venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Okay, so this thing is back. My spirit family is taking care of it, but it is a smart and slippery little monster. It apparently is able to open and close portals and loves to jump in and out of them, making it difficult for my spirits to nail it down. They do, eventually, but I don't feel there's much that they can do to keep it from coming back.

I have instructed them to use any portal-related function of any of my bindings and power orbs, if necessary, and I've tasked my sterling angel (who is a plane walker) along with my Gorgon and Hoblet to help from a multiplanar perspective. Unfortunately I am not entirely sure they will be able to guard against this thing's popping around just because it seems to me it could use any portal to any place at any given second.

That said, with the help of Alys I found this drawing posted by someone else in a blog about dealing with demons and imps, and this is EXACTLY what I saw. Without doubt. So, I am convinced one of my original thoughts - that this is an imp - is spot on. However, I need to be sure when it comes to identification, so I am asking everyone here: Do any of you recognize this creature?

I can't link the picture because it is out of size range for the forum. Please just click the link.

http://christopherfleming.com/wp-conten ... eature.jpg

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Okay, so this thing is back. My spirit family is taking care of it, but it is a smart and slippery little monster. It apparently is able to open and close portals and loves to jump in and out of them, making it difficult for my spirits to nail it down. They do, eventually, but I don't feel there's much that they can do to keep it from coming back.

I have instructed them to use any portal-related function of any of my bindings and power orbs, if necessary, and I've tasked my sterling angel (who is a plane walker) along with my Gorgon and Hoblet to help from a multiplanar perspective. Unfortunately I am not entirely sure they will be able to guard against this thing's popping around just because it seems to me it could use any portal to any place at any given second.

That said, with the help of Alys I found this drawing posted by someone else in a blog about dealing with demons and imps, and this is EXACTLY what I saw. Without doubt. So, I am convinced one of my original thoughts - that this is an imp - is spot on. However, I need to be sure when it comes to identification, so I am asking everyone here: Do any of you recognize this creature?

I can't link the picture because it is out of size range for the forum. Please just click the link.

I did the image resizing for ya. B/c I'm anal retentive (read: ridiculous) like that.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

LOL Thanks Alys, awesome!

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

You probably know all this...

I think Sterling Angels are able to trap spirits. Could that help?

And might this spell that gives control over portals around you be of use? https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spell-to ... rtals.html

Volkhs are famed for keeping away unwanted spirits, from what I've read here.

Both are a really cheap / affordable price just now.

And there's this... https://shop.creepyhollows.com/50-ft-sh ... ction.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Okay, so this thing is back. My spirit family is taking care of it, but it is a smart and slippery little monster. It apparently is able to open and close portals and loves to jump in and out of them, making it difficult for my spirits to nail it down. They do, eventually, but I don't feel there's much that they can do to keep it from coming back.

So here is what i would do.

First things first things first i would smudge the house and do a moded LBRP that i use for banishing. I then call upon elemental forces to create a shield around myself.
I trace the rune algiz on every wall, door, and window along the perimeter of the house with my energy. As i do this i set the entent that nothing enters unless i allow it.

If this fails i get a bit more aggressive.

If it comes back the first thing i will do is create a symbolic link to it. This will allow me to launch attacks as i wish without needing to locate it.

So im not suggesting that you do the following but its wwhat i do
So the first thing i do is psychic vampirism. I suck it dry until theres nothing left.
If the entity returns this attack in kind i bind its will and force it to stay away. I have yet to have this fail but i also dont need to often. If you chose to try something like this be careful and good luck.

memento mori
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

@ Lewk - I have a sterling angel among my team, and I've no doubt she could likely lock down a portal jumping spirit; however I do think there's more than portal jumping involved. I think, if this is an imp, it is not too far-fetched to think it is capable of cloaking itself and / or invisibility. Especially if it is a living entity. This is why I think my protection spirits are having a heck of a time nailing it down. (As an off-handed note, I noticed an open portal yesterday or the day before - first time I've ever sensed that - and I asked my sterling angel to confirm there was one and she did, and I had her close it. I do not know if that was related to this creature.) I do have a Lazy Orb and Dynamic Discovery Orb... I think the DDO has quite a few portal-related features - detecting, opening, closing. It might be time to sneak around the house with it and see what it detects. Otherwise, I do have a plethora of protection, but I think a lot of those bindings are geared for spirits and not entities (would have to ask the HD) OR there's a connection to me with this creature that's giving it a direct line to me.

@ QF - Thanks, I'll keep the smudging and LBRP in mind. I may not be able to get away with an LBRP due to the living situation, and I would have to find an alternative to smudging that was smokeless. I've seen some very good suggestions in that regard elsewhere - yet both are very good ideas. I haven't attempted a banishment yet just because the entity is not being malicious at this point - hasn't directly messed with me or any items or property - and just seems curious now. So I don't want to antagonize it unnecessarily. I am also weary of any direct communication with it until I can identify it, know how and why it came to me, and can figure out where to go from there with that information.

My main question is - do either of you know from the drawing (if you go to the linked page it's drawing 7 and 8 that are exactly what this looks like - and it's brown with black eyes) what this is?

I'm looking into having someone do a reading to help figure out some answers to all of this and what the next steps should be from there. The creature is not being malicious at this point, like I said, so I'm not too stressed over it. It's just really annoying that it has an in-road to my home and I can't figure out how.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I dont think it would be wise to identify such a thing based upon what it looks like.
Can you list some more of its behavioral traits?

memento mori
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

quantumflux wrote:I dont think it would be wise to identify such a thing based upon what it looks like.
Can you list some more of its behavioral traits?
I agree, that's a bit dubious. Hmmm... From the very few times it's been around the below summarizes as much as I can think of in regards to its behavior:

1) Caused a Nightmare (has not happened again).
2) The two times it was around after the nightmare, strong feeling of being watched and body chills in reaction to its energy. It Caused Uneasiness and Anxiety, but not fear.
3) I believe it also caused electronic issues with my new TV's remote and my Wi-Fi access specifically to this site the same day and night of the nightmare. So it likes Pranks.
4) Initial Behavior during the nightmare was Angry and Violent with strong feeling of malicious intent. I felt this behavior was reactional and Defensive for some reason.
5) Behavior since initial encounter has been Curiosity and Child-like Playfulness (teasing, tricking the spirit keep with "hide and seek" portal jumping / cloaking / invisibility). Also, Intelligent and Fascinated with me for some reason.
6) Possibly unrelated, I found an open portal in my room a couple days ago (possibly astral) when I got home from work and had my sterling angel close it. If this is related to the creature, and as otherwise noted above, it likes to use portals a lot.

This is the extent of how I have seen it behave from the nightmare through the two or three brief incidents after. These have occurred several days apart and at this time, I have not seen it again since five or six days ago (aside from the strange open portal that I had my sterling angel close).

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

He thinks with portals. Maybe you should too

memento mori

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”