You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Does anyone have any experience with this hybrid race? Not the DND version though lol.

As I understand it (according to the conjurer I'm working with) a Tiefling is half Faerie (can be be most any race of Fae but the naturally human sized Faeries are the most common) and half demon (again, could be most any race of demon though some races refuse to mix their blood with anyone not of their kind).

My companion in particular is a mix of an Abyssal Demon father and a Water Nymph mother. I'm still waiting on his binding so I don't know much more about him yet.
Was just curious if anyone else keeps a Tiefling in the family and if so what sort of mix they are and what they're like? I'd never even heard of the Tiefling until I got a calling from this guy!

Blackcat415
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Were wolf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Idk
Zodiac:

How'd that spirit turn out for you?

Just sharpened my claws. Now i'm bored...

When I speak I speak from experience. Not from theory. Not from what I'm told.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I'm curious as well, considering the word "Tiefling" seems to originate from D&D and the author made it up as a derivation of a German word, although there seems to be some disagreement about which word they derived it from - one meaning "devil" or one meaning "deep". The name seems to be used for convenience and popularity rather than to be true to the spirit that was conjured, although it does fit from its D&D meaning.

My only concern would be that the spirit conjured may not be a true hybrid as stated, and is actually something entirely different, just from the word adopted to define and describe the spirit. I wish practitioners wouldn't resort to adopting purely fictional words used in a fictional context (in this case a race of beings in a game setting for roleplaying) to describe real spirit races.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

My Tiefling is wonderful. Apparently the conjurer choose the title of Tiefling to reference to any Demon/Fae hybrids because these beings are quite similar to the DND characters but had no cohesive name of their own (being referred to only by their parent species mix). You have to admit it's pretty pithy!

Anyway, I love my Tiefling and he is most definitely a hybrid of exactly what the conjurer said he is! He's told me so himself and has even shown me around a small bit of the Fae realm where he grew up (in dreams).

His energy is dark, but not heavy. He's mischievous and beautiful and a strong Spirit of protection and vengeance Magick as well as a very sensual and loyal companion. He likes to communicate through dreams and type channeling and green flashes out of the corner of the eye.

So I'd definitely say he's worked out splendidly! I love him so much.

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 35
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Thanks for the feedback denanna! That is awesome, and pretty funny that the race name just sort of worked out well to describe the spirit. I'm glad it was not the case of just selling a name that was popular from a game - that would have been a complete unethical travesty!

It sounds like a very interesting spirit. I know of a similar feeling spirit near me, but I don't believe it to be a hybrid. I'm still gathering some help looking into it, but I feel pretty strongly I've identified it. Yours sounds like a very good spirit to have around, indeed!

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Thanks for the feedback denanna! That is awesome, and pretty funny that the race name just sort of worked out well to describe the spirit. I'm glad it was not the case of just selling a name that was popular from a game - that would have been a complete unethical travesty!

It sounds like a very interesting spirit. I know of a similar feeling spirit near me, but I don't believe it to be a hybrid. I'm still gathering some help looking into it, but I feel pretty strongly I've identified it. Yours sounds like a very good spirit to have around, indeed!
Interesting! I'd love to know what sort of Spirit it is once you have them positively identified and if it is indeed the type of Spirit you believe it to be right now.

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James

Return to “Dark Arts”