VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Muse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:53 am

Anyone here ever done tabletop rp before...? Anyone ever played with their Spirits? Either with them, or making a character for them and using it in a session with your friends, etc.? I've been debating on this as I think it'd be really fun.



User avatar
Regholdain
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Regholdain » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:52 pm

I played 3.5 edition D&D for years, mostly DMing and playing a lot of NPCs. It gave me a creative outlet for my writing energies.

Anyways, I've never thought of trying to do this with spirits. It could be interesting, perhaps. At the very least I could see creating a character based on them and playing with your friends would actually be a pretty great bonding exercise. They could hang with you during the session and watch the proceedings. Kind of like how I created some EQ2 characters to play for mine to watch me, they might even slip some ideas to you for what type of character they would be and how they might act or what skills they might pick.

Could be a lot of fun to explore, really. One of the things I loved about D&D was character creation. I would constantly create new characters, sometimes at various levels, just to explore ideas. Some never got used but there was something about rolling for abilities and picking skills and feats that I just really enjoyed. LOL I'm such a nerd.



User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Muse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm

Regholdain wrote:I played 3.5 edition D&D for years, mostly DMing and playing a lot of NPCs. It gave me a creative outlet for my writing energies.

Anyways, I've never thought of trying to do this with spirits. It could be interesting, perhaps. At the very least I could see creating a character based on them and playing with your friends would actually be a pretty great bonding exercise. They could hang with you during the session and watch the proceedings. Kind of like how I created some EQ2 characters to play for mine to watch me, they might even slip some ideas to you for what type of character they would be and how they might act or what skills they might pick.

Could be a lot of fun to explore, really. One of the things I loved about D&D was character creation. I would constantly create new characters, sometimes at various levels, just to explore ideas. Some never got used but there was something about rolling for abilities and picking skills and feats that I just really enjoyed. LOL I'm such a nerd.


Oh no I completely agree. Exploring character creation systems to get better ideas for scenes, motivations, end games, side characters, etc is always fun. Or maybe we're both nerds, lol.

And yeah I figured it'd be great bonding, especially for a Spirit like a Psy Vamp or other ones that feed off of energy.



User avatar
Regholdain
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Regholdain » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Ishvala wrote:Oh no I completely agree. Exploring character creation systems to get better ideas for scenes, motivations, end games, side characters, etc is always fun. Or maybe we're both nerds, lol.

And yeah I figured it'd be great bonding, especially for a Spirit like a Psy Vamp or other ones that feed off of energy.


I also think deep down, for me, it was... because DICE.

/sigh



User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Muse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Regholdain wrote:
Ishvala wrote:Oh no I completely agree. Exploring character creation systems to get better ideas for scenes, motivations, end games, side characters, etc is always fun. Or maybe we're both nerds, lol.

And yeah I figured it'd be great bonding, especially for a Spirit like a Psy Vamp or other ones that feed off of energy.


I also think deep down, for me, it was... because DICE.

/sigh


There's something oddly satisfying about natural 20's...



User avatar
Regholdain
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Regholdain » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 pm

LOL Did your DM make attack rolls for you in combat (like I did) or did you roll your own attacks? I was overly kind to my players and sometimes re-rolled... maybe too often. LOL



User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Muse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Regholdain wrote:LOL Did your DM make attack rolls for you in combat (like I did) or did you roll your own attacks? I was overly kind to my players and sometimes re-rolled... maybe too often. LOL


At first we all rolled our own attacks but then our DM got paranoid over not being trusted so we used an automated chat so everyone could see a random roll. So now I feel that a computer rolls everything for us, which isn't as fun imo.



User avatar
Regholdain
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Regholdain » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 pm

LOL Oh, that just takes the tangible feel of the dice away. RNG are not the same. Probably results in more failures or averages.

Stupid computers. I used to love them back in the 90s. Now... I despise them. LOL



User avatar
Muse
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 am
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Tis a secret ♡

Re: VTM, Dnd, and other RP Books

Postby Muse » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 am

Regholdain wrote:LOL Oh, that just takes the tangible feel of the dice away. RNG are not the same. Probably results in more failures or averages.

Stupid computers. I used to love them back in the 90s. Now... I despise them. LOL


I love them when they don't get in the middle of my dnd experience lol.




Return to “Books & Literature”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests