Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Blackcat415 wrote:I wonder how many work with immortals based on their job. Personally i work with underworld deities. Hel, hades, Lucifer, and anubis even though he's not exactly the same.
Anyone else do that?
Is your job death-y? Just out of curiosity given the comment.

Blackcat415
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Were wolf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Idk
Zodiac:

No I meant the immortals job

Just sharpened my claws. Now i'm bored...

When I speak I speak from experience. Not from theory. Not from what I'm told.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Blackcat415 wrote:No I meant the immortals job
Oh! Then I have a “Yes, sort of.” I’ve found myself drawn to Goddesses that are mothers. Asset and Demeter have a particularly big pull to me.

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

One of the big draws for Bast and Freya, for me, is that they are both connected with cats. I absolutely adore cats of all sizes.

Athena and Djehuty (Thoth) are both attractive to me because they are bookish, intellectual, and smart, and I'm a giant nerd who loves research.

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:Thanks so much, Lewk! Your posts are always filled with such great information.

I'd like to know more about the different methods you use; they obviously work. If you can tell me, that is. :)
Thank you 1ak

I guess it's a 'gnosis' method, as opposed to ritualistic or ceremonial. I 'grok' or commune. The first method I learned was Murry Hope's Practical Greek Magic (in around 1985). I came across it in my local library would you believe? I have a very open-minded librarian to thank for that.

It's done in meditation, using the system's symbols and associations after finding which is your tutelary deity and adopting a hero's name, you get mind-to-energy-field-of-god-consciousness teaching or help. It's got to be quite a common method I would think. The very experienced author, an occult spiritualist, has set up the system, presumably with the help of her spirits and deities, and it's all ready to go and access. At least that's way I see it. She built in safeguards and I think when you follow her steps you access the pantheon's energies safely. (Having said that, I also have her psychic defence book, which again leads you to find psychic protection symbols. One of her sayings for magic novices I like is that going to look for magic is like looking for a gas leak with a lit match.)

I have to add, after my initial contact via this, I started reading the history of mythology to get to know the gods and goddesses better. I got Larousse's Encylopaedia of Mythology then Richard Carlyon's A Guide to the Gods. You get a feel for what each deity is like. This all gradually got me interested in history and especially the history of the development of spirituality and religion. So I agree with Alys Racoon-Readings comments about this.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Actually I'd like to contradict myself. I first learned to pray to Egyptian deities and access their energies using the same author's method for that, again involving mind to mind/energy field contact, using symbols and associations. This was a version of the Ennead of Heliopolis (Osiris, Isis, Horus, Bast, Nepthys, Thoth mainly). Set wasn't prayed to but was included in a set of 25 oracle cards called Cartouche, to which were added others from the Ennead, the 4 elements and other Egyptian symbols. And there were sets of Cards with the deities' symbols and mantras to meditate with and access the energies' help.

In terms of whether these methods worked - yes, in terms of accessing the deities' energies and for help for things like protection, love, money, health etc.

But each to their own path...

find it again.
SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I'm going to have to check out the book you mentioned; it sounds worth a very slow, focused reading.

Thank you so much!

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:I'm going to have to check out the book you mentioned; it sounds worth a very slow, focused reading.

Thank you so much!
You're welcome 1ak

find it again.

Return to “Immortals”