Romanian-Haunts on E-bay

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
LER
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: AmandaThePanda
Zodiac:

Greetings everyone! Has anyone had experience with the seller 'Romanian-Haunts' on e-bay? Their item pages have customer testimonies on them, yet I have not seen them listed on the CH forum (lest they go by an alternative name). This is what they have posted in regards to themselves on their e-bay page:

"Welcome to Romanian-Haunts
A Diverse Variety of Authentic Haunted Collectables, Artifacts, Spirit Vessels and Magicals from around the world
We are a small Romanian family, with long interesting histories that include the Paranormal & Metaphysical, dating back to the 1300's. We are paranormal investigators, Wiccan practitioners, as well as avid collectors of extraordinary metaphysical treasures. Living 8 generations, just outside the Hoia Baciu Forest, in Cluj-Napoca (well known to Romanians, and has been a subject of hauntings for many hundreds of years), there has ALWAYS been a large number of spirits that have gravitated to our items, our homes and our hearts. "

They offer (as quoted):
"Metaphysical, Paranormal and Spirit Collectables, come from around the world ~ A majority from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Germany, Transylvania and Romania. My great grandfather, grandfather and father, traveled around the world investigating hauntings and sightings all their lives. "

Please feel free if you have had positive or negative experience with them, or even if you've known someone who has had experience. The CH community will appreciate any input quite much!
Thank you!

LER
new here
new here
Zodiac:

My goodness. I have noticed that I have posted this under the incorrect topic heading. It should have been placed under "eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings".
CH moderators, could you give me a hand and move it?
Should I post it again in the correct section?

Many apologies.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I've been interested in their page for quite awhile, to be honest... like for over half a year now. I'm usually put off by Ebay sellers but they've been tempting. I might possibly go through with a purchase one day, maybe - since a lot of their 'haunted dolls' are of interest to me. If so, I'll post my experience here!

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The medals of fallen soldiers are extremely interesting. I have some soldiers and I love them (not really into children yet). I still try to figure out the historical background. Their names are Chinese and Vietnamese but she used pictures of Japanese soldiers. Maybe they tried to find picture that fit their appearance.

LER
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Adrasteia wrote:The medals of fallen soldiers are extremely interesting. I have some soldiers and I love them (not really into children yet). I still try to figure out the historical background. Their names are Chinese and Vietnamese but she used pictures of Japanese soldiers. Maybe they tried to find picture that fit their appearance.
My mum saw that too and brought it to my attention, partially prompting my post on this forum. Back during WWII, the Chinese fought bitterly against the Japanese, causing me to question whether the photos the seller used are of the spirits, or just chosen to represent them. The latter is likely, causing me to wonder how the Chinese spirits in particular feel about this, as some of the warriors in the images are clearly Japanese and include Japanese war propaganda. My birth-mum is Chinese and was heavily shocked by this, as her family's memories of fleeing genocide were very frightening. The Chinese soldiers who had fallen in war, listed by the seller, would likely have been felled by the Japanese.
Additionally, the Vietnamese names have piqued my interests as well. During WWII, the Japanese likewise invaded Vietnam during their spread across Asia. Although the lessened the French colonizing powers there during their invasion, they were not very welcomed by the Vietnamese, who fought against them repeatedly in battle. (SOURCE: Sunwoo Park, History & Political Science at Emory University). It is likely that the Vietnamese soldier spirits in the listings may be offended by the Japanese soldier images there too.
What do you think of this Adrasteia (excellent observation!)? Anyone else care to chime in?

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

LazyEyedRasputin wrote: What do you think of this Adrasteia (excellent observation!)? Anyone else care to chime in?
That's exactly what I was thinking! It is indeed offensive to use pictures of Japanese soldiers for the Chinese, especially if they're from WWII (*invasion of Manchuria*). I found a site that has photos of some of those medals.

Here are two medals:

http://rustysmedals.rustyknight98.com/CH23.htm

http://rustysmedals.rustyknight98.com/CH47.htm

These are from the Korean War. I didn't manage to find them all but it's uhm a bit too inaccurate for my taste. I don't know what the spirits think of this but photos from the 1950's should be available.

I can't say if there are actual soldiers from that era bound to them but they give me a reaction. So no empty vessels, I feel.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Adrasteia wrote:
LazyEyedRasputin wrote: What do you think of this Adrasteia (excellent observation!)? Anyone else care to chime in?
That's exactly what I was thinking! It is indeed offensive to use pictures of Japanese soldiers for the Chinese, especially if they're from WWII (*invasion of Manchuria*). I found a site that has photos of some of those medals.

Here are two medals:

http://rustysmedals.rustyknight98.com/CH23.htm

http://rustysmedals.rustyknight98.com/CH47.htm

These are from the Korean War. I didn't manage to find them all but it's uhm a bit too inaccurate for my taste. I don't know what the spirits think of this but photos from the 1950's should be available.

I can't say if there are actual soldiers from that era bound to them but they give me a reaction. So no empty vessels, I feel.

I was thinking this same thing too actually. I'm mixed Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese, somewhat Okinawan. (Mostly Korean-Vietnamese and the rest is distant blood) My Korean family was directly affected by Japanese nationalists, my maternal grandparents (long deceased) were tortured by Japanese nationalists ...and so when I first saw those listings months ago I recognized that the soldiers represented in the images were different and not reflective of who they are. Not sure if the seller was just grabbing instant images or not.. Perhaps the seller is relatively ignorant.

I also don't know if the spirits would be offended either. I feel like they possibly would? At the same time I feel they wouldn't maybe if they're aware of the sellers being ignorant, who knows. Really interesting though to think about.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Return to “Seller Review”