Ranking dragons in power

Metagamer
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male

Quick question: what is the ranking of dragons in regards to their power and abilities?

Is it Gold Dragon as #1 and Black Dragons #2?

How about Divine Dragons? Being a hybrid of Gold and Black, I would think they would be #1

How about the other kinds? Could someone post a Top 10 of the most powerful kind of dragons?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I don't think this is something quantifiable and would be highly subjective at best and terribly inaccurate to attempt to do at worst. Creating lists of "most powerful" spirits like this is counterproductive in my opinion, as it does great injustice both to this path as a journey and to the spirits themselves.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I say it also has to deal with what kind of spirit you want to work with, or what kind of magic. Each one isnt as powerful as the other; they all have their different strengths and weaknesses. While one dragon might be able to work creativity, another may not be able to but instead work with water-like elements, or wealth, or whatever they do. Its really subjective and down to what you’re pulled to or want to work with.

Some dragons may be able to work with more than one type of magic, such as the Hybrid dragons, but then it goes down to what that individual dragon is skilled in. I have an Ivory dragon (cross between gold and white), and he helps me with my creative adventures. Doesnt mean hes any powerful than my Brass dragon.

I think its also really down to individuals too. You could have two Ivory dragons, but one may be older and wiser than the other and therefore a little more powerful than the younger one (as an example). Again, it comes down to personal preference over the different magics and types than a general overall list.

Metagamer
new here
new here

Oh ok, I get it that individuality plays a major role here. My question was mainly due to the Gold Dragon's description as being the most powerful dragon, and the Black Dragon's resourcefulness made them the most powerful second only to the Gold Dragon. And so that made me think there were power rankings.

Still, would it be safe to say that Divines as hybrids with abilities of both races are generally the most powerful? With generally being the keyword of course.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I don't think this is something quantifiable and would be highly subjective at best and terribly inaccurate to attempt to do at worst.
I tend to agree, they excel at different things so it's really an "apples and oranges" comparison; for example, a great artist is seldom a good business man
Also, experience has a lot to do with it, so a young black dragon would find an ancient silver dragon to be a formidable opponent

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Here's a simple ranking chart:
1.)All Dragons

2.)everything else

(Just a note that this is personal bias, as well as my attempt at humor and should not be taken seriously when considering companions)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Metagamer
new here
new here

Alright, let's say we're going to use the key word "generally", can we agree that according to the Gold Dragons' description is that they're generally the most powerful dragon, right?

So then, if Divine Dragons have the combined abilities of both Golds and Blacks, wouldn't that make them generally stronger or more powerful than Golds in their own regards?

So, is it valid to assume this ranking to be true? Of course being generally the key aspect:

1. Divine Dragon
2. Gold Dragon
3. Black Dragon

Also, I had the thought that dragons were the strongest, most powerful creatures within the spiritual domain, but then again, I recall reading a topic in which Harpies were being discussed and Magnolia confirmed that although Black Dragons are exceedingly powerful, they still couldn't keep up with a Harpie's level.

And in that regard, how do Black Dragons fare with the power of other dark dragons such as Peludas, Balaurs, etc?

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
Zodiac:

I'm more curious, is this a question for you to find a companion who is knowledgeable in every aspect of magick or perhaps you can't tell which race of Dragon you're more drawn to and want a better idea of their abilities? Because as big as the Multiverse is, it depends on the being and their personality.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This shouldn't become a list of 'the top 10 most powerful anime character'. Just like the others said, it depends on the individual and the inherent abilities of their race. I know this isn't helpful but it seems rather disrespectful to compare their strength like in a video game. The word 'power' itself isn't very precise. There are Dragons, who do great in more than one area but another Dragon might be even more suitable for one of the specific areas.

AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep

My Asian dragon djinn shifter I notice is very strong but my other dragons manifest when they want and everyone specializes in diff things so one wouldn’t be lesser than the other everyone is just deifferent but equal in their talents and precense. So for what one can’t do the other makes up for in something else I guess would be how to put it. *thinking face* regardless dragons are awesome: )

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~

Return to “Dragons”