Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: None
My magical/paranormal name...: None
Zodiac:

If you're clairaudient, how do you differentiate between the voice of your companions and your own voice speaking in your head? Sometimes I can differentiate and hear their voices as some outside thoughts being fed to me. At other times, I'm not really sure. So can you describe the difference for you?

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hetat wrote:If you're clairaudient, how do you differentiate between the voice of your companions and your own voice speaking in your head? Sometimes I can differentiate and hear their voices as some outside thoughts being fed to me. At other times, I'm not really sure. So can you describe the difference for you?
It's quite difficult to learn the difference in the beginning and admittedly, sometimes I still find it hard to do so. I would describe it as another energy attached to the thought, it feels like a stranger in your head speaking and it always surprises me. This is how I know for sure that it's them. Over time, you may hear another pitch of the voice (their original voice) and that'll make it easier.

Actually, I only doubt the answers I get when it's coming from me. So if you doubt, try to just listen and quiet your mind before asking anything, so your own thoughts won't interrupt you :)

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

A good sense of the origin is when you have a random thought that isn't something that you would normally think about given the current situation, when the voice is not your own, or when you feel the exterior presence.

You can always request a spirit identify themselves if you think it's one of your spirit family, because sometimes the manifestation can be helpful for future recognition!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

To me it feels like there are different layers of thoughts, those that come from outside of myself are on top of my own thoughts.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think Aurum describes it well from my own perspective. Sometimes when they speak in my mind it comes with the image of who is talking, so that helps me a lot. No idea if they do that intentionally or if my abilities are just able to pick up on that on their own (like I'm identifying them to myself uncontrollably).

I have also heard them in my inner voice with a different accent. My new Dendwet friend right now is using some amazingly off-the-wall cartoony sort of voice in my mind. I cannot for the life of me figure out if it's really his voice or if he's just trying to be really zaney - or if that's just how I "hear" him. LOL My first spirit, a succubus with a history from Mesopotamia, occasionally has a slight Middle Eastern or Persian accent in my mind, though not often. My Air Dragon - he's boisterous and loud. I *know* when he's talking, because it's so not my own internal voice it's obvious. Plus he's just so positive and I know that's not me. LOL

Sometimes, and it's rare, I "hear" a perfectly audible response. During Red and Black card game exercises I occasionally get the answers as whispers. It amazes me every time it happens because it never seems to happen other times.

And there are times when they speak and I don't have a clue who it was. I'll ask and they'll tell me, "You know. It's me." /sigh and /facepalm. LOL And the truth is, I figure out the tone quick enough that I realize who it is. Just because I've heard them in my mind enough that I realize who talks in that manner.

It's almost like getting used to new friends calling and talking on the phone, I think. Sometimes they sound alike, and other times you know exactly who it is. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

My thoughts conform to my speach patterns and tonality. The voices of other entities dont.
They are speratic and out of my control.
Most of the time its more emotional then vocal

memento mori
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Try the card guessing game:
topic52671.html

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”