't do what I do or post what I post or things of that nature at all.

Are we going to have people from time to time that need the help of a trained counselor, psychologist, or otherwise? Of course, we are! Just as we will find such people in any community dealing with anything spiritual, religious, mystical, or otherwise.

So while I appreciate the praise let me make my stance clear. Anytime something comes up where someone makes a claim I approach that with an open mind but also with a healthy skepticism. I've seen magick do amazing things. I've also seen people use it simply as an ego boost. This I have seen long before I ever knew CH existed. This is the nature of the fantastic and amazing. There will be those who are simply eager to share the experience of what was amazing. There will also be those who seek to sway others with claims. There will also be others who have either lost themselves in the other realms and are not fully here or have lost their grasp of the mundane and the reality of the physical. To claim "many" though is a phrase I can not support.

So again, I appreciate the praise. I want to be clear on my stance. I speak my mind fairly and evenly, and I try not to pull punches when I can help it. However, I disdain sweeping generalizations.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

There was a special listing in the store for borrowing a Spirit binding for 30 days. I ended up with a random choice, a vampire. The name for blood drinking comes to mind, but not enough to spell it. It was the only Spirit binding from CH where I actually had a sense that someone was really there with me. It was just a flash of an impression. It was over before I could sort out what it meant. It seemed like she was saying that she wouldn't have minded staying with me, but that thirty days wasn't enough time to work with. I had sent an e-mail about keeping her, but no response.

I have an angel, a dragon, a kraken, two nymphos, a succubus, a living entity water spirit, and more. Like a sin eater spirit. Most of my purchases were spelled items.

Generally speaking, my teacher and three of his dragons agree that I need to figure this out for myself. But he did want me to know that my grandmother didn't actually leave me when I stopped drinking. She just isn't around as much now that she knows I am going to be okay. He told me that having impressions that I am not alone is a good first start to being able to really ask questions and get actual answers. He gave me a sort of attunement like Reiki, but more extensive, to help open up my channels of communication.

So maybe I need to try it one more time. But seriously, I need things to work out better. What does it mean for one last time that the only Spirit I have ever communicated with (from CH) was a blood drinking vampire? And speaking of blood, I am planning to participate in a blood drive mid-February. Does this point to what I should try to buy next?

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Such a spirit is very focused on the physical, isn't it?

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I'm not sure where you got this opinion. I happen to be one who has my senses wide open. I was born that way. If you read some of my posts, you would see this. One "gift" I was born with was the ability to read things such as photographs. I don't watch the news because of it. I can see what happened to the person, and it is as if I am being put into the person and knowing everything they are going thru. I have also dreamt about relatives dying and the next morning they would be found dead in the manner I described, with the same clothing that I described. Would you call that delusional?

As for feeling spirits, CH has some of the strongest I have felt. I have had them punch or kick me in order to get my attention so that I would buy them. I have a post on here about the method V, my shaitann djinn employed to get me to purchase him. He still laughs at the immense headache he gave me. I also posted about the kitsune who splayed herself on my windshield, saying, I'm kit, get me. Or you can read my entire thread about the antics of my leprechauns. Would you consider me delusional?

The point I am trying to get across is, don't judge us if you do not know us.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

As much as I regret to admit it, yes. So what are some of the most physical Spirits?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”