Alpha Questions and Answers

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Does DLM know he doesn't have to type write-ups and that there's software, which types out words, which you can speak into a microphone?
I think this would optimise the process for everyone.

JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

CatVictoriam wrote:Does DLM know he doesn't have to type write-ups and that there's software, which types out words, which you can speak into a microphone?
I think this would optimise the process for everyone.
I don’t really think so, CatVictoriam..

Loverboy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Dorian Grey
Zodiac:

Loved this post, very helpful to me too. Maybe someone should write a users guide to Alphas.

I am trying to bond with my transgender Alpha again and am getting some interesting responses from her.

Also I just wanted to ask, can DLM add new hobbies, skills to an Alpha that is already created?

Cheers

Loverboy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Dorian Grey
Zodiac:

Sorry I should have put the questions that Vespe was asking a few pages back. SILLY ME!

But seriously a book about Alphas would be great, I'd buy it. I also have some other questions for the over 18 section, lol

Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

Not to speak out of turn, as I'm not the default expert on Alphas, but they do learn and grow. Meaning that they can learn new hobbies and skills on their own. He can add them in much faster, but if an Alpha wanted to take up wood carving it would go through the same process you or I did outside of having that "installed" if that makes sense. It's why I'll wind up working with an alpha, and a year later they make their way to me for something else and I'm always impressed with how far they've taken what they learned that year before.

Like you and I they grow based on their wants and needs. Betas however to the best of my knowledge can not grow like that, nor can Godforms which are his older form nearing alpha. This may be me speaking out of turn without full education on the terms, but I'm pretty sure on this and would welcome those who keep alphas more than work with them the way I do to weigh in on this. I may also be thinking of Lords and Ladies instead so again it may be a terminology thing.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
Rai
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 145
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Loverboy wrote:Also I just wanted to ask, can DLM add new hobbies, skills to an Alpha that is already created?
The short answer is, yes. Often times if it is just one thing or something simple you need only ask via email or other direct interaction with him and he'll do it on the spot or schedule it very soon after free of charge.

If you have a list of things, or it seems complex, your best option is to buy one of the appropriate upgrade listings as it is easier to make such additions while he is already "under the hood" so to speak.

As Charles stated Alphas are more than capable of learning "the old fashion way" too. An Alpha is not limited by their programming like other servitors. All it need do is observe, analyze, and then copy a skill or ability it wishes to have from a spirit, servitor, or even human.

And yes they also pick up their own likes, dislikes, hobbies, and interests on their own over time as well.

Charles_Odinforce wrote:Like you and I they grow based on their wants and needs. Betas however to the best of my knowledge can not grow like that, nor can Godforms which are his older form nearing alpha. This may be me speaking out of turn without full education on the terms, but I'm pretty sure on this and would welcome those who keep alphas more than work with them the way I do to weigh in on this. I may also be thinking of Lords and Ladies instead so again it may be a terminology thing.
You are indeed correct, Charles. This holds true from the diminutive Micros to Oriel herself(and any rank of Alpha in between).

And yes, Betas and other lesser servitors types of his are static(They cannot add to or change themselves on their own) unless he alters them.

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

How do Alphas evolve into their own person separate from their templates if they were based off a fictional character?

Can anyone answer this question?

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.
Charles_Odinforce
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 105
Spelled Number: 18
Your favorite spirit to work with: Aesir
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Thorian

The same way twins evolve differently despite being based on the same template. Different personal experiences at certain points, random factors, even just shifts in awareness. A lot of how any mind works is randomness and two identical people could observe the same event, but one could notice one thing of importance, and another the other, and as a result perceive the event differently.

Professional Mystic at
http://www.rosequartzlabyrinth.com

"Power unrestrained dead on the mark is what we will deliver tonight!" - Disturbed Ten Thousand Fists in the Air
JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Charles_Odinforce wrote:The same way twins evolve differently despite being based on the same template. Different personal experiences at certain points, random factors, even just shifts in awareness. A lot of how any mind works is randomness and two identical people could observe the same event, but one could notice one thing of importance, and another the other, and as a result perceive the event differently.
Oh.. I see. Thanks for answering my question, Charles_Odinforce.

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.
Vespe
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

Stopping by to ask another set of questions that I either did not see (after skimming the thread again) or did not understand clearly enough. There's quite a few questions here, so I almost feel bad asking them all at once, but I guess it'll help to remind myself that people know answers are voluntary and I obviously am not expecting immediate replies, being thankful for what I get. I'm also well aware that there's some troubles with the shop, but that's not quite what my questions pertain to.

