do you guys eat the offering or u let the spirit eat it...

mario31
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0

how do you guys do the offering.. you eat it . or u let the spirit eat it.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I think this depends on how you feel about it and what goes along with your beliefs. Me personally, I share my food with them. I offer my food, invite them to come eat with me, and believe they take what they'd like while I'm eating. Sometimes, I'll offer them some chocolate candies and then I'll eat the chocolate afterwards. I don't like spoiling food or just throwing food out. But that is me.

Other people will offer a portion of their food and not eat it / toss it out afterwards.

What do you feel is right for you?

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

Looking around as I've seen this topic before, here's some links to other forum posts that I think will help :)

post759445.html?hilit=offerings#p759445
post659963.html?hilit=offerings#p659963
post516279.html?hilit=offerings#p516279

If you want more ideas or understanding, I do suggest using the search feature to search the forum for similar topics.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Those other threads have probably gone through that subject from all angles.

FWIW I just want to say I do offerings to the conjured bound spirits I get from metaphysical sellers differently than I would to spirits or deities I work with via different methods and types of relationship. Personally I follow each seller's recommended offerings as closely as possible.

The very first offerings I ever did were part of an Indian approach called Prasad (pruh-shaad) where you offered fruit to the deity/personage then after the ceremony everyone could take some to eat and it was thought to have been sanctified.

For me the relationship with my bound spirits is closer and more personal than interactions I've had with other spirit beings over the years so I take far more care over what I offer. With food, I may share a part of something I eat but I give the food exclusively to them and do not eat it after they've had a chance to consume it their way.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

From what I've seem at times and what I've read they only take the ethereal essence of the offering or what they have on their end in their realm.Mine told me they like my edible offerings to be something I would eat and drink myself as to not waist what was left over like I was when giving wine to my one of my vamps.And I've read that same idea on the site a few times to.

Blessed be

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I too prefer to share my food as I'm eating it, offering my spirits the etheric essence while I consume the physical portion. The idea of throwing away perfectly good food doesn't sit well with me at all.

Plus, sharing food and drink offerings to me feels like we are bonding through a shared meal. And since the food/drink is also an offering, it's sanctified in a way, like Lewk mentioned above.

Tl;dr I revert their offerings and consume them after offering as a way to avoid waste and to not associate offerings/spiritual interaction with wastefulness and ingratitude. $0.02.

Annabelle
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Leviathan
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demoness
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Annabelle

Personally i let the spirit eats it and then throw away. Thing is the spirit consumes it on more subtle level. He doesn't touch it or put it in his mouth on the same way we, material body beings, are doing, but takes out the essence of offered food. Such food is - what one guy at another thread have told very well - somehow drained. Taste is weaker, it almost doesn't exist even if the food is only one day old after we offered it. It's also more dry and doesn't look good.
These signs show us that spirit consumed it. :) And such, consumed food, is, in my opinion, completely ok to put in the garbage, because there is no nutritive value in it anymore.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Annabelle wrote:Personally i let the spirit eats it and then throw away. Thing is the spirit consumes it on more subtle level. He doesn't touch it or put it in his mouth on the same way we, material body beings, are doing, but takes out the essence of offered food. Such food is - what one guy at another thread have told very well - somehow drained. Taste is weaker, it almost doesn't exist even if the food is only one day old after we offered it. It's also more dry and doesn't look good.
These signs show us that spirit consumed it. :) And such, consumed food, is, in my opinion, completely ok to put in the garbage, because there is no nutritive value in it anymore.
At that point that makes sense and as someone who left out milk with some honny around the rime in a small container for fey at a time long before finding out ch was more then just info on spirits I would did the same. But you only really need to leave it out for a half-hour at least and I can see my keep taking the offering at points which looks no diffrent then a normal person or creature eating or drinking it so it doesn't really need a whole day,at least with my keep.

They even told me themselves that they would prefer I give edible offerings that I would eat myself as to not waist the physical portion. Like with the wine I was offering to my vamp which just want down the sink because I don't drink alcohol in any sense.The jestjur(auto correct isn't understanding what I'm saying to spell it properly so that's what is being put)is nice but they rather I not waist the physical time and effort on them just to waist the physical offering as well.

Course I guess you need to ask the ones your offering is for what they think of things to know for sure since the individual level of anyone's keep can wind up having one that wan'ts it for themselves wether they take all of it or not but the intent is more important then the method.And as a quote from a youtuber abdullahsmash026 goes the end justifies the means so if it works for you and your spirits then it doesn't really matter at the end of the day but take what you will in info its your and your spirits choice on how to to about it.

Blessed be

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

It would depend on the type of offering you are giving. You can use soaps, oils, lotions, perfume, incense, etc that relates to their likes & those are all offerings.

You can leave offerings out for them and throw them away (if perishable), or recycle them from time-to-time if they are non-perishable.

You can make food from the things they like and consume it, that's a way to share an experience.

There are many ways to do offerings to spirits, and the biggest thing to remember is as long as it's from your heart, it's good :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”