Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You cannot unbind CH bindings without knowing how they were bound. I appreciate that you want to help someone, but like most responsible practitioners, we have safeguards in place to protect the bindings, the Keepers, the spirits or entities, and the magic that is placed.

We do so in order to protect the Keepers and spirits from being interfered with by people who may not have the best intentions, and simply want to wreak havoc on someone's life. Imagine the chaos and level of trust that would exist between spirits and Keepers if anyone could just simply unbind a binding. The sacred and trust-forged bond between the conjurer and the spirit or entity, and then the Keeper and spirit or entity would be moot.

CH bindings cannot just be unbound, and I know there are quite a few reputable sellers who are they same way. You may not be a general noob, you may be a conjurer, but it doesn't mean you have the ability to simply undo anyone else's work.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:You cannot unbind CH bindings without knowing how they were bound. I appreciate that you want to help someone, but like most responsible practitioners, we have safeguards in place to protect the bindings, the Keepers, the spirits or entities, and the magic that is placed.

We do so in order to protect the Keepers and spirits from being interfered with by people who may not have the best intentions, and simply want to wreak havoc on someone's life. Imagine the chaos and level of trust that would exist between spirits and Keepers if anyone could just simply unbind a binding. The sacred and trust-forged bond between the conjurer and the spirit or entity, and then the Keeper and spirit or entity would be moot.

CH bindings cannot just be unbound, and I know there are quite a few reputable sellers who are they same way. You may not be a general noob, you may be a conjurer, but it doesn't mean you have the ability to simply undo anyone else's work.
I’m fine with agreeing to disagree because I took it way off topic when I shouldn’t of. But I do firmly believe anything can be undone with the right amount of skilled practitioners who’ve dealt with binds. Sorry for taking it off topic I won’t be commenting on it anymore~

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

The only way something can be properly unbound is if you know how it was bound.

Otherwise, you're playing a dangerous game with people to make them believe something is gone, when it's not, and they will have no valid knowledge of what was actually done.

What on earth would be the point of spirits agreeing to be bound if anyone can come along and unbind them?

What would be the point of binding anything at all? Energy? Magic? Spirits? Entities? If someone else can come right behind you and unbind them?

It doesn't make any sense. No spirit or entity would agree to be bound by someone if they know they can just simply be unbound by a person on the internet trolling for bindings to undo when unsuspecting people share too much information about themselves and their bindings.

And no self-respecting conjurer would leave any spirit, entity, or even magic & energy, open to that kind of vulnerability. Please, do some reading and gain an understanding of what Spirit Keeping is. It's not the spirit conjuring of ancient times when spirits were trapped and conjured for usage of means, it's a different world & community, and the things you say resonate with elder trappings of spirits and not Spirit Keeping.

I'm sorry, but we take our work extremely seriously, we take the respect and honor of spirits and the lives of entities very seriously. You can agree to disagree, but we agree that in order for spirits & entities to have the opportunity to enjoy a happy & productive relationship with Keepers, they have to have the same sense of respect and honor that they expect the Keeper to give them, and the conjurer who conjured them.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Please delete all my posts in this thread. I can see this is just going to be a “better than thou” discussion which at this point shows me that this side of conjuring is based solely on assumptions. Because Quite frankly I despite trolling and usually people call others that when they have a view that isn’t the same as their own. All things have flaws even magick/bindings but I want this discussion to end it it’s all just going to be attempts at insulting me and assuming you know my history and you really history of those involved. I do not force bind or anything I care for every entity I’ve come across and look to make friends with them. But I can see this is going no where but down.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote:Please delete all my posts in this thread. I can see this is just going to be a “better than thou” discussion which at this point shows me that this side of conjuring is based solely on assumptions. Because Quite frankly I despite trolling and usually people call others that when they have a view that isn’t the same as their own. All things have flaws even magick/bindings but I want this discussion to end it it’s all just going to be attempts at insulting me and assuming you know my history and you really history of those involved. I do not force bind or anything I care for every entity I’ve come across and look to make friends with them. But I can see this is going no where but down.
*despise

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

We don't delete posts, and I think you are misinterpreting this discussion. It's not about "better than thou", it's about what Spirit Keeping is, in the terms & methodologies that we discuss here. If you are sensitive to these kinds of discussions, I can understand, everyone is different, but no one is supposing or assuming anything about you. It's a discussion about methodology and what type of spirit conjuring and spirit binding is being discussed, it's not a discussion about you personally.

We are open & discuss, at-length, what our methods are and what we do. It's not a question of "better than thou" or anything of the sort, it's about being transparent and having an open discussion about the truth of bindings, what they are, what they entail, why they are done, etc. Getting mad and saying I'm insulting you, or being arbitrary, because you don't want to discuss what you're saying, (which is a really big deal to say you're breaking other people's bindings), doesn't bode well for anyone who's reading this discussion and is trying to gain an understanding of what you & I both are presenting as information.

