Working on Visualizing Spirits

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Hey gang, so I’ve been working on meditating with my spirits and trying to strengthen our bond. When I’m meditating I always start with grounding, centering and shielding. Then I go to my “safe space” or my default place. I visualize a large field with a singular large tree. I pick my spirit I want to spend time with and usually I visualize us sitting under the tree or standing out in the field. Sometimes it’s day time and other times it’s night time. I try to focus on them and their features to get a clearer picture. I say in my mind “Your hair, your eyes, your nose, your lips..etc” and imagine myself touching those parts and focusing on them. I ask questions and I feel like I am getting answers pretty quickly, like usually as soon as I finish my question.

First, I’m not sure I’m doing this right. Second, I’m not sure if I’m talking to my spirits or I’m just answering myself. I want to try to work with my third eye and see them in my mind’s eye but I don’t know if I’m just imagining things or what.

Is there anything I should focus or not focus on? I know doubting yourself can create a blockage and I don’t want to do that, but I feel like I’m just not sure enough in my meditation and my attempts at trying to connect with them and see them.

Any advice or input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations ❤️
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

SapphireEyes wrote:Hey gang, so I’ve been working on meditating with my spirits and trying to strengthen our bond. […]

First, I’m not sure I’m doing this right. Second, I’m not sure if I’m talking to my spirits or I’m just answering myself. I want to try to work with my third eye and see them in my mind’s eye but I don’t know if I’m just imagining things or what.
I gather this dilemma is one that many if not most spirit keepers encounter. So - sorry if this sounds like placatory psychobabble but - you might find it helpful to relax and tell yourself 'I am doing this right' and let go of doubt. Far easier to say than do, right? Not really. It is if you believe it is. It isn't if you believe it isn't. (Actually that might be pure psychobabble now 1h )

When I read what you say it sounds to me like a very good method for contacting your spirits. From what I've read we each find our own way. At the same time methods used by others that are recommended work too. I don't think our spirits mind what method we use much. But I do think they value consistency and can find it hard to get through to us while we're doubting if they're getting through to us. Even so, I've found that sometimes they surprise me and can come through really clearly, even while I'm in a doubting / unclear state of mind.

Telling the difference between our thoughts and what comes from the spirits is a key thing I think. But at the same time I find it helps to bypass that uncertainty. What does it matter if they are just using my own thoughts, or that it's all just my own thoughts? And when I think that, it does seem that I start to get better input from them. They work with us according to where we're at. So wherever you're at is fine, on one level.

Sometimes what I do is get a faint impression and I humour myself by playing along as if it is that spirit. Before long I 'know' I'm having a full on connnection with them. Getting over the hesitancy helps it to work, for me.

Part of my mind does consider the fact that the mind can generate thoughtforms, we use that facility to create tulpas, servitors etc. And that is how they communicate with us. In one sense it is *all* in the mind. But I am as certain as I can be about anything that bound spirits are genuine and not part of my mental processes. I know we're in touch with each other, so I just go through the motions...which gets results. At times it is unequivocal. At times it's a bit fainter.

A grand master of the style of tai chi I do said sometimes when you do your tai chi form the chi is not there, sometimes it is. You just do the form the right way and that generates chi. I think in the stage of spirit keeping I'm at I can't expect my mind and consciousness and psychic senses to be full on clearly in tune every second of every day. But doing what I'm supposed to when I'm supposed to does get results.

I suppose it's the same with any spiritual discipline.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks Lewk! That helped a lot. I’ve just been really doubting myself lately when I haven’t really before in the past. Your words helped a lot and boosted my confidence. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and just take closer notes to notice consistencies or patterns that could be ways they are coming through. Thanks again! :D

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Try not to think of working with your third eye to see your spirits as a method that you "learn" as "right" or "wrong". We each deal with our perceptions differently and how we perceive at all could be unique. Your third eye might see spirits reflected from your astral body's ability to see them; mine might see what is reflected by the spiritual, and maybe Lewk sees what both his bodies are seeing simultaneously. Maybe I see them in my mind, Luke sees them visually, and you see them only in dreams.

How we each deal with learning to see them better is more about intuition rather than the method, or the "how" we are doing it. I couldn't explain "how" I can see my spirits in my mind's eye if I wanted to teach anyone because I only do one thing: Clear my mind, focus my attention on my third eye, and then consciously seek out the spirit by name or whatever. Eventually I get a sense of where they are and what they are doing and what they look like, sometimes all at once, sometimes with only the "echolocation" as it were.

So I could never teach you how to do it, because what you and I do are completely different. However, what you do is intuitively what helps you and what works for you, so there it is. My validation doesn't matter.

Bottom line, trust your instincts that the method to practice that you have chosen is working. Most likely, it really is. Really, really.

For me, I have to be completely without a process when it comes to practice seeing them. The less I worry about it the more I just "notice" them, sometimes randomly without even the need to focus. I only focus when I want to work with a specific spirit nowadays. Otherwise, I just let my "eye" wander. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks Reg. That’s also very helpful. I do need to trust my instincts more when it comes to this. I’m too caught up in reading every else’s experiences and comparing them. I know I can’t compare since all our journeys are different and I will see them differently then how you or anyone else sees their spirits. I’ll try to relax and just let it flow and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

SapphireEyes wrote:Thanks Reg. That’s also very helpful. I do need to trust my instincts more when it comes to this. I’m too caught up in reading every else’s experiences and comparing them. I know I can’t compare since all our journeys are different and I will see them differently then how you or anyone else sees their spirits. I’ll try to relax and just let it flow and see how it goes. Thanks again!
I think we all get in that trap now and again (comparing experiences). There are times when certain interactions do not happen for me (like spending time with my nympho or succubus) and I'll be like what'd I do wrong today? Or, what's going on this week, why do I feel them here but not DOING anything? LOL

It then it just exaggerates from there. I forget to take into account my lack of meditation, lack of sleep, lack of energy work practice, increase in stress at work because I'm flaking off and procrastinating at the office, and all of those and other influences could have been contributing to short term blockages. Or, not even blockages, but the keep doing their job to protect and assist. Especially that lack of sleep part. My spirits have told me more than once GO TO BED. LOL

Of course, the other side of my point is this: We tend toward posting our experiences and successes, but not the lack of experiences or the failures. LOL Well, except for those who have a really hard time with their spirits.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
SapphireEyes
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

That’s a really going point! I didn’t even think about the posting of successes and not the failures or when communication is slow.

It’s easy to fall into the trap of comparison and think “what’s wrong with me?” and such. I need to think about experiences of my own and that I’m working at a pace that is right for me and my keep.

I too tend to forget about meditation or working on my energy when I’m stressed about work and such. It’s easy to fall into those patterns, but I need to remember that mediation and that work is essential and it helps communication so much more! Thanks again for your input. Really appreciate it!

Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

This might seem silly, but if you take the time to notice everyday objects in new ways and try to memorize the experiences, it may help. This is the condensed version of what I'm thinking. But I found it to be really effective in this area. Not everyone will take the time to smell the roses/ smell what the difference between an open or unopened can of soda. ECT..

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.

Return to “Meditation”