new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Daemon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi all, i feel like im going to become a serial poster (sorry in advance). Im looking for advice for 3 topics if possible please.
Firstly, how can i meditate in a noisy, distracting environment? I have 3 boys and theres no such thing as quiet, as soon as i try to start meditating i always either have to play bouncer breaking up a fight or i get poked at for a drink, something to eat or getting asked what am i doing, than getting asked the endless question of "why?".
I end up waiting for bedtime and begin again which usually results in the man baby snoring and releasing his toxic flatulence which I cant ignore.
Secondly, i try to use protection each time, i used to be able to see a purple shimmering sort of shield and slowly over time for the past year it has turned white even though i kept picturing it as purple. Is it still protection? That would be as far as i get than im snapped out of it due to the distractions.
Lastly, how do you tell the difference between a lucid dream and a sleeping dream (no idea what to call it sorry)?
Ive had some experiences that make me question if they were normal dreams.
I have had a few manifestations from some of my spirit family and i would really love for my ability to improve so i can communicate better with them.
Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I think I'll have to let another experienced keeper with a family comment on the quiet time question. That is certainly a challenge, and I'm sure others can comment more lucrative suggestions than I could.

As to shielding, the color change could be evidence of increasing power and evolution in your ability to shield. Also you may think on what the color purple meant to you before, and how that perception has changed. It could mean the use of the color as a starting point is no longer beneficial to you in the way you originally intended - you've outgrown it.

The typical difference between a normal dream and a lucid dream is the conscious awareness that you are in a dream. Sometimes, and especially with practice, you can learn to cause such lucidity in a dream and eventually learn to make use of that - controlling the dream, working magical workings in the dream, spending time with spirits, etc.

It's hard to stay in a lucid dream. The difficulty is your subconscious often immediately wakes you up when you become aware. It can take a lot of practice to prevent that. I've only been successful on occasion, but I don't focus on practicing either. Some people also use lucid dreams as a jumping off point for astral traveling.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
I will try to answer your questions, but do consider point of views of others too, I am just in the journey.
Firstly, how can i meditate in a noisy, distracting environment? I have 3 boys and theres no such thing as quiet, as soon as i try to start meditating i always either have to play bouncer breaking up a fight or i get poked at for a drink, something to eat or getting asked what am i doing, than getting asked the endless question of "why?".
I can understand being a mom and trying to have some "me" time can be sometimes impossible. Try to have short meditation sessions from 5 to 15 minutes. At least it is not that long to execute. Try to explain to the boys about meditation, in a way they could understand. Our moms used to tell us eat the veggies, if you want to be strong etc. So perhaps you could go creative and add a super reason, to give to your kids, so that they will understand, or even want to join you meditate lol.

I end up waiting for bedtime and begin again which usually results in the man baby snoring and releasing his toxic flatulence which I cant ignore.
Find other places that you could concentrate in the house. Some regular meditators, use essential oils to reach alpha stage fast, I heard.

Secondly, i try to use protection each time, i used to be able to see a purple shimmering sort of shield and slowly over time for the past year it has turned white even though i kept picturing it as purple. Is it still protection? That would be as far as i get than im snapped out of it due to the distractions.
Not sure about the change of colour, but I think your protection shield is working well, as you could see the shield still. I hope other experienced members could answer you on this question

Lastly, how do you tell the difference between a lucid dream and a sleeping dream (no idea what to call it sorry)?
Ive had some experiences that make me question if they were normal dreams.
I guess when you know you are dreaming and have sleep paralysis and aware of everything, that is lucid dreaming. There are good articles on internet on the techinical details, you may want to read.

