Summary of experiences: Darkness is like poison

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

And besides in a state without struggle everything would pursue its passions, they would build wonders and create many different things. Driven by the inspiration to improve.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

LittleGreenIcon wrote:Have you ever considered that since you "destroyed" you shadow self and "darkness" makes you ill its just the repressed parts of you that you are trying to hard to keep down resurfacing?
Emphasis added. This is why I tried to tell him in other threads that he was not through dealing with this. Rather than working through it he continues to try to suppress, block, and cut it out. I believe his symptoms will worsen as time goes on because he is not facing this in a healthy manner. Adding Zoroastrianism into the mix is only going to worsen it.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Aprophis wrote:
Wizard wrote: "In practice, despite the doctrine of free choice, Zoroastrians are so constantly involved in a meticulous struggle against the contamination of death and the thousand causes of defilement and against the threat, even in sleep, of ever-present demons that they do not often believe that they are leading their lives freely and morally."
Death is a part of existence unless you're an Immortal. Cutting it out of your life is impossible. Two sides of a coin.

There has to be death for you to live. Everything you eat, dead. The cells in your body die constantly. Viruses and Bacteria in your body get killed constantly. Death is all around you, always.
Agreed. The view of death being espoused by Wizard in multiple threads is unhealthy and misguided. Death is a natural part of life, as is decay, disease, and destruction. Those things he believes are "dark" and that he associates as being "evil" are normal facts of life, and are necessary for additional growth and evolution. There is no morality at play, nothing evil to be found there. That idea is the result of a western society that pushes death to the fringe and rejects it until one has to finally confront it when it finally happens to them or someone near them. It's sad, honestly.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
Wizard wrote: Except I haven't done any 'rites' related to Zoro yet, also people don't have to reveal every single detail about some things. The main detail is reaffirmation of all beliefs and restoring order.
Reaffirmations don't remove the energies.
They just shift your focus away from them. They don't cut you off, you just stop having them in your focus.
Banishing is what you should be doing to get those energies away.
Wizard wrote:The article probably meant more metaphorically in the sense of what people think are 'the cons', but the pros are that extropy can help bring improvements to life and possibly one day inspire even through things like science to stop aging and eradicate all scarcity or struggle entirely.
Wizard wrote: "In practice, despite the doctrine of free choice
That means it's not metaphorical, because it's practice. It's the most literal it can be.
Also I have to say when you eradicate all struggle there will be no need for growth and you can prepare for eternal stagnation and then rot from the inside without even noticing because you become so complacent you'll never want to change.
Expanding on what I said about the principle of extropy it probably depends on how you follow it and how rigorously, take for example if you were doing science and just had it as 'the end goal' you would mainly be directing your research into things that contribute to extropy.

If not then it could just simply be a 'purpose in life', like some people complain they don't see anything. But this especially is a good one, to work towards as mentioned for a 'purpose in life': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extropianism

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Aside the 'pros' you could say are 'good works over the religion you follow', its kind of like the inverted version of Protestanism's 'faith alone, not good works'.

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23

I think its more like venom then poison.Yes you would feel better without it and when you get effected by it it causes harm but like venom some or more resistant if not immune to it depending on the form like one person is effected more by anger then fear and another would be the opposite and some would be effected by nether or at least not enough to leave a scar.And like venom if you withstand enough of it you could become resistant if not immune to it even if it leaves a scar being too potent when your hit with it out of the blue.So one's personal darkness if they can control it and withstand it make it like anti-venom which is made from venom to begin with and can help heal wounds caused by it not just in yourself but in others like someone who was once in a dark place emotionally being able to pull someone elts out of the same dark place knowing what they may be feeling and knowing how to help from experience.Just my view one the topic which seems more accurate.

Blessed be

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Used the incorrect wording, a better one I mean to describe Extropy is as ‘something to aim for’ or ‘an ideal to live up to for’ everybody and society aside from being a good purpose in life.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:
Aprophis wrote:
Wizard wrote: "In practice, despite the doctrine of free choice, Zoroastrians are so constantly involved in a meticulous struggle against the contamination of death and the thousand causes of defilement and against the threat, even in sleep, of ever-present demons that they do not often believe that they are leading their lives freely and morally."
Death is a part of existence unless you're an Immortal. Cutting it out of your life is impossible. Two sides of a coin.

There has to be death for you to live. Everything you eat, dead. The cells in your body die constantly. Viruses and Bacteria in your body get killed constantly. Death is all around you, always.
Agreed. The view of death being espoused by Wizard in multiple threads is unhealthy and misguided. Death is a natural part of life, as is decay, disease, and destruction. Those things he believes are "dark" and that he associates as being "evil" are normal facts of life, and are necessary for additional growth and evolution. There is no morality at play, nothing evil to be found there. That idea is the result of a western society that pushes death to the fringe and rejects it until one has to finally confront it when it finally happens to them or someone near them. It's sad, honestly.
Eh the quotes or citations do not entirely speak for all that I’m espousing but I wanted to give you a perspective.

However speaking ‘instinct wise’ or ‘what does your instinct tell you at core and in base level’, you can say it’s what mine says and it happens to be by ‘coincidence’ lol identical.

To explain to you about the religions or give you an insight:

Before discovering Abrahamic concepts they were even moreso like that. Essentially in Christianity they say the ideas is you have a ‘redeemer’ and ‘saviour’ who makes things like ritual cleanliness, doing all these things or the ‘struggle against the onslaught of death’ obsolete.

Whether Jesus is the messiah predicted by the religion is up to debate but I’m leaning to yes, especially with the 3 wise men?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Death is not an opponent to defeat, it is the natural next step in your spiritual journey. No amount of praying, belief, ritual cleansing or any other thing can change that you are mortal and will eventually die. Death is merely an alchemical transformation to spirit, whereupon we continue our individual journeys, whatever that may be.

That said I am not going to have any religious debates, as it's not really productive. If religion is where you find comfort, that's great. I only advise to be careful of delusion and misinterpretation.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think I have a good definition, I'm most likely referring to 'darkness' or influences as in 'the forces of Entropy/Decay in life'.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”