Kinetic Abilities, What do we know?

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Air molecules are still only 300 picometers. You can't see them without an electron microscope. If you have one, just say so.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:Air molecules are still only 300 picometers. You can't see them without an electron microscope. If you have one, just say so.
Okay. I'll try and unpack the conceptual basis.

I know I find it hard to plough through long threads sometimes, so I can't blame you for not wanting to go back and read the thread that Kitsune posted a link to, which gives a definition of types of kinesis.

Or if you have read it you may have missed that bit about air, which is quite short and hidden within the thread. It says /claims that microkinesis is about manipulating matter and macrokinesis, much rarer, is about creating things. An example is given of manipulating electrons, as opposed to creating them where there are none. (It's not my thread and they are someone else's words or claims.)

One bit says /claims if you have a kinesis ability you'll be able to see air molecules.

I should explain that, as you'll see earlier in the thread, I say, in answer to someone else's question about what I see air molecules as, that I *feel* the presence of air, mainly as a result of tai chi swimming in air, as I thought.

But on to the question you've posed: everyone can see air molecules, air is just transparent. They are in our visual field although we don't notice them. We can't see them very well. (If air was an opaque gas, we'd find it very easy to notice.)

When whoever it was talked in that thread about kinesis - and I think it would help to read the words in context - I don't think they were claiming that only people who have microscopic level magnification eyesight can have kinetic ability. (Probably because that would be more than slightly absurd. Quite a few people are happy to say they have some level of kinetic ability but I can't remember when I last heard of someone claiming to be a human microscope.)

I'm going to assume that the poster in that other thread referred to paranormal 'seeing' of air molecules. I've worked with air energy as blue energy to try and help heal ozone layer holes. I can imagine air molecules around me. I often see a light mist around me in the air which is a common chi field visual experience. I sense the air around me (not hard to do). I used to discharge negative energy into the air around me. Both my Sun sign and Moon sign are air signs. I have an affinity with air. The first 'low' level spirit I worked with on a personal basis was a Sylph I met during a storm and worked with for a year or more. (Actually, come to think of it, I don't hear or taste air. Mainly it's feel and 'see'.)

If one accepts the existence of psi (intent interacting with random events) then one can provisionally accept that intent might be able to influence air movement, which will be molecules of air moving around.

The whole issue of how much randomness there needs to be before you can influence something is another topic. It is often said that a chair isn't very random but weather is. I think that explains why weather can be easier to influence than, say, moving a chair with your kinetic ability.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

There have been some authors who have talked about seeing matter down to a level as fine as molecules and atoms, especially while out of body. As long as they say it is a subjective experience in their mind's eye, that is fine. But seriously, think about how long it has taken to develop the current ideas about what atoms and molecules look like. If it was easy to do, they should have had the current models so many hundreds or thousands of years ago.

As for why weather is easier to influence than a chair, I'd say it is because it is harder to trick yourself with the chair.

Would it help to lock this thread and just go back to the other thread?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I should point out that I'm not the OP in this thread.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

If enough people think the other thread is better, we should switch to it. But I would like to see this thread focus on immediate, objective, visible use of abilities.

Return to “General Questions”