new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dreamweaver
My magical/paranormal name...: Veritas Mirrorwing

How do you, if you do, astral project?
Do you do it while you're awake? Or asleep?
What is your strongest sense, for perceiving the dimension?
What purpose do you have, in going there?
Do you treat other realms as you would respect a wildlife preserve? Is it more natural, like a tourist in another city?
Do you feel it would be detrimental, if it was to become a widespread human thing to do, to transverse and be able to perceive the astral world?

Let me know your thoughts.

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on."

"Can one consider controversy without falling into it?"
... . .- .-. -.-. .... .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / - .-. ..- - .... / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / .... .- ... / -. --- - / -... . . -. / ..-. --- ..- -. -..
"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for."
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Mirrorwing wrote:Do you feel it would be detrimental, if it was to become a widespread human thing to do, to transverse and be able to perceive the astral world?

I think all humans - and any animals that dream - already interact with the astral / shamanic. We forget most of it. It's not just visiting realms (as in classic 'travel' to exotic landscapes, populated by strange beings). There are astral classes. Dream locations. And so on.

If humans had astral perception imposed on them suddenly against their will while awake I'd imagine they'd freak out. It'd be worse than everyone being spiked with an hallucinogen like LSD. And if they had no control over it, even when driving or operating heavy machinery or crossing the road, yes it could be very detrimental.

There are many ways and reasons to be in the astral / shamanic. I don't think of myself as an expert. I'll compartmentalise and use different methods for different purposes. So I use a leaving-my-body 'projection' type method while in deep relaxation for visiting different levels on the astral, where there are astral beings (astral 'travel'). For a psychic healing I'll use that system's method of moving gradually from the center of my head over to the patient and heal them from inside their aura, while in light trance. I might set my intention just before bed to attend an astral class while I'm asleep. Another method to meet a shamanic guide while asleep... and so on. Hope that helps.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:If humans had astral perception imposed on them suddenly against their will while awake I'd imagine they'd freak out. It'd be worse than everyone being spiked with an hallucinogen like LSD. And if they had no control over it, even when driving or operating heavy machinery or crossing the road, yes it could be very detrimental.
This. One of my friends knows someone who had their third eye ripped open against their will. Trauma levels were VERY HIGH.

Mirrorwing
new here
new here

Interesting responses, I appreciate them.
However, I did intend by my question, to pose as if it became the next "trend." Or it became an accepted practice, as such other things, like some common religions are.
That is more what I am referring to.

... . .- .-. -.-. .... .. -. --. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / - .-. ..- - .... / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / .... .- ... / -. --- - / -... . . -. / ..-. --- ..- -. -..
"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for."
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Mirrorwing wrote:Interesting responses, I appreciate them.
However, I did intend by my question, to pose as if it became the next "trend." Or it became an accepted practice, as such other things, like some common religions are.
That is more what I am referring to.
It is an interesting topic. Thanks for creating it.

I can only go in the direction my thoughts usually tend to follow, which is taking me back to prehistory. This is pure speculation. Others might think very differently.

Books or tv programmes I've read that follow anthropologists or archaeologists orthodox academic thinking tend to assume that during the long shamanic millennia in the ice ages the Shamans were special individuals who had a leadership role of some kind in their clan. Most of the rest of the clan was busy with the hard work of tasks related to day to day survival. This comes across as a kind of priest and congregation role.

But it's also safe to assume, due to surviving examples of clans or tribes of people living this way in modern times, that many humans throughout prehistory have lived closer to the spirits, including ancestors, and have had a personal relationship with them. Their Shamans may have had extra abilities to help their clan but clan members also were linked to the spirit world in daily life and might today have all been regarded as mediums or practitioners of magic.

tl:dr I'm not sure exactly when people started thinking of it being 'the astral' instead of the shamanic otherworld(s) but basically I'm willing to bet that at some time in the far prehistoric past it *was* the trend for humans on this planet to be open to the astral (I mean the spirit world) during day to day life. And it was more open to them and this world then.

(That's not certain but it's certainly possible.)

I think you might come back and say that's not what you mean so, sorry, I know it probably isn't but this is where my thinking is taking me: what if what you're thinking about has in a way already happened and is part of our past?

For me, apart from a movie fiction scenario dreamed up by imaginative writers, the only way we're likely to come anywhere close to the scenario you're thinking of is if it becomes the trend for the majority of humans to live like our distant ancestors did. Given there are so many more humans now, there might be some interesting side effects of such an intense vibe.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Mirrorwing
new here
new here

That would be almost exactly what I mean. Astral Projection, and knowledge thereof, becoming a new "trend" that sticks around.
As for the likihood of it occurring, I very much doubt many of us would look to, if not already involved... Modern religion is becoming less frequent itself.
Aside from a small part of the population, like us, I do doubt that many people would turn over to these concepts, when the average person has so firmly denounced some of them.

But, it is a hypothetical.. How would it affect all of us, if it became "trendy"? Would it be positive, or negative?
Much thought to be had.

CJDS
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

From what I've gathered, the idea is to 'keep awake (of conscience) while (body is) sleeping'
Easier said then done.....been trying to do it but never succeeded, It's even almost impossible to realize that you're in dream (or maybe because how amateur I am)

Idea of visiting and exploring the other unknown realms is always tempting, but many said its pretty dangerous to do it without proper protection/knowledge.

Experience speaking, on how hard to do this, personally I don't think this can be a new trend, at least among common folks. And bet spirit keepers have better things to do rather than sight seeing the other realms.

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Mirrorwing wrote:How do you, if you do, astral project?
Do you do it while you're awake? Or asleep?
What is your strongest sense, for perceiving the dimension?
What purpose do you have, in going there?
Do you treat other realms as you would respect a wildlife preserve? Is it more natural, like a tourist in another city?
Do you feel it would be detrimental, if it was to become a widespread human thing to do, to transverse and be able to perceive the astral world?

Let me know your thoughts.
I etheric project, I do partial which is where I’m aware of my physical surroundings but also aware of my projection surroundings. Often times the visuals overlay. I also project to the Norse worlds which I group with etheric mainly because it’s not astral but it’s also not exactly etheric but it’s linked to it.

No, there’s hostile aspects of the etheric that are a bit more “real” than astral/mental (I view the astral the mental plane and that we project there just like other beings but the actual plane is just home to thoughtforms and people’s imagination but we all that are living beings go there for whatever reason) So while I am cautious I do respect the beings and people I come across.

I think it would be for people not for the plane itself, because a lot of people that have tend to wander into territory they didn’t know was owned or they take their ideologies with them and forget they should probably focus on honing their own skill so they can defend themselves because human morals here don’t matter much to the humans and other beings morals there of course there’s some similarities. That and people think they can go anywhere and everywhere without permission which for example Norse worlds most can’t get into Asgard without Odin’s permission or without a focal point in case of the outer worlds like muspellheim and so forth so they did into delusions that they can just will themselves into it which in turn causes a lot of mess for the area they’re actually in or their own energy body.

I personally project there because while I have family and obligations here I also have family and obligations there. The Norse pantheon is a big part of my spiritual life because long before this life they were my family, though I also project to the void/Ginnungagap. However that’s just because it doesn’t have a detrimental effect on my energy body due to in soul not being the usual human multispectral.

My strongest sense there is sight, however when I read or soul dive someone to tell them their energy’s element, their soul form (otherkin or not) etc my strongest aren’t either but equal I can feel, see, smell, hear, and taste (though I avoid doing this) their energy and tell them what their soul landscape looks like, this is almost like a manifested pocket realm for the person to view their own Akashic records within their soul or even find what their true self looks like. So it’s a form of projection.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”