Kinetic Abilities, What do we know?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

I'm not ready to set up a camera, but I have finally gotten a couple spins on my practice object. The most important thing is getting in the right frame of mind and then it is like the object moves on its own. One of the things I keep reading is that moving objects is one of the easiest skills to learn and then it can develop into other types of skill. It has been something I have tried off and on over the decades and until last year nothing worked. My object didn't move. Now it does, even under glass. High heart rate variability seems to be the best way to get in the right frame of mine. Breathing in and out through your heart and bringing to mind memories that give love and joy are ways of making this happen. Slowing your breathing and equalizing inhalation with exhalation is another approach. So you have your practice object and you are creating the right frame of mind. But what you need most is something to do while nothing is happening.

AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 52
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hahaha understandable but that is really cool : ) !

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)
3 spirit guides,DionysisDelinquent(A)ElementalDemon(A)

~Knowledge is at my fingertips~
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Kitsune wrote:topic54144.html?hilit=Kinesis

There's a lot of good info in the forums about kinesis and kinetic abilities. Raven's explanations in this thread is one of the good pieces of info you can find on it.
Thanks for that thread link. That's a really good bit of info.

I read it and thought: yes, I *can* see air molecules. I thought it was because I went into that aspect of tai chi a while back (swimming in air). I got a good feel for the air around the planet then. But, thinking about it, a few years later I combined a One Point + Ki affect on matter (see Koichi Tohei's The Book of Ki) with a correspondences thing and found I could clear a rain filled sky until it was blue. I've done it again and again and again. But I need to have line of sight on the sky. It works by interacting with lots of little random events where the clouds/weather is coming over the horizon and won't work where there is no air movement.

Reading that thread has helped me make the links. I can see now that I may well have some microkinetic ability and that thing I developed uses a form of it. (Given that the Ki thing that Koichi Tohei taught in his book for influencing gaming machines is a form of kinesis, that's unsurprising.)

Thanks for posting the thread a link and helping me make the connection.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Lewk wrote:
Kitsune wrote:topic54144.html?hilit=Kinesis

There's a lot of good info in the forums about kinesis and kinetic abilities. Raven's explanations in this thread is one of the good pieces of info you can find on it.
Thanks for that thread link. That's a really good bit of info.

I read it and thought: yes, I *can* see air molecules. I thought it was because I went into that aspect of tai chi a while back (swimming in air). I got a good feel for the air around the planet then. But, thinking about it, a few years later I combined a One Point + Ki affect on matter (see Koichi Tohei's The Book of Ki) with a correspondences thing and found I could clear a rain filled sky until it was blue. I've done it again and again and again. But I need to have line of sight on the sky. It works by interacting with lots of little random events where the clouds/weather is coming over the horizon and won't work where there is no air movement.

Reading that thread has helped me make the links. I can see now that I may well have some microkinetic ability and that thing I developed uses a form of it. (Given that the Ki thing that Koichi Tohei taught in his book for influencing gaming machines is a form of kinesis, that's unsurprising.)

Thanks for posting the thread a link and helping me make the connection.

What do the molecules look like to you? I’m very intrigued by that. I see something in the sky but it’s like a bunch of silver little maybe specks moving around really fast and then this maybe wrappedness that looked like it’s sucking inwards. Hard to explain.

I also have experience with storms I bring them in or clear them or being nicer weather. Though I think that could just be because I have potential and or am an elemental mage? Unless the two can completing intertwined.

D(Bronwyn Angel)A(Sterling Angel)N(Merman)Y(Sanguine Vampire)D(Courtwind Angel)N(Courtwind Angel)F(Fallow Dragon)H(Moss Dragon)F(Gregori)D(Red Demon entity)K(custom kitsune alpha)A(Seraphim Angel entity)Z(slime girl alpha)S(micro bug girl)M(fallen angel)M(Demon-Neb Djinn) L and J(werewolves)J(Concuan)R(DemonVampire)P(Fallen angel entity)R(Succubus Queen)M(Vampire Prince)E(Incubus)D(nympho)

AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I’m very interested in specific Kinetic abilities but I’m also like let’s go crazy and do Omni Kinesis because I’m confident I can handle it. It seems like such a great way to have control of so many of your abilities and the practices sound fun

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

AriesStarChild_ wrote:What do the molecules look like to you? I’m very intrigued by that. I see something in the sky but it’s like a bunch of silver little maybe specks moving around really fast and then this maybe wrappedness that looked like it’s sucking inwards. Hard to explain.

