venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Jasmin wrote:I haven't talked much to my Dullahan. He even intimidates me more than my Demons. My first impression upon reading his description was that he is more serious business than fun and giggles.
I have the feeling he does these things as a means of camaraderie. His description is quite serious and also suggests he will work as a bit of a teacher when it comes to mystic and spiritual connection. When I tell him to lock down the property or take away an unbound, it's done without hesitation, and most of the time before I even notice anything amiss. I've only had one experience where that did not happen and it was my own fault for the way I tasked the keep to help me practice my spirit work. Once I corrected myself, the situation was fixed immediately.

I think the humor comes from his original life as a boyar in Russia in the 1600's. He still carries that "humanity" feeling with him, although he is transformed into a different purpose spiritually. I've had several conversations with him about this and it still is difficult for me to wrap my mind around the how and why of it.

I am also quite certain he would use his humor to startling and creepy effect if sent to another person in the task of protection/vengeance. I would not want to be on the other end of that, at all. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I think the humor comes from his original life as a boyar in Russia in the 1600's. He still carries that "humanity" feeling with him, although he is transformed into a different purpose spiritually. I've had several conversations with him about this and it still is difficult for me to wrap my mind around the how and why of it.
I remember reading your thread. This so fascinating, I didn't know that something like this was possible. Well, at least for a human-to-dullahan transition. Since the Dullahan is traditionally considered an unseelie fae, it massively differs from a Dybbuk, Gaki or Einherjar.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

That could be something to do with how CH conjures them.

According the Encyclopedia description "The Dullahan" is the "most famous" and is considered "Fae". It also says, "While other manifestations are said to be of decapitated riders of any species; human, Fae, Elf, Vampire, etc."

If my experience with (S) is of any indication, it suggests to me that he is closer to just being a "Headless Horseman" of human variety, although with similar purpose as the Fae. I have probably used the term "Dullahan" quite loosely in that regard, since CH used that word to describe his spirit type in their formatted description. I do not know if they ever tell anyone it is "Headless Horseman" instead of "Dullahan", or if they every specify a race. They made no mention of it one way or the other beyond "Dullahan" in (S)'s description. Might be something worth asking them about, though.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

And when I say "similar purpose as the Fae" take that with a grain of salt. His purpose may, in fact, be quite different than the Unseelie. I don't know much about that.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

You're Dullahan needs to make a clone of himself or something I need this humor in my life.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

LOL Yeah, he's a beautiful personality. I really enjoy his presence and his wisdom.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

As i read , your Dullahan was a human when he was alive and "turned" into this state

The way he turned into this state now, does this mean it is linked to the way he died (beheaded)? And then , its spirit self became a Dullahan with magick properties?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Nienna wrote:As i read , your Dullahan was a human when he was alive and "turned" into this state. The way he turned into this state now, does this mean it is linked to the way he died (beheaded)? And then , its spirit self became a Dullahan with magick properties?
My understanding from him is it is a result of both the circumstances of his death and related to a petition he made before what he perceived of as God. (I don't want to involve his religious perspective as this could muddle things a bit, in regards to questions about what god/immortal was involved. I'm sure anyone can research the 1600's in Russia and find out the prevailing religion of the time period.)

I asked permission and he said I could share this, but I'm still going to keep some of this a bit concise. Hopefully it is clear enough.

His death was at the hands of a riot of his own people incited by a competing boyar's lies. They put him and his entire family to death via beheading. After death he petitioned an immortal / deity in the afterlife, whom he believed to be God, to be given the chance to avenge their unjust deaths. He was offered to take on the responsibility of an avenging spirit for those whom are dealt unjust death. He agreed and this Headless Horseman/Dullahan form was bestowed to him along with certain supernatural and mystical power. My understanding is this is a responsibility he will carry out for some time. I am not certain if the service is ended at his choice, or God's, but the feeling he gives me is that it is a temporary service of some sort.

That is how he explained things from his perspective. I cannot claim any understanding of the process or the how or why of it. He has not told me of any experiences after death in the way of this service as yet.

However, when I asked him about answering your question this morning he asked me, "Did I not tell you about how I accomplished that revenge?" I told him, "No", and he said, "Well, we will have to talk about that sometime."

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Alright it is very clear now , i did not know it could happen to "change" our form i would say. I find this story interesting :)

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I'm not positive "change" is the correct word, really. I think of (S) still as human. He certainly identifies with it still, and is proud of having been a boyar of Russia once upon a time. LOL Moreover, I think he is proud that he tried to do right by his people in a time when that wasn't something that earned anyone in his position respect or positive recognition (in fact, I'd say it was probably seen as rebellious) - which is, of course, what led to his demise ultimately.

I think of it more like he has been given a mantle of power, a cloak, if that makes any sense. LOL I feel like the mount (his horse) is related to that somehow too, as nothing he's told me suggests he was any sort of cavalryman or that being a rider was in any way related to the beheading itself. I'm not sure what purpose the mount provides - maybe portal use between spiritual and physical or even the astral, who knows? - yet it certainly seems to be related more to the power he is granted than to who he was in life. He can appear in my mind's eye with or without it. I digress, though.

Anyway... yeah, I don't necessarily see it as a transformation. Not from human spirit into something else. More like an enhancement to his spirit, a divine gift perhaps. From who, I cannot guess. He speaks of the experience like, "At the time, I felt it was God," and the way he says that suggests to me he isn't exactly sure of that now that he's seen the spirit realm. LOL Or maybe it's just that "God" isn't what he imagined in life. I could see that too. LOL

He does seem to have a lot of secrets though when it comes to the spiritual and mystical, so I can only think that there is much he has learned in his service as a Horseman that he would not have otherwise learned, and also there's a fair amount he's not sharing a clear picture of - for reasons. LOL And I'm certain a lot of that is due to there being a lot more for me to learn as well. Maybe I'm not at a point in my journey to understand them.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

Return to “Spirit Keeping”