You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ari J Dimitri
Zodiac:

I was looking around the shop for fun as I sometimes do. I wasn't planning on ordering anything or anyone for that matter since I have an Empusa, Vorin, and Adverka on their way. But I got the sudden urge to get a Vrykolakas. I've seen them in the Elcoypedia before so I know their not to be taken lightly. I went to their species again and the call only got stronger. Then I went to the listing in the shop then clicked away from it. When I did it felt like something screamed 'Order me' and was purposely causing slight pain in my right hand (My domintant hand). My only thing is I'm not sure if this is a calling though it feels like it. I personally have two Abchanchu Vampires but one of them chose me which let me know I was ready for them and went and ordered one. Does this sound like a calling to anyone? If I go with it what should I expect from a Vrykolakas?

Incubus (2) Adverka (2) Fylgia (1) Sanguine Vampire (4) Abchanchu (2) Draugr (1) Merman (1) High Elf (2) Ciguapa (1) Empusa (1) Vorin (1) Vrykolaka (2) Wraith (1) Psy Vampire (1) Kistune (1) Nympho (1) Courtwind Angel (1)

Info: Oracle, Seer, Priestess n Shaman in training, Most Claire's, Channler, Diviner, Small Business

Spirit Spouses: Psy Vamp, One Incubi, One high elf
God Spouses: Arianrhod and Arawn/Gwyn So Nudd
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

This sounds like a definite calling to me. It is, afterall, your choice to go for a calling! In no way does a calling mean you have to get that spirit, so keep that in mind. See what your Keep would think what you should do. If you’re still unsure, ask for a sign to help you decide :) Ive never heard of this spirit so I hope some people who keep them respond to this too.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I see you have some dark spirits but this one sounds very dark and the CH shop description says: "They can be difficult to control for the inexperienced." Had you thought of asking CH how you would need to control them? And whether they think you are experienced enough to be able to?

A calling is one thing, But when the conjurers say they can be difficult to control, that may be worth taking seriously into account and planning for, in my opinion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

I love my Vrykolakas. I had not considered having one until I, like you seem to be, experienced a sudden and intense calling.

M., my Vrykolakas companion, has stated basically that he's here for extreme protection in true emergencies -- not to call him because I'm worried or think something might happen, but only if we're actually under direct, physical attack. That said, he seems to enjoy just being around in the presence of life, keeping to himself but watching now and then. He is very strange ... I think of him as "undead" in category but wouldn't describe him as a werewolf, vampire, or anything else familiar. When I see and touch him, I so far can only see part of him and it's like touching a vast, bestial body that is partially mummified but still decomposing. (As in, I can feel this leathery, corpse-like skin and smell faint decomposition.)

Which, is totally fine with me, but they and we are all individuals. So just to give some insight on what they *can* be like, but I can't say anything about what *yours* would be like. I am glad he's here, he's quite silent, somber, and I find something comforting in his presence. I don't feel personally threatened by him in any way, but yes, he is definitely a very "serious" being to have.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”