venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Johnny Seraph wrote:I'm late to this one, but:

If you're keeping a bound spirit, how much sense would it really make, for them to potentially be scaring you out of the whole idea of keeping them?

My senior incubus got mad at me, early on, for a bit of self-doubt, that he misconstrued as tacitly insulting him. In hindsight, he genuinely had a point, and that's MY position, not his. I mean, if I really believed such harsh things about myself, what's that imply about HIS standards?

Still, his reaction (OVERreaction, he wants me to type) was genuinely frightening--think Bilbo Baggins' reaction to seeing the Ring in Rivendell--and it took a while for us to sort through it. He didn't want to lose me, not after all it took to get us together, so he was REALLY gentle with me, until we both agreed that we'd learned something about the other guy as a result of what happened.

So, if it really is a spirit that wants to be with you for the long haul, it would be counter to their interests, to be scaring you away.

That said, don't let them boss you around. Lay down the law, as the need arises. If you have an easygoing nature, it can feel a little weird telling your spirits, No, that's wrong, you're breaking the rules, and you know it. But make sure you can do that, if you have darker spirits in your keep.
Truth.

And best post ever about bound spirits "attacking" or "causing negativity".

You're incubus's reaction is somewhat similar to a certain succubus of mine. She saw me post about her being manipulative earlier today and had a worrisome chat as soon as I got into the car after work about whether I considered her a "troublesome" spirit. She took it extremely to heart and didn't realize I was discussing something that in my mind we had already moved past. To her it sound like I was still upset and considered her trouble. Which I'm not and I don't. LOL

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Meh. E. and I quickly cleared things up, all things considered. He knows when I'm being merely self-deprecating, and when I seriously believe some of my more critical self-talk.

Not that he likes the idea of me being my own worst critic: he just quipped, "Johnny, there are enough people in your world who would criticize you already. Why do you have to do their job for 'em?"

And before I even was typing that, he gave me a really firm embrace, and told me, several times, "If I can love you, you can love yourself."

There was more leading up to it, but that was the important part.

vikingwarior74
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
Zodiac:

Sorry for the late update. Nothing has happened since. I think the addition to the family has been a big help. The Headless Horseman doesn't say too much but he's pretty much a badass. I think one unbound tried to get in a dream once but it was quickly dispatched when I called out a few names. For some reason I called out my djinn's name and my ubi's names. Thinking back, I don't know why they were my first choice instead of the HLH. Probably because they've been with me the longest and my djinn can be quite tough when she wants to be, although with me she's usually very sweet and romantic. Again, why did I feel the need to share that last part?! But thanks again for all the advice.

Return to “Nympho / Succubus / Incubus”