Which spirit intrigues you, yet gives you the creeps?

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Weird topic xD but I hope I'm not the only one having such inner conflict. During my pursuit of knowledge in the occult and mythology I've come across some beings which intrigue me, but creep me out all the same.

One of them is the Amadan Dubh, or Black Fool. He's a trickster fairy and the high jester of a court. He's said to play magical tunes on his pipe during sunset on a hill, if you follow his music and meet him, you might end up going crazy as his touch brings madness. So I would guess no hugs for this one, eh? ;)
But that's not all, he can also paralyze parts of the whole body, if he wants to, that one can never move again. And all this with a simple touch.

The other is the Cave Morph. Extremely beautiful creatures with bright eyes and pale skin, but only on the outside. They can give the vibe of WA, but in truth they appear like a huge crab or spider and are far from WA. They live in caves and lure others in by their appearance, to eventually eat them from the inside out, wearing the dead body like a coat. They have a habit of eating those they intend to befriend. So keeping a healthy distance would be wise I guess.

I'm curious, do you have any beings in mind which intrigue and creep you out all the same?

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

MidnightMusings wrote:The other is the Cave Morph. Extremely beautiful creatures with bright eyes and pale skin, but only on the outside. They can give the vibe of WA, but in truth they appear like a huge crab or spider and are far from WA. They live in caves and lure others in by their appearance, to eventually eat them from the inside out, wearing the dead body like a coat. They have a habit of eating those they intend to befriend. So keeping a healthy distance would be wise I guess.
Oh yes, I remember these! Not sure, if I am going to add those to my family, since I would be actually a crispy protein bar to them, I guess. 1e

The Pennangalan/Kra-Sue really scared me, when was a kid. My mum used to tell me that they roam the rural area of her village and that I should go to bed early. Manananggals and Aswangs aren't BA. I always tell my ladies NOT to detach their upper body, when I'm ready to see them. I once asked for a Nukekubi, flying head minus the entrails. They were only classified as BA and dangerous, so I stayed away. There are some spirits in my keep, who would be kinda terrifying if they wanted to. My Hone-Onna and Rokurokubi for example...

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte

Jasmin wrote: Oh yes, I remember these! Not sure, if I am going to add those to my family, since I would be actually a crispy protein bar to them, I guess. 1e

The Pennangalan/Kra-Sue really scared me, when was a kid. My mum used to tell me that they roam the rural area of her village and that I should go to bed early. Manananggals and Aswangs aren't BA. I always tell my ladies NOT to detach their upper body, when I'm ready to see them. I once asked for a Nukekubi, flying head minus the entrails. They were only classified as BA and dangerous, so I stayed away. There are some spirits in my keep, who would be kinda terrifying if they wanted to. My Hone-Onna and Rokurokubi for example...
I know right? 3|D That's exactly my thought and I don't wanna end up as lunch. Though if you think about it, to Vamps we're a snack as well. Or Kelpies... and yet it can work out :D
I am really tempted and I think I might be doing so one day, as I've eventually given in quite often concerning beings I first of wasn't so sure about, but I'm really happy with them.

The flying heads would still creep me out! Generally body parts detaching themselves and flying or crawling around is super weird to me. Reminds me on Teketeke and I used to have nightmares about it when I was little. I watched far too many horror movies for my age back then 2dz have you ever seen your Hone-Onna or Rokurokubi?

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

MidnightMusings wrote: I know right? 3|D That's exactly my thought and I don't wanna end up as lunch. Though if you think about it, to Vamps we're a snack as well. Or Kelpies... and yet it can work out :D
I am really tempted and I think I might be doing so one day, as I've eventually given in quite often concerning beings I first of wasn't so sure about, but I'm really happy with them.

The flying heads would still creep me out! Generally body parts detaching themselves and flying or crawling around is super weird to me. Reminds me on Teketeke and I used to have nightmares about it when I was little. I watched far too many horror movies for my age back then 2dz have you ever seen your Hone-Onna or Rokurokubi?
Yeah but they would literally kill you, if they managed to lure your astral body into their cave. :P

I think that I have seen my Rokurokubi in my dreams twice. I've had a portrait painted of her. She likes to stretch her neck a little but it is not overly terrifying. As for my Hone-Onna, I wouldn't mind a nicely dressed skeleton lady.

