sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I don’t spend a lot of time on other sites. There are a few channels on the D-place that I’m not sure we can mention, but even there, I spend most of my time in magick-related sites run by folks from whom I’ve purchased courses or whose podcasts I subscribe to. None of those sites are connected to spirit keeping.

If I saw a forum, an online channel, or any other social site full of drama, I’d be more inclined to show myself out silently than attempt to be the voice of reason. If everyone who wants peace in the SK Community handled matters similarly, and avoided the bashers and conflict-starters, the ones creating the conflict would quickly sink out of sight without a trace. That’s one way to try and reduce conflict without attempting to referee battles.

On the other hand, if we see false accusations being spread, we might want to counter it by posting our own experiences that are the opposite of whatever false thing was said. Just be prepared that if some folks have already chosen a side for or against, they might not pay any mind to your words. Don’t let that suck you into drama.

Seriously, though, anyone who has to bash the competition leaves me feeling less inclined to trust them, rather than impacting my opinion of the competition.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Chewie
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Seriously, though, anyone who has to bash the competition leaves me feeling less inclined to trust them, rather than impacting my opinion of the competition.
This is exactly how I feel.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I'm glad this was posted because it needs to be said. Standing together, we are strong. Separately, we don't stand a chance.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Daron09
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Wow, it is a shame that this happens. I've been to sights where people literally started an argument over the use of a word and its spelling, and it completely lost the context of a good question or post, it was tiresome. Unfortunately, it tends to drive away most people who are searching for something wonderful. I have not been involved in spirit keeping very long, but it has been a new and awesome part of my life. I have not seen nor been given any grief here, just the opposite their have been many who have been so nice, shared and offered advice. Maybe I haven't read enough of the posts IDK. Anyway, I'm glad that ya'll are being so proactive if just to maintain a peaceful place people who have a common interest can spend time. If I can be of help just ask, as I am sure many others here would do as well. D9

“Heathen, n. A benighted creature who has the folly to worship something he can see and feel.”
― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary
SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Zodiac:

Like others have stated, I too don’t venture on to other SK social media. I follow this board and rely on it and the members because of the reputation CH has. This has been my main source of info on SK and I feel very lucky for all the amazing info here and in the encyclopedia. I definitely will stick with you guys and band together to protect SK and stop false info from being spread and unnecessary drama. Thanks CH and all it’s lovely members for always being kind and open and willing to help each other!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations ❤️
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I completely see where this is coming from. I have been on places like Tumblr for 10 years now.. since 2009, and even though I still regularly use the site personally there is just way too much face-value assumptions within subgroup communities on there who honest to god don't really know anything, especially with what CH does. Sometimes other sites with all their ridiculous "callout" posts. But that is precisely why I decided to join the forum and purchase from the shop myself because I knew I will have my own experience and not just from seeing a glimpse of a window on a blog, because before buying or even joining I had seen all that just from observing and after having so many satisfactory experiences with CH I realize how muddled all these perceptions are. Lol those negative things was what pushed me to see for myself and I'm glad I did. So I rarely, or never associate with these communities. Ultimately I agree with this post -- preach lol!

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

In my relatively short time here, I've seen fights between members that have turned into a feud. And it started over something really simple. One of the parties involved eventually moved on and let it go. The other continued to stew over it, and never seemed to truly let it be. This difference that one party couldn't let go lead to them eventually leaving. That day a lot of knowledge left the community.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

SapphireEyes wrote:Like others have stated, I too don’t venture on to other SK social media. I follow this board and rely on it and the members because of the reputation CH has. This has been my main source of info on SK and I feel very lucky for all the amazing info here and in the encyclopedia. I definitely will stick with you guys and band together to protect SK and stop false info from being spread and unnecessary drama. Thanks CH and all it’s lovely members for always being kind and open and willing to help each other!
This is how I feel exactly! I have been Spirit Keeping for only 9 months so I don't have a lot of experience with any other SK resources besides CH. I couldn't even tell you who else is out there lol. However I love this community and everyone seems really supportive of each other and passionate about Spirit Keeping in general. I don't plan on going anywhere else.

Always seeking and always learning.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I completely agree with putting the record straight, without triggering unproductive conflict. I think it's more useful to communicate clearly than get into an Us and Them fighting mode...according to the conflict resolution training and theory I'm familiar with.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

A few things of late are frustrating me in trying to be serious and stand up for spirit keeping.

To the purpose of defending spirit keeping and keeping everyone accurate to various terms as used in this path, and this path's perspective on spirits and the spiritual realm and astral realms in general, how can we try to stand up for what is correct without causing an argument in these forums and then catching flack from the CH Moderator?

We are not able to convince people of our point of view any more than a new forum member can convince us of theirs. All that happens is a thread devolves into an argument that wasn't intended to be its original purpose. I've seen multiple threads devolve lately for this very reason.

Us members cannot be expected to "police" the idea of "spirit keeping" as per the original Creepy Hollows intent alone, without support from its founders. When a thread devolves on this board, a comment from Magnolia or Ash would be nice in those threads, to either tell us we've got it wrong or to show support for what is the correct view.

Alternatively, is CH planning on sponsoring people in the spirit keeping path and giving them some kind of support as "acolytes" or something in these forums? Otherwise, without any kind of authority from CH saying yep, this guy knows what he's saying, nothing we say on this board matters to anyone with a different viewpoint.

There just seems to be a lack of support when our own efforts to stand up just fall flat. Why defend something we didn't start when we just get pushed back or worse?

This extends beyond CH as well - see RavenConspiracy's topic here: topic76195.html
How could she have gained support trying to espouse and defend spirit keeping outside of the CH Forum?

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Messages & Updates”