Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 12651
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm
You are...: experienced

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby Noctua » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:28 am

Hell I've done yoga after a couple glasses of wine and it seemed to be amazing. I was extra flexy. Also great for erotically-centered meditation.
Keep in mind all drinks have a slightly different affect on the senses. Some may blur things, some make you more sensual and uninhibited, others in moderation bring perfect lucidity - such as absinthe.

I don't begrudge anyone who is not resonating with the camp of allowing herbal use or alcohol into their spiritual practices, as we all operate differently and respond to different things in different ways, for we are all on unique paths.
My own general statement on this is: it's something of ancient relevance which can still be relevant today in your practice if you're operating from that sacred mindset, but this means don't overdo it (there are a few exceptions where you're already channeling and you can't help but to overdo it because the spirit or deity is opting to partake, lol, seriously) and don't rely on it as a crutch if it does something for you because that's not the intention.

So I am going to say the only way you can know for yourself is by trying it.



User avatar
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 pm
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 53
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby SilverElf » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Noctua wrote: Keep in mind all drinks have a slightly different affect on the senses. Some may blur things, some make you more sensual and uninhibited, others in moderation bring perfect lucidity - such as absinthe.


Hmm, I've been curious to try absinthe for some time. 1tk Is there a particular brand you recommend?


"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki

User avatar
Annabelle
new here
new here
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:58 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Leviathan
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demoness
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Annabelle

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Zero wrote:
Annabelle wrote:shadow work is strongly recommended


Hi Annabelle,

I've seen yous make this statement before, and I'd like to recommend that shadow work is not going to be the answer to everything and will not be a cure all to what hinders you.

Zero~

To the OP,

Drunk meditation, I've done it. Recommend it? Eh. Gonna tell you never do it yourself? Nah, you do you.

I think this is just a subjective practice, so, your mileage may vary.


Well, using anything what could fog your mind isn't very clever in spiritual work imo. Mind can trick us even if not foggy. ;)



User avatar
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Posts: 2469
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 pm
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 27
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby Alys-RaccoonReadings » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:39 pm

I think the key take-aways here would be (1) the sacred mindset mentioned by Noc and (2) *extreme* vigilance in avoiding self-medication of your "own self or feelings," to use the wording of the OP.



Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 12651
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm
You are...: experienced

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby Noctua » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 pm

SilverElf wrote:Hmm, I've been curious to try absinthe for some time. 1tk Is there a particular brand you recommend?


Yes, anything under the 'Jade absinthes' line (the best in my opinion being Jade Terminus Oxygenee), will be a nice experience; as well as a beauty called 'La Clandestine' which is a bit more ethereal. These are great quality and sum up the essence of what absinthe should be, while approachable enough for the beginner (in my opinion).
There are some fine ones besides this that I enjoy but wouldn't recommend to someone trying it for the first time, as they are more intense or don't fit the expected flavour profile.

Depending on where you're located you may not have immediate access to the best ones, or be able to have them shipped.. but you can look into that. And yes they can be a bit pricy, but if it's good quality then it's well worth it.



User avatar
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Posts: 989
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:17 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby Dragonoake » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Years ago, before I had good control over my empathy, I used to have a few beers to shut it down when it got to me too much; so no, I never drink before doing magickal work

Others have told me it helps to have a few drinks to loose things up, so YMMV

If everybody reacted the same, there would only need to be twelve drugs on the market instead of twelve thousand


Image

User avatar
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 pm
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 53
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising

Re: Very tiny percentages of alcohol in meditation?

Postby SilverElf » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Noctua wrote:
SilverElf wrote:Hmm, I've been curious to try absinthe for some time. 1tk Is there a particular brand you recommend?


Yes, anything under the 'Jade absinthes' line (the best in my opinion being Jade Terminus Oxygenee), will be a nice experience; as well as a beauty called 'La Clandestine' which is a bit more ethereal. These are great quality and sum up the essence of what absinthe should be, while approachable enough for the beginner (in my opinion).
There are some fine ones besides this that I enjoy but wouldn't recommend to someone trying it for the first time, as they are more intense or don't fit the expected flavour profile.

Depending on where you're located you may not have immediate access to the best ones, or be able to have them shipped.. but you can look into that. And yes they can be a bit pricy, but if it's good quality then it's well worth it.


Thanks, Noctua!


"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki


Return to “Meditation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests