new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi everyone! Hey, I was just curious, has anyone here ever used Thai magic when gambling? I have noticed that the Thai sellers have a boatload of monk-blessed magic amulets specifically for gambling. Since gambling seems to be really popular in Asia, you would think that their magic would bring great results. I think I read somewhere that Thai amulets will not work for women. Also, some of their amulets contain human/animal remains, I am getting a black magic feel to some of it. So, if you guys have any luck using amulets with Thai or Eastern magic, please post your experiences! Thanks guys! -J- 2cl

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I hope you get some replies from people who have experiences but...do Thai monks approve of gambling, or are they perhaps good luck blessings that are being sold for gambling? And do Thai monks really use human remains in their amulets? (I know a bit about Tibetan Buddhist Chöd and the occasional historic use of human bones as ritual objects in carefully prescribed circumstances in Tibetan Buddhism)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thai magick is usually darker in nature but it's not entirely black magic nor dealing with Human remains (nowadays they don't use them anymore). You probably meant Kuman Thongs. There are some topics about Thai amulets, just use the forum searchbar.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

There are literally hundreds more Thai amulets/spirits than just kuman thongs. Some work only for a specific class of people, others work for basically everyone. It depends on the amulet. I would start researching hardcore ... if you're looking for something that's in English and more accessible to a westerner, Peter Jenx just published a huge book called "Thai Sorcery". Unseen Seraph has an interview with him on her website.

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Interesting thread.

:@
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

You have to be very careful when purchasing Thai amulets online... especially on eBay. Due to the rising popularity of Thai magickal pieces, there are a lot of fake sellers out there. That makes a lot of the amulets either useless or dangerous.

I have been a "collector" ( I really don't like that word, however, since it isn't a "hobby" to see what I can "add to my stash". ) of Thai magickal talismans for a few years. There is only one seller of these that I trust 100%. I can't really provide his name or a site link here. He has written THE most thorough book on "The Thai Occult" that is available. It is almost out of print, and will not be re-printed. It is supported by the Ajarns (lay magickal practitioners, who create the amulets... many of whom used to be monks. Monk practitioners cannot perform magick for females; but, the lay practitioners can. But, beware! Because Thai magick is currently so popular, and spreading in the western world, there are a lot of charlatans out there calling themselves "ajarn". A true ajarn must spend years with a master, and be trained thoroughly in the art of Thai magick.

Thai amulets usually are broken into 3 main categories:
1) Prai - Amulets that use human corpse (or other animal) tissues, and are highly active. They require daily offerings and the chanting of a kata.
2) Deities - Amulets that use Prai, a takrut (yantra or spell), lightning wood, and a few other items to connect with the power and magick of Thai, Burmese, etc, deities such as Phra Ngang.
3) Chin Athan - Amulets that contain something supernatural in nature. Could be prai, mala beads spelled with special oils and magick, etc.

I do not have a Kuman Thong amulet, though the ones from the seller I use are safe and legitimate. My best friend, however, does.... and has had great success with it.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Jozett
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Wow, Aeryn, thank you so much for your post, it is really informative. There is a lot more to Thai magic than just amulets. You really do have to be careful of who you buy from. And thank you to everyone else who responded as well. -J-

Return to “General Questions”