Succubus/incubus for a gay guy?

Scourge
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hello! I'm interested in getting a ubi spirit and as the title would suggest, I am a gay guy. So, I have some questions that the average person might not have.

First, do I get an Incubus or a Succubus? The obvious answer would be Incubus, but I read somewhere that the terms were more indicative of top/bottom sexual preferences rather than gender, so I wanted to clarify on that.

Second, can spirits have sexual orientations and sexual preferences? Does that kind of thing even matter to them?

Thanks!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi Scourge - one of my succubus spirits taught me an interesting lesson this weekend, which was that "form" does not matter when it comes to the pleasure that they can provide. She purposely was formless to make her point, and she was still capable of kicking off multiple sensations in my body at once so that I felt as if there was more than one partner doing more than one action to different places on my body at the same time. It was like a blanket of arousal and erotic sensations. Now, she was doing this to "compete" with my other succubus, but that's beside the point.

To that end, I don't think it matters beyond an Incubus is a dominantly male spirit and a succubus is a dominantly female spirt. Meaning that which one works best for you may depend on what your preferences are - a man who is more feminine or masculine.

Or in other words, if you prefer a more feminine partner in behavior and energy, perhaps a succubus who prefers taking male forms is what you should look for. Otherwise, if you prefer a more masculine partner in behavior and energy, go with an incubus.

Of course, in truth I would bet if you simply go with an incubus assuming they are "male" then you would still be matched to a spirit that would be a great fit with your energy anyways.

As far as I can tell, my succubus spirits have no qualms with sexual orientation and are very polyamorous. In fact, even many of my non-sexual spirits don't seem to have any "orientation" like we do in modern human society. Actually, some of them think it's pretty funny that we have these hang-ups.

If you decide to purchase a spirit from CH my recommendation would be to do a custom conjure and explain in the notes that you are gay and looking for a spirit that will be the best fit. A custom conjured incubus would probably be the best choice to start with, but you could even add a note that they could conjure a succubus if they think a succubus that prefers male forms would be the best fit out of any spirits that come forward. Either way, it seems to me that you would find a great match.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ubis don't care about orientation. They are a very sexual species. I'd be more careful with other species but you can specify what you want (even preferences or fetishes). Just like Reg explained in detail, get an Incubus.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

I want to add that I have some sexual spirits (Vampires, Demons and Humans too! Their orientation is 'more fixed', I think.) and entities of the same sex. I haven't requested a lesbian or bisexual spirit, they just came through that way. Oy vey, they know!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Scourge wrote: Second, can spirits have sexual orientations and sexual preferences? Does that kind of thing even matter to them?
Yes, they can. And it is influenced by how their preference was when they were still alive. When they became spirits, it doesn't mean they automatically became "enlightened" and changed their orientation etc.

Try to consult with the spirits first about their preference and their attraction, as it's quite disrespectful to assume that they are sexually attracted to and always want to hanky panky with us : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I think this might help somewhat: I'm someone who identifies as a nonbinary transgender person (I see myself as neither male or female... and I used to also be on testosterone hormones too back then for a few years and stopped..my appearance has shifted a lot throughout my life but I look more I guess feminine today like my profile avatar) and I am also bisexual so I ended up going with an incubus and succubus who were not particularly set on a sexuality but just seem more sexually fluid. The succubus I chose doesn't have a preference toward men or women and that was already part of her description since she was already bound to the vessel, and I got my incubus from CH's custom conjure through a triumvirate binding, I wrote in the notes to them about my identity just in case -- I have the same suggestion as everyone else you can just write in the notes or send a message to any conjurer who does a custom conjure of an incubus to tailor it to what you desire and am looking for. c:

Also I happen to have a male nympho that preferred to go to "female keepers only".. I don't even identify as internally female but I'm okay if people gender me as "she/her/girl/woman" (ugh it sounds confusing writing it out but everyone who personally knows me gets what I mean lol) so it still worked out haha. I have a bisexual male nympho too. I even have a human male spirit that wanted to go to a "female keeper only" too and I took him in and he loves being here with me anyway. Idk I'm a trans person so in the beginning I was also trying to navigate this stuff like crazy.

And like above said yes I believe some ubi can have different 'sexualities' and whatnot, but they don't care about the orientation. There are some that are more inclined to wanting a male keeper and some that do not have a preference to who it is. I've seen Billy from ThePaganShop occasionally post up pre-conjured incubuses that want to go to a male-identified keeper only. I'm sure CH can do the same too with their custom conjures.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I'd just like to add that I thought an insightful recent comment in a similar thread usefully highlighted the distinctions between:

a) what biological sex a spirit was when alive (which I imagine can include being physically intersex);
b) what gender they identified with, or whether they had gender dysphoria when alive, or were non-binary or gender fluid etc;
c) what their sexual preference was or is;
d) whether they are capable of - and happy to do - shapeshifting to look like something, eg a sex or gender, different from their own actual one.

Giving detailed notes with the order on what your needs are is never a bad thing.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Good question, Scourge! I, too, am a gay guy. I love females... just not for sex.
When it came to bringing home my first Ubi spirit/entity several years ago, I was nervous, because I had the same concerns. But, I found out that when it comes to Ubi, it really doesn't matter so much if you have an incubus or a succubus. They can take on any form that "turns you on" and pleases you. For me, at least, the main reason I have always opted for an incubus over a succubus is the psychological aspect of male vs. female. Even though either can take on any form, I can always feel the energy of which they really are. So, an incubus always made me less "nervous" or whatever.
Other types of spirits/entities do seem to be a bit more discerning as to which they prefer, though there are quite a few that are truly pansexual in nature.
The only female spirit in my keep that one would consider to be of a sexual nature is a Cambion. She chose me in a reverse adoption. It confused me at first (I was a new keeper at the time); but, she told me that she came to me... not for sex, but for the intellectual and artistic aspects of life.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
marquest
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know yet
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know yet

Scourge wrote: First, do I get an Incubus or a Succubus? The obvious answer would be Incubus, but I read somewhere that the terms were more indicative of top/bottom sexual preferences rather than gender, so I wanted to clarify on that.
My two Succubi often like to be on top and in control of our intimate time together. But, they are extremely feminine, energywise, and just know how to seduce me. So, Succubi can have dominant personality traits to go along with their feminine energy.

I would imagine an Incubus would have masculine energy. One thing you could do, is get both an Incubus and a Succubus. If you get the bindings at the same time, they would come to you as a couple.

Besides, if he wants a dominant succubus he can deal with a dominant Noc coming in to tell it like it is, I am sure.
~Noctifera
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Magnolia wrote a wonderful post on the topic:

topic61585.html