I have had a few manifestations from some of my spirit family and i would really love for my ability to improve so i can communicate better with them.
Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Lots of topics about communicating with spirits in this forum, you can search the term and you could see lots of good suggestions. I find this topic is good topic52671.html?hilit=Communicating%20with%20spirits

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Spend time listening to audiobooks. It will help to gradually shift the quality of your mind. Subliminals are good. If music works for you, spend time listening to something that inspires you. The kind of success you are looking for is good, but don't forget that you have a life, too. There are reasons for being where you are with all the people who are with you. Maybe some of them will have to go, but don't push them out. Let whatever comes naturally come to you. When it is done, let it fall away. Resistance is when you are here and you would rather be there instead, and it leads to suffering. As for protection, white light is more traditional than purple. Purple (or dark blue) is more consistent with or traditional for the astral planes. So you are succeeding and it is good. In general, though, when you start a process with your mind and it shifts on its own - it is not something you are making happen - start following it the way it changes because this is more correct for you.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I used to meditate in my teabreaks at work. (A long time ago.) The lads who worked there took great pleasure in taunting me while I had my eyes closed but I had no problem ignoring them and continuing the meditation. For some reason one of them kept saying "Ah Grasshopper". It was many years later that I realised there had been a TV series on at the time called Kung Fu in which David Carradine played a Shaolin monk who meditated and remained spiritual despite the hostile wild west environment he wandered about in.

It's definitely challenging if there is noise or distractions we can't control. And it's easy to say try and adopt an attitude of not letting it all put you off. Some meditation techniques are easier to keep going with, whatever's going on around you. There's a japanese za zen type related to Aikido I used to do all day, even when physically very active. No external event, loud noise or anything would shock me out of the state.

But spirit keeping or magical meditation does seem to require quiet and the ability to focus our minds on subtle information, energies or visions etc. So perhaps what might help is using magic or spirit help to bring you more opportunities to be able to do that?

If you only want to meditate (if you see what I mean) you might adopt an attitude of nothing is going to disturb me or break my concentration. I find noise difficult too and very very irritating but it is our own state of mind that reacts negatively. (Easy to say I know.)

I have a book on the 6 healing sounds in which the author tells the story of when he and other students gave their Master a surprise birthday present of sound proofed windows for his flat, which was right next to a fire engine station. The Master was almost disappointed - he said he'd spent 20 years turning the sound of the fire engines into sinuous waves in his mind during sleep. And now he wouldn't hear them. That story illustrates that even the most prestigious teachers of meditation have faced disturbances that have challenged their practice.

Me - I can relate to what you say very much. However once I've gone into a meditative state and have gone past beta wave thinking mode into alpha wave relaxed state, I sometimes listen to what my spirits are telling me via my intuition as to what attitude I should adopt. They often seem to be telling me not to worry so much about things in my environment (like noise) that are bothering me. And I find that as I reach the state I want, external things kind of sort themselves out while I'm not focused on them. Worrying seems to prolong the torment - kind of a law of attraction thing a bit I think.

Of course I live alone and all my time is my own.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It certainly sounds like you have a busy home, and I can imagine that carving out some quiet time is difficult. If it's not possible to have a moment of peace during the day, and at night the bedroom is not a fitting environment, do you have a kitchen table or living room sofa where you can sit quiet at night. Even 10 good minutes would be beneficial for you to start working with meditation. It may not be possible, but if you can wake earlier than the household and sneak out to another room for some quiet time, it would be a good start.

I could advise you on blocking out noise, but having someone physically interrupt you is something you really can't work around, and if it's your children you don't want to work around it in case something bad happens.
Typically white is the evolution of all color. Most people think white is a blank canvas, and sometimes it can be, but if you start with a different color as the norm, and over time it evolves into white, this typically indicates you have reached a milestone. The next evolution would be seeing the color change from white to a new color and then when you reach another milestone it would turn white again.

In a meditative state for protection work, the purple-to-white could indicate reaching maximum for a particular mode of protection, and with that securely in place, you can move to a new mode of protective work.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Bubblez
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Daemon

Wow, thank you so much everyone I am thrilled with all the information you have all given me.
I intend to start getting up half an hour earlier and to meditate in front of the fire (Im from Australia and it's winter here).
I'm stoked about the protection and will keep at it now that I know everything is alright, i have always thought of colors as a sense of energy such as blue being a calming energy and red as an active energy, mix them together and you get purple, calm and active energies, thats was why i chose purple to begin with.
As for lucid dreams, i now know for sure 2 are lucid dreams, especially with the last 1 when i became aware it was a dream, i even said it to someone in my dream and he had a knowing smile as soon as I told him and I'm pretty sure he is 1 of my companions from my keep.
Thank you all so much you have all been a big help.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”