Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:I only made it as far as Step IV before my determination broke - I've spent years plowing through some other systems with daily exercises that last a year or two and I'm resistant to take on more of that...although lately I have been toying with the idea of picking it up again and carrying on where I left off....
I absolutely would have iced out before Step IV.

polyana005
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: lemming
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:
Lewk wrote:I only made it as far as Step IV before my determination broke - I've spent years plowing through some other systems with daily exercises that last a year or two and I'm resistant to take on more of that...although lately I have been toying with the idea of picking it up again and carrying on where I left off....
I absolutely would have iced out before Step IV.
All right. No AP on demand yet, but I am getting closer than before. This time around I am with a positive attitude and do not get upset or disappointed in things do not result in an OBE.

I now have an astral angel living entity in addition to the astral angel spirit and a CH made servitor that is supposed to aid in the AP.

I discovered something very IMPORTANT while trying. I realized that I need to be quite rested in order to focus and be able to follow through the steps. So it has to be a daytime nap-time attempts. I am way too tired in the evenings or early mornings. Getting daytime naps is a luxury for me right now because I've got a family, two jobs and two small kids. So I need good planning and preparations for my AP practice.

A friend to: A human spirit, gold djinn, werewolf, three ancestors, deva., high elf, Egyptian sanguine vampire, Astral angel, Courtwind angel, sterling angel, Bronwyn angel, Enochian Angel Baradiel, Enochian Angel Galgalliel, Nephilim.
Protected by: Volkh, Einherjar, Fylgia, Draugr.
Immortals: Zeus, Aphrodite, Anubis, Nephtys.
Living astral entities: Astral Angel, Norse vampire elder, Falwer-niamstrum.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I recommend that you start by learning to enter into deeper trance states. A deeper trance will assist with immersion greatly.

I dont use any conjured spirits to help me with this but i do evoke spirits to help.

I work with a spirit named Sastan and i work with Lilith.

Sastan comes from one of E.A Koettings books and of course Lilith is a goddess.

I just ask them to help and start practicing techniques.

memento mori
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 298
Spelled Number: 202
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:All right. No AP on demand yet, but I am getting closer than before. This time around I am with a positive attitude and do not get upset or disappointed in things do not result in an OBE.

I now have an astral angel living entity in addition to the astral angel spirit and a CH made servitor that is supposed to aid in the AP.

I discovered something very IMPORTANT while trying. I realized that I need to be quite rested in order to focus and be able to follow through the steps. So it has to be a daytime nap-time attempts. I am way too tired in the evenings or early mornings. Getting daytime naps is a luxury for me right now because I've got a family, two jobs and two small kids. So I need good planning and preparations for my AP practice.
That sounds like good progress. Yes, being well rested is recommended for a lot of things like this, including many types of meditation. Anyone trying to astral travel while awake (ie via light or medium trance) needs to avoid dozing off. (Those who use conscious dreaming for their astral or shamanic excursions need to set themselves up properly too before sleep and can't as a rule simply doze off and hope all goes well, at least in the methods I've learned.)

As with all things, some people will be exceptions to any 'rule' and others, once they're well into astral travel, can keep up a certain amount of astral contact while fully awake, receiving mental images even while apparently busy doing physical tasks. I wouldn't really recommend it as this form of daydreaming isn't wise when you need to be focusing on your surroundings for personal safety and your own sanity.

I should qualify all this as my personal opinion and say I don't teach these things. I consider myself only an intermediate beginner in astral travel, shamanic journeying and astral dreamwork and conscious dreaming (aka lucid dreaming). Still I hope some of this comment is helpful.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

polyana005 wrote:I discovered something very IMPORTANT while trying. I realized that I need to be quite rested in order to focus and be able to follow through the steps. So it has to be a daytime nap-time attempts. I am way too tired in the evenings or early mornings. Getting daytime naps is a luxury for me right now because I've got a family, two jobs and two small kids. So I need good planning and preparations for my AP practice.
That makes 100% perfect sense to me. And I know it's true for everybody that they need to be well-rested, but being a parent just reeeeally makes this stuff harder on a few fronts. You get less sleep. The sleep you do get is less restful. Your emotional reserves just really get tapped. And kid stuff is constantly going on in your brain, whether in the foreground or the background.

So, yeah. from the standpoint of a parent...Just as close as you can humanly get to *fully* rested rather than just adequately rested. Beyond that, I think that while working on trance states would be ideal on paper, I think I would just aim for conquering a sense of mindful equanimity and balance. Just kind of as much as you can make being mindful and calm and deliberate a conscious practice in your life, it will help you get into those trance states more easily, given your overall life load, more than practicing the trance as your primary goal. And that might help with the AP in the same way, actually, without trancing being a separate preliminary goal. It help slow you down and be able to shut down some of those background thought processes that are always running on the kids and homefront. That should help you foster some detachment that might help you get out of your body a bit because you'll develop a good sense of choosing when to be in your body and attach to its thoughts and sensations.

To boil all those thoughts and all that advice down to practicalities...get lots of sleep (9 hours a day if you at all can, but probably below 7 is sabotage) and do 10-30 min of mindfulness meditation a day. Once you start seeing yourself slow down in the rest of life and feel better rested on the regular, then go on to working on the brass tacks and specifics of AP.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

It’s funny that you mention getting at least nine hours of sleep because I find that after I get at least nine hours of sleep any sleep after that is substantially more prone to me experiencing lucid dreams and such. At this point my dreams start to get realy WTF LOL and around full moons i will sonetimes experience spontaneous astral projection.

memento mori
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:It’s funny that you mention getting at least nine hours of sleep because I find that after I get at least nine hours of sleep any sleep after that is substantially more prone to me experiencing lucid dreams and such. At this point my dreams start to get realy WTF LOL and around full moons i will sonetimes experience spontaneous astral projection.
I have a theory about this. Sleep is a great window or door or tool (or whatever, lol) in metaphysical matters. But it also serves important biological processes and is very necessary for your brain's health. My guess would be that making sure those physical needs are VERY well met gets priority before your brain can channel more energy into non-physical endeavors. Kind of like how bodies can decide to really hold on to body fat because they aren't counting on the next meal, I imagine brains need to really, really know that they can afford to spend a little in case there isn't enough sleep coming up around the corner.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”