Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I hope things work out for you Regholdain. I've had big issues with resistance myself and it sounds like that may be one thing you're experiencing now. I've acquired quite a few techniques on dealing with resistance. So I hope you don't mind me offering some recommendations and that it's not too long to read.

These are all techniques I've picked up from teachers or authors, not just my own ideas. Hope something in there is useful or gives you some ideas...

1. Try not to resist the resistance
2. Grounding when there is a feeling of energy being stuck
3. Forgiveness
4. Extra grounding techniques
5. Spirit family contact

Try not to resist the resistance

There is a very subtle trick that can be used. Instead of wanting or trying to stop the resistance, try instead to stop resisting it. This is described in different ways that really amount to the same thing. Another way to put it is to accept that the resistance is there and that there's nothing wrong with that. That can help get you out of a battle with it.

(In military strategy or martial arts terms this would be equivalent to giving the enemy nothing to fight against, leading into emptiness etc. In Buddhist type terms, it's using letting go to attachment to results as a psychological tool to ease into acceptance.)

Juts look for a very slight moment of easing of that at first. As time goes by you may see longer or greater easing or reduction of it.

Grounding when there is a feeling of energy being stuck

It sounds like you have been having very good, somatic / strongly felt grounding exercises previously.

So when grounding, another work-around is to go through the motions of the grounding exercise, imagining 'how would this be like if I was able do it properly'. Or something similar. The mind can visualise and enact things with virtually no effort involved. Just let the energy do what it can. Don't expect too much.

Forgiveness

There's a thing with forgiveness too. If you don't feel able to forgive yourself (which can be seen as another form of resistance), you can simply affirm 'I'd like to be *able* to forgive myself'. Again this can short circuit the psychological stuckness / resistance and enable you to get on with your life.

Extra grounding techniques

The method of grounding you describe sounds very similar to the method taught by the Berkeley Psychic Institute since the 1970s. Anyway in that method a grounding cord is sent down from the base chakra to the centre of the Earth. (That's the main thing. Sometimes also sending cords from the 2 feet chakras In the arches of the feet.)

In The Grounding Book by Josh Schultz he expands on this basic technique and explains simply how we can use grounding cords to ground any part of us or even any thought that bothers us. Grounding can help release stuck or excess or foreign energy.

Spirit family contact

The CH tips on spirit keeping say we should just relax, be ourselves and not worry too much about quiet times between us and our spirits. Again, an affirmative attitude of 'this is not necessarily good and not necessarily bad' can help get around being stuck on wanting things to be different than they are. The affirmation I was taught is "This is not necessarily good and not necessarily bad - I've already got the greatest gift there is. I'm alive."

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

draco_star898 wrote:Talk therapy is also incredibly helpful depending on how comfortable you are with the idea.
There are online "talk therapy" groups too. When I went through a divorce I was on https://www.dailystrength.org/ and it helped immensely.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Talk therapy definitely is a boon, especially if we have developed self-hating and self-destructive thought patterns. We not only have to eliminate the thought habits that we use to harm ourselves, we must replace them with healthy thought patterns. If we don’t build healthy thought hygiene, those old harmful patterns will zoom right back in because that’s how we had gotten used to mentally processing everything.

Someone who’s trained in helping people rebuild their mental habits, and helping them create healthy responses to symptom flares, is an invaluable resource.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
Try not to resist the resistance

There is a very subtle trick that can be used. Instead of wanting or trying to stop the resistance, try instead to stop resisting it. This is described in different ways that really amount to the same thing. Another way to put it is to accept that the resistance is there and that there's nothing wrong with that. That can help get you out of a battle with it.
This was another huge thing I was thought by my companions. Letting go of the resistance and allowing yourself to just sit in the experience and feeling allows the energy to flow and not get stuck or repressed. We tend to try and block off and ignore what's hurting us, but that can actually start manifesting as pain in the area of holding. Also another problem is that once the block is settled it gets harder to move and takes more work to get the area to flow freely again.

Its definitely work bc it isn't an easy thing to allow ourselves to feel so deeply, especially if you were raised in such away that made free expression a challenge bc of other people's pressure and pain points. Allowing is probably one of the biggest challenges we face, alongside acceptance.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mmm aside from what others have said, and Lewk's list:
Lewk wrote: These are all techniques I've picked up from teachers or authors, not just my own ideas. Hope something in there is useful or gives you some ideas...

1. Try not to resist the resistance
2. Grounding when there is a feeling of energy being stuck
3. Forgiveness
4. Extra grounding techniques
5. Spirit family contact
Have you tried dissolving the barrier, or whatever that is, with other energy? Considering the crown is problematic, how about instead of earth core, try something from the top (solar, celestial, heavenly, etc)?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

It’s also OK to allow ourselves to, as a FB friend phrased it, “feel all the feels”. I went to the burial service of a dear friend last month, and the heartbreak of his completely-unexpected passing reared right up. My daily Tarot Card was 3 of Swords the next day, which deals with grief and sadness. My FB friend said, correctly, to give myself permission to feel all the emotions attendant upon burying a dear friend. Sometimes, letting the waves wash over and through us, and acknowledging it, is the way we need to deal with those emotions.

Certainly, when something’s deeply bothering me, but I try to ignore and deny it with “LA LA LA LA I’M FINE, NO PROBLEMS HERE!”, that’s when I start getting migraines, stomach problems, etc. My physical body starts expressing the distress that my brain is trying to ignore and deny. So I might as well just acknowledge what’s hurting me if I want to deal with it the right way and not get sick.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “General Questions”