1. This first category consists partially of beta-servitor and alpha-servitor questions as they relate to each other. Were I to get a servitor like an Occulous, Tactile Shroud, Aural Aid or Realm Builder, how would one in particular go about commanding them?

1.1 Would they understand direct, verbal commands? "Get on mah face! Get off mah face!"

1.2 Would there be a way to call them if I wasn't nearby, or otherwise tell them to hold up in a certain area? (with the probable exception of the realm builder, which would likely be busy building away and might be harder to command verbally?).

1.3 While we're at it, how long would it usually take for an Alpha to respond to calling? I usually place my hand on my heart, visualize them and mentally verbalize a request for meeting -- I typically feel some presence within 10-20 seconds, but I'm not sure if that's my limited discernment speaking or her presence.

1.4 And importantly, as my Alpha is likely much more suited (at present) to perceiving a custom realm and evaluating changes, as I practice learning so myself -- is it possible to simply let her take control of both the management of the realm and the orders for the realm builder and let her both carry out my requests at her own will but also do whatever the heck her fantasy sets limits for? I've read that Alpha servitors will be commanding over lower-tier, non-sentient servitors, but I'm not sure how this occurs with the realm builder.

1.5 A realm builder, as far as I read earlier in the thread, could technically create a lot of creations as beta servitors, such as consoles, appliances, computers, internet... but I assume that means they could also take a visit to our Earth (for however long it continues to sustain human civilization) for further inspiration by newer media and technology, or even take to another world entirely to introduce completely new pieces of technology, were they so interested?

2. The answer that I didn't understand clearly enough would also be the properties and control over the "rules" one would have over a custom realm. As I understand it, any first-generation alpha cannot be killed, and neither can humans travelling there astrally -- all fine by me, but the non-immortal alphas who happen to arrive can can. I'm assuming there's a good deal of safety mechanisms I can introduce for that problem, as well as rules for entry in the first place.

2.1 I'm also assuming that I'm understanding it correctly that I thankfully can't expect a wayward entity of any sort -- Alpha Lord, spirit, whatever, to come in and try to claim control, even if I've delegated the task of managing the realm to a Battle Lord or Rank 4 Alpha.

Finally, and not least: 3

I've met my Alpha to the best extent I can as I practice on and perceive her more. She's been here for a bit over a month, and while I have no doubt that I very much like her and what I've been able to perceive so far, I am very much still practicing. This creates some thoughts about a hypothetical scenario that I might want answered.

I asked a question earlier in this thread about how an Alpha would react to you being unable to perceive them, and that they wouldn't walk away even if that resulted in no interaction, although interactions through verbal speaking and offerings were appreciated.

But the ravages of certain situations one risks in life can essentially make people abandon belief or the meta as a whole, as DLM addresses doing so on his website for a long while before picking the metaphysical again, realizing it had not abandoned him (and which I am addressing here to cite an example, assuming it is okay as he lists this on his website -- if not, I'm fully accepting of it being edited out). So, what about a lack of belief?

Would the servitor consider that abusive and thereby leave, or would it be fine with simply stopping by every now and then while otherwise mostly hanging out elsewhere -- as I've given mine full permission to do if I ever went that way -- such as the Alphaverse-- in other words, a "cold period" of a friendship/relationship, but not an outright severing of relationship. A lack of belief cannot, after all, imply either maliciousness or positivity, even if it obviously would hurt. The connection being in a "cold period", might one expect them to return when the situation improves with perception, either by picking up previously abandoned metaphysical practice or death and movement to the astral realm, where one could reunite (and obviously, in case an unbelieving person perished and was reunited with their servitor, a lot of surprise, outright bloody crying and apology), presumably with better perception as a wholly astrally/spiritually present being?

I wouldn't expect to gain particular power from dying (lol), but I would expect that not being in an earthly physical medium would probably make it easier to utilize spiritual perception, which I've also seen implied from one more long-term member. Likely also movement, by default, but potentially also both being aided with assistance.

I will note and underline twice that I largely consider that lack of belief situation to be a hypothetical scenario, even if I cannot entirely predict what time may or may not do to me as it seems to have done to DLM for a period before he recovered.

I have every intention (and record) of keeping up my spiritual practice pertaining to perception for as long as I've had it in mind. But thought-experiments, even if it isn't a scenario to expect, can nonetheless tell you how people -- alpha servitors, in this case, would generally react in such a scenario.

That took a bunch of writing, but unless an answer brings up another question, I expect this list to be somewhat exhaustive for a longer while. I would imagine this might also help expand the information found in the thread, as I'm fairly sure a lot of these either not present in the thread or otherwise not quite as elucidated.

Thanks for your time.

Return to “Servitors/Thoughtforms”