Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Do all psychics keep spirits

Postby nina » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm

I have been consulting psychics for some months now and was always curious to know how they were able to foretell, channel, feel etc. After doing some googling I at the possibility that they may be using spirits as many of then answer me such as " Angels say..... " or "the guides say..." . The last time I contacted a psychic and asked her if she keeps spirits, she sounded bit confused and told "I don't know what you are talking about, I speak to angels....". Do you know whether one can have the gift of clairvoyance/clairaudience/clairsentience etc without keeping spirits?

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 149
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrastea

Re: Do all psychics keep spirits

Postby Adrasteia » Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm

nina wrote:I have been consulting psychics for some months now and was always curious to know how they were able to foretell, channel, feel etc. After doing some googling I at the possibility that they may be using spirits as many of then answer me such as " Angels say..... " or "the guides say..." . The last time I contacted a psychic and asked her if she keeps spirits, she sounded bit confused and told "I don't know what you are talking about, I speak to angels....". Do you know whether one can have the gift of clairvoyance/clairaudience/clairsentience etc without keeping spirits?

Sure, they can contact them. Spirit Keeping is something entirely different. You have a spirit permanently bound to a vessel or yourself. Most psychics contact benelovent spirits but they can come and go as they please. Our community is pretty small and makes up a small percentage of the whole metacommunity.

Lewk
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 117
Spelled Number: 113
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Postby Lewk » Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi. Yes - I learned clairvoyance as a psychic development skill, completely separately from speaking with spirits. However the systems I learned from also believed in the existence of personal spirit guides. And I eventually reached the lesson that taught me how to communicate with them.

Clairaudience to me is mainly being able to hear spirits talking to you. (But I suppose you can 'hear' and communicate with all kinds of energies and things. The same psychic development system I'm talking about also taught how to talk with your body and ask it questions.)

So - there are any differing beliefs about spirits - a common view is that there are lots of spirits around but they are not attached to us. We don't have a relationship with them. There are our lifetime personal spirit guides. When we get to know a spirit that is not one of our lifetime guides, they may become 'attached' to us. Some spiritually aware people may have regular interactions with (ie 'know') large numbers of spirits, only some of whom become attached.

Spirit keeping in its current modern form involves creating a link called a binding that allows a spirit to have a stable link with the 'keeper' and live with them.

So: many psychics may work with their lifetime guides, or may have attached unbound spirits that act as guides for their psychic work. These may be close by throughout their day or they may only link up for the psychic work. But they don't 'keep' them as such, normally.

Far fewer psychics have 'bound' spirits, in the 21st century spirit keeping sense.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
1mg

Rungr
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: my true self race.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr

Postby Rungr » Wed May 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Not all psychics keep spirits, some use their own skills, personally as a tarot reader I rely solely on my own skills because at the end of the day I also benefit from exercising my psychic senses/Intuition. Of course not to say calling on spirits for help is a bad thing, it's just not as common in my opinion, mainly because half the people I've got readings from that to say "the angels say this" or "your guides say this" it's always been a cold reading, meaning it can apply to any aspect of anyone's life. But when you or someone has a legitimate help from a trustworthy one it can be quite profound.

GodSlayerBabe
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 54
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Galv or Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet

Postby GodSlayerBabe » Thu May 16, 2019 2:52 am

From my experience with going to psychic readers in the past, the obvious answer is not all of them even know what "spirit keeping" is haha... I've known some who already have assumptions about it, because if anything most of these individuals are purely there to do a service with their divination abilities. Most of them would be in contact with their spirit guides, work with angels, or work with passing spirits that tend to be white light etc. I have went to a psychic reader before, he mostly walks in the realms where spirit guides are, and he had no idea that people even worked with spirit vessels, let alone "haunted objects." He quite literally told me he first learned about it through me because I ended up mentioning it to him.

Tons of people have natural gifts regardless they have bound spirits with them or not. In fact I didn't even start "seriously" spirit keep or work with spirits until summer 2018 and FAR BEFORE THAT I've been experiencing spirits (not bound with me) throughout my life. I am clairvoyant and claircognizant myself and was always born with that and didn't know about the terminology of spirit keeping until way later, and like everyone would say, it's an entirely different ballpark. Like... People on websites like Kasamba, Bitwine, and Fiverr... a lot of those readers wouldn't really have a clue, honestly.

nina
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Postby nina » Fri May 17, 2019 5:27 am

Thank you for all your replies. Helps me to correct my thinking.. I thought the only way to foretell the future is by having some kind of association to spirits.... I read reviews that many of the psychics are sometimes far from accurate , though many predict the present and past correctly , the future is many times not correct.. The reason is either chalked up to free will or no connection... I was thinking that maybe it could be because some spirits they talk to has less power to see the future... but now my opinion changed that many rely on their own ability or just cold read as Rungr mentioned.

