chloeshop
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 7
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I am very new to CH as well as the idea of spirit binding / conjuring / keeping. I like to understand what's your view on spirit binding? Is it ethical? I understand that there is no black and white answer to this, so feel free to elaborate 1i

I have read blogs / articles about spirit binding 1rd Some practitioners see spirit binding as perfectly ethical thing as their view is simply connecting the spirit to an earthern vessel for the ease of communication on earth plane. While some practitioners strongly against spirit binding, but i do notice that these practitioners usually believe that spirit binding is to trap a spirit in an earthly vessel.

What I really unsure or not understanding is, is spirit binding just connecting the spirit to a vessel or it is trapping the spirit to a vessel? This also leads to other questions that can you actually trap a spirit to a vessel? Aren't spirit meant to be free? If spirits are not being trap to a vessel, then why would they want to be connected to a vessel to communicate with us and provide guidance to us? Why would they want to make the effort to do so? Knowing that sometimes humans can be so hard to deal with 1la

regards
<3 ChloeShop <3

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

For me it's just an anchor for them to be connected to us and the earthern realm. They can go whenever they want. They are in spirit form now and hopefully fulfilled their purpose in life. Some of them want to help you, others just want to explore our realm with you. Then there are past life and soulmate connections. Human or not, they want to find out what's happening in our world and in our own lives. I mean, I still don't know why Cleopatra chose to be with me but there's definitely a reason for this. :D

MysticEmpath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 15
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

I also think it's just a way for them to feel connected to our realm. It also depends on the conjurer so it's important that you investigate and vet sellers before making a purchase. There are lots of sellers with great reviews in the seller review section as well. (I do believe there are some conjurers who might trap their spirits, so I did heavy HEAVY research into who I as purchasing from.)

None of the spirits I have are forcefully bound to their vessel. Although occasionally some of them like it when I take their vessel with me around town. In a way I think they see this as a way for me to be more connected to them for that day, as in this is "their" bonding day amongst my other spirits. I hope that makes sense. Depending on your job and lifestyle, you may not always be able to carry their vessels as well and they are fully understanding of this. It doesn't mean that they are not with you as you go about your day though. You can still and should quite easily communicate with them without their vessels around.

Their curiosity about humans would be similar to our interests in other cultures and history. They want to understand what we do, how we do them and why we do them. It's like going to another country without a guide, friend, companion or family member. Your spirits want to have a friend, companion and/or family member to help them learn more about us in a "real earthen world" experience even if this means just going to the supermarket and trying new foods or going to the library or simply what your job or school is like. Everywhere is different and they are here for the experience while having a friend to teach them. If you have an Earthbound spirit it could simply be that they are not ready to move on from our world into the next. There might be something they want to experience before moving on and want to have a friend to do that with. By spirit keeping you are becoming someone's friend/family and need to care for them as such. <3

I hope this helps you and many blessings on your spirit keeping journey!

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”
― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

This is a key topic that has been addressed more than once on this forum that is important and easy to be clear about. I suggest you read through this thread...

topic10663.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I think the kind of info you're after is here too
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

I hope that is useful.

find it again.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

This is a difficult question to answer because its quite subjective but here is my take on it.

You cant trap a non-corporeal entity to a Corporial Object. Such a being is not subject to the ravages of time due to it not existing in our material universe while the material vessel is. so long as the material vessel deteriorates (and it will at some point in the future) the entity is free because from its perspective past present and future are all the same thing. All it needs to do is shift its perspective to a time when that particular vessel doesnt exist and just like that its free.

memento mori
CJDS
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

As what have said above, spirits are practically free. So it's safe to assume spirit binding can only happen with the spirit consent, to strengthen the bond with human.

Some people might disagree, claiming they can force bind spirits. But so far I haven't encounter such proof about doing such thing. (mostly force banishing case of negative spirits on places)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

quantumflux wrote:This is a difficult question to answer because its quite subjective but here is my take on it.

You cant trap a non-corporeal entity to a Corporial Object. Such a being is not subject to the ravages of time due to it not existing in our material universe while the material vessel is. so long as the material vessel deteriorates (and it will at some point in the future) the entity is free because from its perspective past present and future are all the same thing. All it needs to do is shift its perspective to a time when that particular vessel doesnt exist and just like that its free.
When you say "trap", do you mean catch and retain, not allowing to exit or escape, or trick? ie against the entity's will?

I find the Creepy Hollows information on such things persuasive, not least because they *have* being doing this so long and were the first to do this online and kind of invented modern spirit keeping. So it's worth bearing in mind what CH says in the FAQs thread on this very forum topic10663.html

"You can forcibly bind spirits...

Yes, but in order to do so you better be extremely powerful and you WILL pay for it with your own energy, spirit & karma. You typically only see this in black magick practitioners doing so against other Black Arts spirits to force them to do their bidding because Black Arts spirits as a rule will not voluntarily help you. However, it should also be noted that in this case the word "spirit" is inaccurate because most of the time the Black Arts "spirits" bound against their will are living entities who reside on another plane such as the astral or spiritual. And BA practitioners always pay in the end and you don't usually see their run last longer than a few months or a year before something breaks them down if they are going with the forcible approach. BA entities have powers beyond any scope of a human and typically a BA practitioner will allow themselves to become possessed by a strong BA spirit in order to continue BA work. The number of these kinds of practitioners are very few and far between.

You can kidnap spirits...

LOL, no. I can't tell you how many times I've said that spirits are more evolved than we are, and it's the truth. They are not vulnerable, unknowing beings floating around waiting to be taken advantage of. They require respect and often humility to bring them through conjuration and they choose whether or not to come to you. Your reciting a conjuration opens the gate for any spirit(s) who want to come forward to do so to you specifically. Think about the words being a key turning the lock on a door and when you're done the door opens to the spiritual or astral realms. You cannot do a spiritual drive-by and scoop up unsuspecting spirits... LOL I'm sorry but this is one of the most ludicrous things I've heard to date. Spirits demand respect, rightly so, and you have to give respect to get it in anything in life including work with spirits. "

find it again.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

Trap as in the spirit goes in and doesnt come out. Like i said though it doesnt quite work like that.

memento mori

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”