I also have experience with storms I bring them in or clear them or being nicer weather. Though I think that could just be because I have potential and or am an elemental mage? Unless the two can completing intertwined.
I haven't really clicked with bringing rain, which is something I maybe should look at more. I don't think that would be with kinesis (for me) as it would be a lot of effort. It's much easier to see horizon to horizon and clear it.

I suppose everything varies so much from one person to another even when they are thought to be using the same technique taught by the same teacher etc.

I suppose I feel rather than see the air. There's a lot competing for my attention to be 'seen'. I get a chi field effect around me quite often, which looks like light rain or white mist in the air near me. It's quite common for people who do chi work. I guess with the weather thing none of the air is near me though.

What I've felt for a long time now is a physical sense of the air and it presence. Using the same Ki skills I mentioned, I've been able to stand up to strong winds and deflect them or calm them, handy when you're trying to sweep dust up in a yard. I need continual focus and attention for it to work. I'm thinking that line of sight interaction *may* come within the general definition of kinesis. Probably due to the involvement of that Ki method.

I used to try and control the flow of air on a bus or in a room the same way, with only slight success. There wasn't much air movement. But using the definition in that thread Kitsune posted there's a difference between macrokinesis and microkinesis. Microkinesis is more about influencing what's there.

But I've relied at other times on general magic/good luck for good weather. That may be magic / psi not kinesis.

I also used to pop a visualisation for good weather in through what I imagined as the energy meridians in the air /planet, through their time periods versions into the future for a certain time slot and place and would get the sky clearing at exactly the time pre-requested. That probably wasn't kinesis. Maybe that was closer to psi affecting random chance.

I have a weather servitor from Eclipse Metaphysical that I now use when I'm out, lazily, that does the job for me without me having to try as hard. Maybe that's a mix of the two. Not sure.

Or maybe I've got the wrong idea entirely about what kinesis is...

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Sorry I forgot to say yes I think abilities can or do get intertwined. My clearing the sky thing uses both a mind over matter thing (Ki skill) and associations (magic /psi) and I forgot to say I fill the sky with a blue energy too, which is sympathetic. So the air movement is affected but the patterned energy of the weather is enticed towards a blue sky at the same time by my intentions, which are supported by the associations I use, that mean something to me, as regards clearing the sky, blue sky, blue etc.

Air and rain are 'elements', but I suppose using elemental energy (water, earth air or fire) is different again.

find it again.
AriesStarChild_
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Awesome : )! I hoe things continue to progress for you. I do a lot of energy work and healing etc etc but hearing everyone’s words makes me even more excited to try my hand at these types of works as well. Thank you so much for you replies!

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: I read it and thought: yes, I *can* see air molecules.
It is impossible for me to say what it is you are experiencing, but I can look up the smallest things a person with good sight can resolve with their eyes. It goes down to 0.04 mm. Air consists mainly of nitrogen (300 pm) and oxygen (292 pm). These days I need reading glasses, so my vision is not what it used to be. So let's say yours is good. That still means something has to be 40,000,000 pm for you to see it, and you wrote that you were looking at something 300 pm wide. Your words.

Maybe there is a better way for you to describe what you experienced?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:
Lewk wrote: I read it and thought: yes, I *can* see air molecules.
It is impossible for me to say what it is you are experiencing, but I can look up the smallest things a person with good sight can resolve with their eyes. It goes down to 0.04 mm. Air consists mainly of nitrogen (300 pm) and oxygen (292 pm). These days I need reading glasses, so my vision is not what it used to be. So let's say yours is good. That still means something has to be 40,000,000 pm for you to see it, and you wrote that you were looking at something 300 pm wide. Your words.

Maybe there is a better way for you to describe what you experienced?
I think you might need to read the thread Kitsune posted a link to earlier in this thread to make sense of my comment on it. It makes no sense outside of that context.

find it again.

Return to “General Questions”