Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

During a very relaxed trance state after some much needed reiki work, I began hearing things. I say "things" because whenever i actively tried to make out what was said, it would become far off...but when I went back to the trance state the auditory experience would come back. I could hear a few words louder than others, but again, I couldn't truly make out anything memorable because I couldn't focus on them. It should also be noted that no one else was in the house, electronics weren't on, etc.

So, would you say this was budding Clairaudience or just a case of Pareidolia?

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

It could really be any of those two. Although if your mind is calm and you're in a trance, I'd be inclined to say it's clairaudience.
The only real way to check is to work on it and when you can hear properly, verify everything.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:It could really be any of those two. Although if your mind is calm and you're in a trance, I'd be inclined to say it's clairaudience.
The only real way to check is to work on it and when you can hear properly, verify everything.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the response by the way. I just wanted to know if others with Clairaudience had experienced this, and if it was common with Clairaudience or if there was some sort of telltale sign it was just mental tom-foolery. :P

- Muse
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ishvala wrote: and if it was common with Clairaudience or if there was some sort of telltale sign it was just mental tom-foolery. :P
Well, you could listen and feel for rhythmic sounds/movements and see if anything matches the words.
I totally trained my body to interpret muscle movement as words, which is a bad bad bad bad thing. I'm basically Pavlov's dog just with pareidolia instead of a bell :P
So matching rhythm might be a telltale sign it's pareidolia.
But my experiences with Clairaudience are that in the beginning you only make out words and you need to learn to tune into the frequencies of the talks and keep yourself there.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
Ishvala wrote: and if it was common with Clairaudience or if there was some sort of telltale sign it was just mental tom-foolery. :P
Well, you could listen and feel for rhythmic sounds/movements and see if anything matches the words.
I totally trained my body to interpret muscle movement as words, which is a bad bad bad bad thing. I'm basically Pavlov's dog just with pareidolia instead of a bell :P
So matching rhythm might be a telltale sign it's pareidolia.
But my experiences with Clairaudience are that in the beginning you only make out words and you need to learn to tune into the frequencies of the talks and keep yourself there.
Ohhhhhh I see your point. Yeah for me it sounded truly random, there wasn't a sense of tune or rhythm to it. It was more like faintly hearing every other word from a conversation three doors down from your own apartment. You know it's there, and it's some type of talking or conversation, but it was so broken and faint that words were hard to actually make out.

- Muse

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”