Binaural Beats vs Earphones vs Sleeping Question

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
SirJusty
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not Human(No Offense
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I Have No Clue
Zodiac:

Is it safe to wear earphones (earbuds) while sleeping? I want use my phone for binaural beats. (Try OBE if it possible, I’m clueless lol) I’m always a stomach sleeper. I don’t use pillows while sleeping. (I dislike sleeping on pillows) I’m just more worried if I’ll choke myself somehow. I mean I could tape my phone and earphones down. Just prefer not to unless if it necessary. Also if it is truly possible. What is recommended binaural beat for OBE?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Earbuds are my choice for listening in my sleep. So far I have made it to my forties without choking myself. I do tend to go through more pairs of earbuds than I should. Those things are more fragile than you are. You will notice that the left or right ear stops working after a time. Buy spares.

One of these days I want to try wireless blue tooth earbuds. I just don't want to pay so much for them. And I don't want to worry about recharging them all the time.

Isochronics are a good choice. Skip the headphones entirely and just play them at a comfortable volume on speakers.

As for the specifics of what MP3 to listen to, I wish I knew. We all respond best to different things.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you’re using earbuds, be mindful of the volume. Don’t make it too loud. A whole night of too-loud music or binaural beats, being fed directly into your ears, can damage your hearing.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

A warning to keep the volume down? Interesting. I thought you were going to point out that you have binaurals and isochronics for sale in your online store and maybe highlight the ones that are most likely to get the job done.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

It’s not cool to self-promote in an advice-seeking thread, lol. (Not to mention, the rules would preclude it outside the Seller sections of the forum.)

Having said all that, when looking for listening material, consider isochronic tones as well. Some folks prefer those over binaural beats, and I can understand why. If one earbud comes loose during sleep, the listener would immediately lose the binaural effect. Isochronic tones have the pulsing effect in both ears, so if one earbud comes loose, the pulses would still be audible.

I don’t know of any binaural OR isochronic sources that are specifically for APing. I might have an app on my phone that does isochronic tones, though. I will check and see if it survived the “iOS 11 upgrade breaks 32-bit apps” purge.

I can tell you one of my own personal AP tricks, though it’s not of the “do this overnight during sleep” variety. I’m on a few FB groups that have coordinated astral broom rides. At the appointed time, I play wind sounds and sit in front of the little USB fan on my desk. It’s a psychological boost to what I’m doing, and though it might sound corny, in practice it’s surprisingly effective. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

There’s an iOS app simply labeled “isochronic” on my phone, but it appears to be a DIY app where you choose the carrier tone and beat rate. That’s not the app I was thinking of, though. I’ll keep looking.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Here we go. I found an old post of mine while searching for info. MyNoise.net has an associated app, which I do have on my phone.

Coulda sworn there was at least one site with an isochronic collection, though. Iso-tones.com appears to have bitten the dust, sad to say.

SirJusty
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Hi you 2, thanks for the advice you gave.at this time I’m unable to not ignore using earphones where I currently at. I unsure if I’ll be able to not use just my phone volume after I move. Trying find place currently but hard. I know I’ll be having roommates, in which I’m looking for to. I have tried using my earphones to. They not work. Woke up with my earphones in my right hand. Didn’t realize I took em off. Kind of creepy. I’ll look at those beats/isochronic as well. Many thanks :)

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I actually have a hard time sleeping with any noise going on in earbuds. Even at the lowest volumes. All it does is keep me awake. LOL

I actually experienced some spontaneous OBE this morning several times in a row. Popped out of my body for look-see and then was popped back into my body and fully conscious. Then again, for a longer period, tried leaving the room and boom, was back. Then again for even longer, left the room, crossed the hall, and boom, was back again. LOL

No idea HOW I was doing it, just that it was happening. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
SirJusty
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:I actually have a hard time sleeping with any noise going on in earbuds. Even at the lowest volumes. All it does is keep me awake. LOL

I actually experienced some spontaneous OBE this morning several times in a row. Popped out of my body for look-see and then was popped back into my body and fully conscious. Then again, for a longer period, tried leaving the room and boom, was back. Then again for even longer, left the room, crossed the hall, and boom, was back again. LOL

No idea HOW I was doing it, just that it was happening. LOL
I’m jealous that your very lucky to get OBE. It’s good kind of jealous lol. I’m happy for you though :) you say you don’t know how it started with your OBE. I wonder if there some other ways that not intended? I feel I should earn my way in for OBE.

As well as testing if it’s actually right time for OBE with other tools. I feel I’m more schooled in divination instead of OBE. Meaning I’m some how very good with visions according to ch. that for example divination to me is like a seer, toothsayer, Oracle and etc. I’m using divination purposely as an example.

I haven’t pushed myself at divination. But I feel divination is more easier than OBE for me. I could also mention I feel transformation. Once I do have OBE someday and astral project. That transformation maybe more easier for me than OBE.

It’s just a gut feeling, but my feelings could be wrong. Just like vision s for example. But going back to OBE. I wonder if there something else you did without knowing. I wonder at same time. I must’ve to not like having earbuds while I sleep. Due to me waking up, with earphones off in my hand. Thanks for help and advice to :) good luck with your OBE to.

Return to “Meditation”