new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I wasn't sure if this was a question to ask in tasking, but it came across my mind not too long ago. I'm quite sure there are a lot of spirits that can bestow a blessing (if I'm wrong, I'll accept that fact), but could asking for a blessing be seen as something rude out of the blue? Is the task of blessing able to span different spirits? Is it a task worth even asking?

Most of it boils down into what does a blessing do for you? Does it depend upon any factors? Can living entities bless you just as well as spirits? Am I even asking the right question if spirits can actually do blessings?

To Be Signed
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I don't see why it can't be tasked to do blessings! I don't find it rude to ask either, plus I find it can be beneficial! Blessings can depend on any factor deemed non what/why it's needed & what it can do for you! I do think you are asking the right questions! I am going to say yes can bless you as well as spirits!

:3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 298
Spelled Number: 202
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Perhaps it depends on what you mean by a blessing? If it is about functional things like good luck, prosperity, happiness etc...or about a religiously based blessing that carries concepts like grace, divine energies etc. A spirit like an angel may affect us in a more spiritual way perhaps. Other spirits may not relate to that concept or may not have come to help us in that way. (eg I have a Shadow Fairy to help me with shadow work - I wouldn't even think of asking her for a blessing, although she is very friendly, that's not what she's come to help me with.

Also a Judeo-Christian blessing may differ from a Buddhist blessing and so on.

There may well be some common factor in different denominations' or religions' blessings. And also with beings that bless.

A dictionary definition is having your god's favour and protection.

In common speech we may say 'bless you' if someone sneezes. Or talk about being 'blessed' with good luck, or the ability to dance well etc etc.

So I guess what a given person is thinking of when they say 'blessing' is the key thing.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
TheLoot
new here
new here
Zodiac:

The way I wanted to look at it was that a blessing could be good favor or just a boost in energy for a task or just entirely. I got a binding of a Devata for a number of reasons and I wanted her help with nurturing my psychic abilities, I just don't feel like I get involved enough to utilize her help. It also stems from the fact that I don't directly interact with any of my keep, not for the lack of trying, except when I give them offerings.

I suppose the goal of using "blessings" would be a way to slowly introduce myself to get more active with my keep. I'm still very new to this and have been improving myself, but the one thing I lack is interacting. I hardly have tasked any of my specific members, and if I do, it's for little things while asking the entirety of them all.

It's like I want to use the whole blessing thing to sort of dip my toes into the water, and I imagine it would be different between different spirits. For example, I'm unsure what my Succubus would "bless" me with if she'd even be capable of it. A Devata sounds like something that you could easily receive a blessing from, but that's just from my own speculation as I don't know much about them. Except for what I've gotten from CH.

To Be Signed
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

I kind of wonder if what you're referring to is just tasking. Tasking meaning giving or asking a spirit to do something for you, giving them a goal, instead of calling it a blessing. Though, as said above, blessings are probably more individually based on what you believe.

Tasking is very good to get to know your spirits and to get them used to you, to figure out how they do things, and over all get to better understanding them. Tasking also lets you understand the individuality on what a certain spirit can do.

Take your Succubus, for example. I'm in no way an expert with ubi's as I don't keep one nor plan on it, however you can perhaps task your Succubus with helping you feel emotions or something. Or you can task her with something she would be capable of helping you with (I suggest looking through the Nympho / Succubus / Incubus forum to better understand their capabilities).
You can even task your spirits and ask for help with energy or good vibes. Endless possibilities

Though, again, I think it all depends on what your definition of blessing is. Talk to your spirits about it, explain it to them, see what they think and see what they can do about it. Personally, I find "blessings" to be more religious-based, and wouldn't ask my spirits for blessings, I'd ask my gods.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
TheLoot
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I'm not really one for conveying ideas the way I intend them the first time around, but yes, I want it to be seen as a form of tasking. I'm a bit passive with my journey, so I wanted a way to ease myself into being more direct, as adjusting to essentially a new lifestyle is still a little tough for me.

So yes, the "blessings" are more or less just tasks, whether it is seen as the definition of a blessing or whatever else I can convey it as. Hopefully, once I do figure it out, I can then convey the correct idea to my keep. The most direct way I can communicate (instead of talking AT them) is with a pendulum, but it just doesn't feel personal enough for me; I don't feel much feedback from a pendulum.

I've still got a lot of adjusting to do, and while living alone would help, I don't have that kind of freedom just yet. I'm not saying it will be a requirement for me to continue on with my practices, but it definitely would help.

I feel like I've kinda gone off on a tangent there, but again, I'm kind of hard at conveying ideas the first time around. Simply put, I want to interact with my keep in a way that could nurture my ability to communicate with them while I'm adjusting. As well as a way to help the adjustment, since I was a form of nihilistic growing up. So again, asking for "blessings" is just a fancy way to get me to task my keep, which I haven't been doing (if at all.)

To Be Signed
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Spirits like to feel included in your daily routine. Giving them a request for a blessing or giving them a task will make them feel useful. They will do what they can to help you with your tasks.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Spirit Tasking”