Was 'Merlin' a real person or from a story?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I was told that Merlin and the Arthurian stories were written by a medieval author rather than an actual person although could have been inspired by one, any thoughts?

marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

I think it's accurate, Merlin was an inspiration to a tale and there is nothing that proves it to be true, but you know what it is ... the sands of the times bury a lot and I think there must have been somebody with exceptional powers who has inspired the legend.
Merlin has become a very famous archetype and in the tales recounts the archetype of the magician. The whole story involving the wizard Merlin and King Arthur is part of a cosmic drama. I'ts very interesting.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

There's this:
topic5783.html#p63522

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

In short, even top scholars don't agree on this. So you're not going to see much more ground covered here than you'd get by Googling. He is, at any rate, now an unseen Presence with Whom someone might interact. Whether He's Immortal by means of origin, ascension, or by being an egregore is probably not resolvable outside UPG.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think probably the best you can do with this subject is to read Pagan Portals - Merlin: Once and Future Wizard by Elen Sentier. The Pagan Portals series has a generally very high quality, and it looks like this author has personal interactions with Him.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:In short, even top scholars don't agree on this. So you're not going to see much more ground covered here than you'd get by Googling. He is, at any rate, now an unseen Presence with Whom someone might interact. Whether He's Immortal by means of origin, ascension, or by being an egregore is probably not resolvable outside UPG.
I think this is the best perspective, which incorporates the CH opinion in that thread DD posted the link to.

A subtle extra twist is that Merlin is also a very resonant Archetype that can be worked with (different from working with eg an Egregore, an Immortal, an ascended wizard, or even a character from a parallel universe that 'really' exists).

Maybe, like Atlantis, if Merlin didn't actually exist at any point in history that doesn't invalidate the strength of their cultural or spiritual resonance.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: A subtle extra twist is that Merlin is also a very resonant Archetype that can be worked with (different from working with eg an Egregore, an Immortal, an ascended wizard, or even a character from a parallel universe that 'really' exists).

Maybe, like Atlantis, if Merlin didn't actually exist at any point in history that doesn't invalidate the strength of their cultural or spiritual resonance.
100% agree.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:In short, even top scholars don't agree on this. So you're not going to see much more ground covered here than you'd get by Googling. He is, at any rate, now an unseen Presence with Whom someone might interact. Whether He's Immortal by means of origin, ascension, or by being an egregore is probably not resolvable outside UPG.
I think this is the best perspective, which incorporates the CH opinion in that thread DD posted the link to.

A subtle extra twist is that Merlin is also a very resonant Archetype that can be worked with (different from working with eg an Egregore, an Immortal, an ascended wizard, or even a character from a parallel universe that 'really' exists).

In the work of a seller I know, according to them there exist several parallel universes and 'realms' maybe where magic is more tangible but 'not yet all powerful'?

nina
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Lewk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Do you mean to say atlantis didnt exist?

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

nina wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 pm
Lewk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:09 pm
Do you mean to say atlantis didnt exist?
It exists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Paradise_Island
: p

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Human”