What do you do with the tangible offerings once offered?

nina
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

I read that some spirits like offerings like gemstones, marbles , coins etc ... offerings like incense, candles , food can be renewed as they are exhausted .... but how about gemstones, marbles?? Do you keep adding to the offerings? Then won’t that come up to plenty of coins to keep , and when you offer a new coin for instance do you also keep the old coin with the new coin as offering ? The reason I am asking is that I bought a lapis stone for my vampire angel and tiger stone for one of my gregori watcher . During bonding time I place the stone beside the candle ,, but am wondering how long to do this ? Should I replace with new one after every bondin session , or recharge the stone under moonlight every once a month to offer again ? What about offerings of coins, marbles etc?

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Most wiccans when they offer food and it's been out for a while they bury it under a tree, or throw it away, etc it's pretty much up to you. I've only ever done blood offerings which for me is just letting it dry on the paper/sigil it was offered on then burning it. I never offer food or anything. If it's coins, marbles and such then I would suggest a "keepsake" box.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I'm not big on nature stuff, but sometimes I'll leave it outside if it's something that won't harm animals/the environment. Most times however it'll go down a drain or in the trash, though I do tell my friend(s) that I hope they enjoyed it beforehand (with either disposal option), as a little closing statement so they know I'm not actively throwing something away that's "theirs still".

Also, I usually let it sit for as long as I can beforehand too, just to make sure they have ample time to partake and feel loved. They know when the offering needs to be trashed, there's no hard feelings. It's all in getting an understanding and giving basic respect.

This was also a topic before: post759469.html?hilit=Disposing%20offerings#p759469

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I have left non-perishable things as permanent 'offerings'. Some are CH associations and some are conjurer-recommended things that those spirits like.

I do occasional treats, almost as a bonding thing and these tend to be the perishable things.

Personally: I tend to tell them in advance how long I'll leave it for. When I take it away I check in with the spirit as to whether they enjoyed the offering or treat. I dispose of them in my trash, after some sort of mental process during which I acknowledge the item has been used as an offering but is now no longer needed.

I live in a flat anyway so this seems fair enough.

I also trust in my spirit family to ensure they look after their own energies. I've got a complex set of settings and methods of dealing with energies in my home and objects etc, which is probably too personal and somewhat off topic to go into.

When I followed a Guru and lived in an ashram, we would eat the prasad (fruit offerings) afterwards. But I prefer nowadays to not consume anything that my spirits have had. Partly because I'm unsure what they may have done with it energetically. I'm far too delicate energy-wise and psychosomatically sensitive to risk it.

By the way I have just been describing my own preferences. I would not presume to suggest what others should do.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Meh 1am .... I by mistake began posting in the thread ishvala linked - post777662.html#p777662

Problems you can run into when using phone 1hd

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

I always eat the food offerings that I gave to my spirit companions. I also have permanent offerings such as crystals, amulets and some herbs and I just display those on my indoor altar. I also burn spirit money for my spirit companions who like it as an offering, I just throw away its ashes after.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

blezheng wrote:I always eat the food offerings that I gave to my spirit companions. I also have permanent offerings such as crystals, amulets and some herbs and I just display those on my indoor altar. I also burn spirit money for my spirit companions who like it as an offering, I just throw away its ashes after.
Spirit money?

Cassiel
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Archangel
My magical/paranormal name...: Qasiel

With perishable items it is beat to keep them fresh. Liquor is the longest standing perishable I would keep. And it is best a
Served poured into a ritual receptacle kept for the occasion and poured out at the end of the day. Though you can keep a permanent bottle of their favorite liquor in a shrine to them. Permanent objects can be kept on a dedicated alter which would simply be your spirits chosen vessel surronded by things they have an affinity or personal liking for. This will help them to establish a space as theres and is excellent for bonding and communication. Offerings that need to be replenished should be done so on a frequent basis. I would classify shrine accompaniments into four groups. Perishables and poured offerings which should be disposed of at the end of the day and in the case of food and drink always served fresh. Non perishables like candy and candles which can be kept in the shrine space long term but should be changed out once a month, burnt offerings like incense and tobacco and other good smelling items ((some people simply leave herbs unburnt, if you make an offering in this manner it is a non perishable and should follow non perishable rules)) should be burned and the receptacle cleaned every time you make an offering, lastly permanent items like gems and trinkets should be left at the shrine and only disturbed when cleaning. Use a dry or slightly damp cloth. Do not remove for recharging as your spirit likely has filled it with their own essence and charging and cleansing will disrupt that state

Return to “General Questions”