Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: I'm me, nothing else
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: I'll use NorthWood for this site.
Zodiac:

This mite sound arrogant but I am a well aged magcician/energy worker. I've come to this thread because there are certain things that I'm ignorant about, most of my knowledge is experience baised which is the worst way possablly to learn magick but my life and I made it through the trial and error process.
Anyways I made a wand a while ago and put alot of time into it. I had no reason to have one and I don't really know what to do with it, but my higher instincts inspired me to make it.
What do I do with a wand exactly?
- I basically use my atheme for everything a wand could do so I'm not sure if having a wand is redundant or not.

Flames
marcoank
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 17
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
Zodiac:

I think a stick or a stick acts as something that helps lead the energy to a ritual or to some place.
Franz Bardon describes the use of magic bats.
If you can direct energy with an athame, I think it's okay. Try to try the wand to see what the difference is. And according to Franz Bardon, each type of wood has a property.
But I think when a person is strong enough less items need to perform magic.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi. There must be many uses of wands and it probably varies according to your path and what discipline you're working with at any one time.

I searched the shop and saw this https://shop.creepyhollows.com/witch-s-wand.html
Discover the fascinating history, symbolism, and modern use of the wand with this comprehensive guide by professional wand-maker Alferian Gwydion MacLir. From a variety of spells and rituals to methods for making your own wand, The Witch

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
LittleGreenIcon
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I'm not too sure what the difference is either so I'd love to hear other peoples input.
I've always used a Blackthorn staff that was made by my great grandfather. It wasn't made for magick, just a walking stick at the time but since I inherited it I felt the magick in it and use it for creating circles and sacred space, connecting to deities, fae (especially) and directions, channeling out intention through it etc and it works great, the properties of blackthorn are amazing and its a very magical piece.
What wood did you make your wand out of? That might give you an idea of what you can use it for.

NorthWood
new here
new here
Zodiac:

LittleGreenIcon wrote:I'm not too sure what the difference is either so I'd love to hear other peoples input.
I've always used a Blackthorn staff that was made by my great grandfather. It wasn't made for magick, just a walking stick at the time but since I inherited it I felt the magick in it and use it for creating circles and sacred space, connecting to deities, fae (especially) and directions, channeling out intention through it etc and it works great, the properties of blackthorn are amazing and its a very magical piece.
What wood did you make your wand out of? That might give you an idea of what you can use it for.
I'm not to sure. It has a pithy center what ever the stick is. I figured the hollowed center of the wand would help send energy through. Kinda like a a wooden tunnel or straw for the energy to shoot out of like a gun or something.

Flames
Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

A catalysator ?

WubbaLubbaDubDub
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Use it as a baton for self defense, e.g.:
https://youtu.be/4kvryZA6Bmg?t=221
: p

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

Hi,

From what I understand, wands are an extension of our fingers so you can send energy from your hand and down the length of the wand and further away from you. In ritual, you use wands to draw a circle around an area where you'd be casting spells or doing a ritual. Basically, wands are for invoking rituals, etc and athames (daggers) are for banishing rituals, etc.

Since your wand is hollow, you can put magic stuff in it to enhance whatever you're doing. It's called a cored wand.

Hope that helped.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Experience-based learning is actually one of the best ways to learn as it means you are not that susceptible to gullibility, for example how some confuse thoughtforms for real entities based on not having real experience with scanning for the difference. I made my first wand when I was a kid after reading a book on Merlin lol. an oak tree branch that fell on its own and carved symbols on it after polishing it.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
NorthWood
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Sephiroth wrote:A catalysator ?
What's that?

Flames

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”