@Rungr , One of the more popular psychics told me that I have 2 spirit guides and they were relaying messages to her guides and she was relaying it back to me.. She gave very precise descriptions about the guy I was going to meet.... the prediction time is in a few months so I’ll know by then... 3 other psychics have told me the same description of the guy and the timelines are similar too.... On another note they may have come to understand by my accent that I am Indian , so they have described the guy accordingly.... but one has even told me that if I don’t go to this guy ( as I am looking for someone from a different background) , then early next year I meet a guy with lot of freckles from another background...Many of them say they talk to guides.... Not sure if that is cold reading... time will tell I guess.... But what is most strange is that I have spoken to over 30 different psychics and NO ONE , absolutely NOBODY told me that I was already married.... So I am wondering if it’s due to time constraints they did not have enough time to detect this and was just focusing on the question I asked( as these sites are pay by minute) or they have limitations in their abilities

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h

Lewk
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 117
Spelled Number: 113
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Postby Lewk » Fri May 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Interesting :)

Long post alert - as it's something I know a bit about

Not all psychics are using the same technique or getting their information from the same source. I'm not trying to make myself out to be a great clairvoyant etc but - I've had a 'prophetic' experience, when I was talking to someone about current affairs and suddenly, almost standing outside, watching myself, I heard myself give a pronouncement about how things would probably go. (It unexpectedly did come to pass.) It's hard to convey the eerie sense of something speaking through you if you haven't had that yourself.

Using psychometry or aura reading I've got pictures but have not been sure what they mean. Then you say what you see and your thinking minds tries to relate that to the situation the reading is about. You can get the right clairvoyant input but as a human you might put the wrong interpretation on it.

With tarot cards I like to do another reading covering the same issue. When the same cards show up on the same aspects of the situation, I feel more confident to say the narrative they're telling seems to be a likely outcome. The cards are sure . But as a person, I'm not really sure.

With info from spirits, eg from someone's spirit guides, you can get words and pictures and again I might be thinking: but it can't literally mean that can it? You use your intuition to work out what the clairvoyant info means but our human minds do struggle to make sense I think.

And with actual literal predictions, the future is not set and things can be done to steer towards a better one. Some types of clairvoyant/psychic input are about things that are very likely to come to pass, so they do, but others are about a possible future that may not happen. Sensing ahead as to what 'has' happened is also a different technique from predicting the future, as predicting may often be effectively tuning into trends and likely outcomes.

Then there's directly accessing the Akashic records psychically and just 'knowing' something, with no technique or mediator.

There's time bleed too. I often get incongruous words or images while resting, then realise later when watching TV later that day what caused it. These psychic hits travel backwards in time. It hardly makes me Edgar Cayce or Gerald Croiset but this has happened for decades. Again if you haven't had the same experience it may be hard to accept that I know that familiar sensation that accompanies it. The most recent example, faintly ludicrous I know, was yesterday while waking I saw George Clooney walking steadily towards me and near him were soldiers in sandy desert uniforms, slightly classic style. I instinctively recoiled from the image and thought this isn't quite what I was expecting to see just now. A couple of hours later, on live national TV, George Clooney was gazing charismatically out of the screen talking about his new TV series Catch 22. (A favourite book of mine, involving WWII servicemen in a desert setting, as I recall.) As he spoke, I sensed the psychic pulse / hit being conveyed by him...which broke my dream as it were. And I recoiled and tried to close myself off from being open to the psychic hit.

tl:dr We get our psychic clairvoyant input from a range of different sources. Some are about futures that are not yet set; some come from the future; we may struggle as humans to make the correct sense of what we see. So readings that are entirely genuine may not always look like they are spot on.

And I'm pretty sure spirits , oracles and clairvoyancy tend to just centre on one aspect - it isn't always what you want to hear or expect to hear coming through. It tends to be what's important or meaningful. And clairvoyants will probably stick with what comes through. They'll generally not see or be shown the whole picture. They're not omniscient.

The last time I tried to read someone was in a Taoist psychic skills seminar. I was asked to use the technique and say what I saw. I saw an old style steam train and had the sense of an 'iron' train and tracks. I told the person being read what I saw and apologised that I had probably just thought about the fact they may have travelled by train to get to the seminar. It turned out to be a very specific and meaningful image for her that related to a visit she had made to a trains museum - her father had a great interest in them. So I had been able to see what was meaningful, although I didn't understand it or have control over it.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
1mg

divineseeker
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Postby divineseeker » Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Hello,
From what I gather, there are two types of psychics, naturally gifted (with the psychic skills inborn) and those who develop the skills to be psychics.

From what I have seen, most naturally gifted psychics do not use spirits to divine.There are some of these naturally gifted psychics do use spirits to aid them depending on what gifts they possess.

For those who develop skills to be a psychic, I guess, most of them do rely on intuition, or any of their "clairs" that is working to divine. Some of them use also spirits to aid them.

Every psychic is different, only by asking how they work, we might get a picture how they do their work.

Rungr
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: my true self race.
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr

Postby Rungr » Fri May 17, 2019 11:42 pm

I tend to lean towards everyone is psychic, just not everyone develops it and everyone has it on different "levels" each form of divination relays different for each of us, some will see, some will sense, some will smell, taste, hear, clairvoyance and the 7 senses are naturally relaying over one another, which helps with intuition or if one decides to go down the spirit's aspect of it, helps them to conversate and relay messages.

However, those who do not work on themselves in a psychic means tend to have a harder time later in life to develop them but not impossible.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels

Postby Huffette » Fri May 17, 2019 11:49 pm

You just hit the nail on the head. Being born psychic, I can attest that it would be more difficult to learn how to be psychic later in life. Also, being psychic, I can tell you most do not keep spirits. Some use guides, but I don't.

Huffette
Mommy to three haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “General Questions”