Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

“Despite all of my intentions, when Aphrodite answered my call and made herself known to me, I was shocked by how visceral and *real* She was. Her entrance was as subtle as a Lady Gaga concert, and in one fell swoop I was suddenly far more polytheistic than previously indicated! SHAZAM!”
Not going to ruin the awesome story: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/witchonfi ... her-altar/

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Wow...just wow. I don't want to say too much since I also don't want to ruin the article for others, but I appreciate how damn direct that Goddess was. As well as the sense of humor she had at the end. :P

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Right?! That particular blogger doesn't post very often, but any time she writes about Aphrodite's personality and nature, it is fun.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:Right?! That particular blogger doesn't post very often, but any time she writes about Aphrodite's personality and nature, it is fun.
Makes me want to work with her myself, but I already break my things enough on my own. XD

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

My approach to Aphrodite is this: I feel like it's safest to acknowledge and honor her at some level while also not biting off more than I can chew. So I have her idol on my fertility/love altar and another in my bathroom by my mirror with all my skincare products and offer her my self-care. But other than an occasional request with incense for more *woohoo!* that's kind of where I leave it. Although, to be fair, that's kind of all I really want to change about my romantic life at the moment, lol.

Basically, I don't want to offend her, but I don't really want her to start optimizing or troubleshooting my love life either. I like a quiet, unrocked boat. XD

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:My approach to Aphrodite is this: I feel like it's safest to acknowledge and honor her at some level while also not biting off more than I can chew. So I have her idol on my fertility/love altar and another in my bathroom by my mirror with all my skincare products and offer her my self-care. But other than an occasional request with incense for more *woohoo!* that's kind of where I leave it. Although, to be fair, that's kind of all I really want to change about my romantic life at the moment, lol.

Basically, I don't want to offend her, but I don't really want her to start optimizing or troubleshooting my love life either. I like a quiet, unrocked boat. XD
I'm not sure if you meant that to be a Sims reference but I love it either way. Also, yeah that's generally how I approach both gods and Spirits. Everything always feels fluid and natural. Although I am happy that you mentioned offering self care...i wasn't aware one could do that. It gives me a new perspective as far as how offerings can be made.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I did so intend!

But, yes, aiming for honoring Aphrodite helps keep me on the self-care train better than before which, in turn, helps me with my depression.

You might want to start here: https://www.blessingmanifesting.com/201 ... love.html/

It doesn't go as deep as I think writing on this topic should, but I tend not to see a whole lot that does.

And this is a pretty good perspective on it too: https://heronsrook.com/2015/08/29/concl ... vine-love/

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:I did so intend!

But, yes, aiming for honoring Aphrodite helps keep me on the self-care train better than before which, in turn, helps me with my depression.

You might want to start here: https://www.blessingmanifesting.com/201 ... love.html/

It doesn't go as deep as I think writing on this topic should, but I tend not to see a whole lot that does.

And this is a pretty good perspective on it too: https://heronsrook.com/2015/08/29/concl ... vine-love/
I wish there was a little give thanks button on posts because this one definitely deserves it. I can definitely relate to both the need for self care and the necessity of an outward motivation. Plus, who doesn't want help in the Sims department?

I'll be bookmarking those links.
You're the best!

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I thoroughly enjoyed the read. It cracked me up. I feel that's what needed to happen in my life at some point a long time ago, although I would have taken any answer from any deity. LOL Maybe it's better no one answered at the time.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Immortals - Specific”