Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

Hey...i was reading through the forum and thought of getting a protection spirit...recently have a sterling angel...i know that she is capable of protecting me..but still...i have a question...is wraith revommended for beginners?..and if yes...then...is it recommended to be bound to the spirit?..and to volkhs and wraith keepers...i wanna ask..is their a difference in intensity between the two?..is wraith more powerul?..or how is it...also pls recommend any other protective spirits...which are powerful..maybe a good race of vampires...or any other in ur mind..
Thank u!

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
You can always write to CH helpdesk about your needs. They will always help. Send and email and decide then.

Just note the spirit suggestions given by members in your topic and read about the spirits and then see what you like.

RavenConspiracy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: high goblins
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven
Zodiac:

I do not recommend having a wraith bound to your spirit. I'm not sure CH will even do that, but they might do it now, and if they do it should be safe. (They're very good at that.) I find it's best to have them bound to a vessel and then bridged to you. They should be fine for beginners with the way CH does them. Just do not give them any offerings.

I love wraiths. Mine is delightful. I can't speak to the volkh.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I have a Volkh. As they are white arts and non-social they are very easy to be around. The Wraiths conjured by CH get very good reviews here.

If you have any DA spirit it's a really good idea to use the 10 house rules (see the shop). One of them instructs your spirts to not act on every passing thought or emotion and to not harm any in your household.

I personally would not recommend to someone quite new at spirit keeping to get a dark arts spirit bound to your spirit. But on the other hand I've read here that wraiths are on the easier side to work with if you don't have many DA spirits or mainly work with WA.

It varies from one keeper to another as to how comfortable they are with having spirits bound to their spirit. I think the suggestion to ask the CH helpdesk is a good one. If the Wraith is bridged to you, you can still contact them at any time without needing their vessel to be with you. So you may not need bound to spirit, although it saves on postage costs.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I forgot to say Volkhs are regarded by CH (see shop description) as very powerful protectors. Not intense or awkward to be around. Ideal for a beginner imho.

Wraiths have many fans here. But the CH shop description focuses more on them righting wrongs and bringing revenge and in the encyclopaedia it says they protect against evil and curses.

Volkhs have a wider protection ability and can help with physical protection, much like a hulking bodyguard on more than one plane.

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Gargoyles are a lot more beginner-friendly and more generally protective (and are DA).

see https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... CTORS.html
and

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... t=gargoyle

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Please ignore my mistake in my earlier post -Wraiths are probably not easy to work with for a beginner, whereas Gargoyles can be. Sorry about that mistake !!

find it again.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Aryan wrote:is wraith revommended for beginners?..
Yep. It's because they're loyal and low maintenance race. But this is CH's wraith, not sure about other conjurers/sellers : p
Aryan wrote:and if yes...then...is it recommended to be bound to the spirit?..
Mmm depends on you, is there any problem or limitation if they're bound to your spirit? And this thread:
topic62262.html
Aryan wrote:and to volkhs and wraith keepers...i wanna ask..is their a difference in intensity between the two?..
Depends on how sensitive you are to WA energy and DA energy. If you lean more to DA, volkh may be more intense to you compared to wraith.
Aryan wrote:is wraith more powerul?..
Mmm define "more powerful".
Powerful how or in what way?
Aryan wrote:or how is it...also pls recommend any other protective spirits...which are powerful..maybe a good race of vampires...or any other in ur mind..
These lists, maybe:
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... how&cat=79

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Aryan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

Thank u for your responses...currently i have got one sterling angel bound to me...the problem is that i cannot take a vessel into my home..my family will not just accept it...i am only considering binding to spirit for now...gargoyles sound good to me...thank u for that suggestion...also another thing..i dont know why but im starting to like sanguine vampire as well...so is it alright that it is bound to my spirit?...any suggestions on it?

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar
featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

Aryan wrote:Thank u for your responses...currently i have got one sterling angel bound to me...the problem is that i cannot take a vessel into my home..my family will not just accept it...i am only considering binding to spirit for now...gargoyles sound good to me...thank u for that suggestion...also another thing..i dont know why but im starting to like sanguine vampire as well...so is it alright that it is bound to my spirit?...any suggestions on it?
Any spirit will be fine to bind to your spirit instead of a physical vessel, so I see no problem in a sanguine vampire not having a vessel. :)

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,

Return to “Spirit Keeping”