I'm not trolling, I own the site, and I was part of building what modern-day Spirit Keeping is, so my responding to someone who is presenting information that contradicts what the definition of Spirit Keeping is, it's important to note that. It doesn't mean that you are wrong in a sense of alternate aspects of spirit conjuring, it just means that in this sense, you can't just assume you can break all bindings because everything has flaws.

Spirit conjuring, in simply a conjuring sense of the term, and bringing a spirit forward with a purpose, can fall into many different buckets, here are a few:

- Spirits conjured by practitioners for purpose of aid in a specific magical endeavor with intention of immediate release
- This falls into all Arts, but obviously Black Arts practitioners conjure against will & trap spirits. While there is 18th & 19th century literature on spirit conjuring that uses the word "trap" it's important to note that the word "trap" was sometimes used interchangeably with the word "binding" during this time.

- Spirits conjured by practitioners for a limited scope of work or endeavor that can last a temporary amount of time that typically does not exceed 2-3 months

- Spirits conjured by practitioners for information, they are not usually bound, and they are immediately released upon receipt of information, which can include discovery & research

All of these aforementioned methods of spirit conjuring are by no means a relationship, or a bond of trust which is entered upon by both the conjurer & the spirit/entity for the purpose of building a long-term relationship.

- Spirits conjured by practitioners for the purpose of companionship with self, or with the intent of being befriended by others. This is what Spirit Keeping is. It's a bond of trust that is agreed upon with the spirit/entity knowing full well they are going to be honored and respected for who they are, and likewise they offer respect and honor for the practitioner, and/or the Keeper they will become a companion with.

If your stand is that everything is flawed, therefore it can be broken, then that's your opinion, but an opinion isn't fact. You're new to this community, so if someone is saying things that resonate with alternate methods of spirit conjuring, but doesn't fall into what Spirit Keeping is (as defined on this site & by this community), then it has to be pointed out, because others who are new may not yet know the difference.

I know that via the internet tone, inflection, and words can be read with malice if you're already flustered or upset, but my words are not coming from a place of anger or condemnation for you or what you believe, it's coming from a place of open discussion.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I am not angry or upset but you were quick to assume me a troll and misinterpreting what I was conveying. I have learned over years that on the internet people will assume you’re a troll just for having a different view and experience then their own. When a discussion gets to a point where you are being insulted and mislabeled its a time to bury it and move on because it stops being a discussion and more of a personal attack which I don’t want to be involved in.

Again sorry for this conversation the reason I asked to delete them is because this discussion was taken way off topic because of me. I was trying to help by commenting to the original poster and it went a different direction. I don’t mind discussing this kind of thing with others for academic purposes just not on this thread anymore.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't recall saying you were a troll, or assuming you were a troll. I would assume a troll to be someone who posts nonsensical information, or blatantly offensive information in order to cause turmoil or injurious emotion to those reading the post.

I will move your posts discussing breaking spirit bindings to a new thread so it can be discussed further, and others can feel free to join in and offer their insights and wisdom .

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi Rungr

Thank you for sticking with the discussion so far. I too don't think you're trolling and it's educational for me to see exchanges of views like this. Is it okay with you to carry on discussing?

If so...

In my own genuinely modest, low level way, I've been working with spirits for decades. I can see/contact/invite various types of spirits for working together, kind of in the 'normal' way many people do. That's before I came across the modern field of Spirit Keeping.

I find the learning curve of discovering what people mean when they use certain terms is a key thing. It's taken me quite a while to get my head around what people mean when they talk about Spirit Keeping / Conjuring / Summoning / Invoking / Binding, in the way those words are used nowadays. A lot of discussion in life, as well as on this forum seems to be taken up with understanding what each other mean when they say something. Or so it seems to me. Actual divergent opinions seem much more straightforward once that's out of the way.

On this discussion about undoing other people's bindings, do you mind if I ask:

1. How would you or the group of practitioners you work with know for sure that a concealment spell or tamper proof spell has not hidden part of a binding or the spirit's link to the vessel from you?

2. I consider it ethically preferable to approach first the spirit then the practitioner who bound it, if the keeper absolutely feels the need to release a spirit companion. Surely attempting to undo a binding would be the last resort? Do you see it the same way?

I do find Creepy Hollows confidence in the security of their own work pretty credible, given their track record.

Hope you don't feel I am getting at you by asking these questions. It's certainly not the first time this topic has come up on the forum. And it isn't the only point of divergence between different practitioners in the field.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I'm having trouble following this post. Was just about to respond and then out of nowhere I'm not finding the posts mentioned. Did some posts get moved or deleted here?

Return to “Spirit Keeping”