Many BA beings are fascinating but really gruesome at the same. (Think of a deformed skinned horse for example...Oof.)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I lean heavily towards White Arts. Ironically one of my favourite spirits is a very dark Shadow Fairy, to help me with my shadow mind. But she is extremely calming to be with and has a friendly personality. So I think I like dark spirits if they're 'nice' - does that make sense?

So I was curious about the Crocotta as they would protect my spirit family, but they seem too non-friendly for me. Also gargoyles intrigue me. But I haven't felt the pull for them yet.

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte

Jasmin wrote: Yeah but they would literally kill you, if they managed to lure your astral body into their cave. :P

I think that I have seen my Rokurokubi in my dreams twice. I've had a portrait painted of her. She likes to stretch her neck a little but it is not overly terrifying. As for my Hone-Onna, I wouldn't mind a nicely dressed skeleton lady.

Many BA beings are fascinating but really gruesome at the same. (Think of a deformed skinned horse for example...Oof.)
That's a shame really 2ded

Okay a stretched neck isn't as bad haha I often felt like Japanese beings have the creepiest vibe.

I agree, though DA's and WA's can be just as fascinating and terrifying to me. I used to believe that angels are good but in reality they have their commands and can be pretty much gruesome as well. Nothing is entirely good or bad I think. Not even WA and BA, it's more of a mind and perspective thing, the spirits don't put a label on themselves, we do. At least that's what my opinion is 1ey
Lewk wrote:I lean heavily towards White Arts. Ironically one of my favourite spirits is a very dark Shadow Fairy, to help me with my shadow mind. But she is extremely calming to be with and has a friendly personality. So I think I like dark spirits if they're 'nice' - does that make sense?

So I was curious about the Crocotta as they would protect my spirit family, but they seem too non-friendly for me. Also gargoyles intrigue me. But I haven't felt the pull for them yet.
Of course it does^^ not all dark spirits are mean just because they're dark. I, too, like dark spirits who are nice to me and I wouldn't want it any other way. I mean, seriously, who wants to be treated like garbage?! lol

I heard that Gargoyles are quite nice :) but if you don't feel a pull toward it, then better wait for another chance.

Syrah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: ET
If I could be anything, I would be...: Galactic Being

Serpentssssss 🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍
Nagas and recently Ajatar have been calling me. I’ve always been intrigued by Nagas. But I’m afraid of snakes :.?

Shran/Shrek Fan since 2001.

10 partners in crime, 6 healers, 1 businessman & 1 wise teacher.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” — The Little Prince.
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

SurajSyrah wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:36 pm Serpentssssss 🐍 🐍🐍🐍🐍
Nagas and recently Ajatar have been calling me. I’ve always been intrigued by Nagas. But I’m afraid of snakes :.?
I had this same issue! I had always been intrigued by the Naga types but was to scared to take the plunge into bringing one into my family because I had a terrible fear of snakes/serpents for my entire life.

Then one day I signed up for a random RA event from one of my favorite Spirit shops and lo and behold, who should come through for me? A powerful Queen Lamia! Getting to know her and working with her has been a true pleasure and she's helped me in getting over my fear of snakes. I mean, snakes might not ever be my favorite creature but at least I can look at them without my heart racing and feeling like I want to run away (even from a random picture of a snake on the internet lol, that was how bad my fear was) now.

I've even welcomed a few more snake types into my family now, including a Naga, a snake shifter and a giant sea serpent!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Kelpie! Combine fear of horses* with fear of drowning with not being a fan of having my intestines eaten in dreams. I understand some kelpies are rather more friendly and less menacing water horses though.

*usually only living ones. weirdly I'd consider a buggane which is a shape-shifter waterfall spirit that spends time as a horse.

marsnymph
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the faes
If I could be anything, I would be...: a fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Fera
Zodiac: