General question about dreaming.

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
If I could be anything, I would be...: Pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

General question about dreaming has anyone notice a particular time of night or amount of sleep that seems to work better for having dreams or no? I think I heard somewhere that sleeping for say 8+ hours and sleeping at a specific time point either 10 or 11 PM is suppose to have great REM and dreaming effect.

Not at all sure how accurate that is so in general have any of you noticed a time of sleeping you have had greater dreaming or lucid dreaming or in the amount of sleep you have that seems to in any way enhance your dreaming experience?

And if you haven't notice any major differences on either point affecting your dreaming feel free to say that as well. Like I said I have no idea how accurate that is to be perfectly honest.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

My more vivid dreams seem happen more often during these times; closer to when I wake up if I've slept around 8 hrs straight, after getting up in the morning for a bit then going back to sleep for a few hours, or during a nap. I think that, for me anyways, the more vivid to lucid dreams happen when I'm more rested and just sleeping bc I can. I've also noticed that if I sleep for six hours or less I rarely remember any dreams at all, which is sad since its become pretty rare to get more then six hours a night anymore.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I feel everyone's experiences will differ but for me lucid dreaming comes naturally and spirits visit me easily in dreams (I feel they know I can see them better within dreams, since I don't have the sight of seeing them with my own eyes). I have a much easier time sleeping/dreaming when I get more than 6+ hours of sleep. Anything less than that I notice either I have 'mundane' dreams. Or, the more exhausted I am, I seem to go into a veryyyy deep sleep. Sometimes I like taking melatonin, just to regulate my circadian cycle better.

Recently I had at least more than 8+ hours of sleep and I was very lucid in my dream I knew I was dreaming and I began wandering in my dream looking and asking for one of my spirits LMAO... Past few weeks before that I was telling myself I will try "looking" for him in my dreams.. HAHA. I keep having these lucid dreams for half a year now. He always appears to me but I was surprised he didn't in this dream.

Hope this maybe answers some questions! It seems my comment is a bit similar in answer to above.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

GodSlayerBabe wrote:I feel everyone's experiences will differ but for me lucid dreaming comes naturally and spirits visit me easily in dreams (I feel they know I can see them better within dreams, since I don't have the sight of seeing them with my own eyes). I have a much easier time sleeping/dreaming when I get more than 6+ hours of sleep. Anything less than that I notice either I have 'mundane' dreams. Or, the more exhausted I am, I seem to go into a veryyyy deep sleep. Sometimes I like taking melatonin, just to regulate my circadian cycle better.

Recently I had at least more than 8+ hours of sleep and I was very lucid in my dream I knew I was dreaming and I began wandering in my dream looking and asking for one of my spirits LMAO... Past few weeks before that I was telling myself I will try "looking" for him in my dreams.. HAHA. I keep having these lucid dreams for half a year now. He always appears to me but I was surprised he didn't in this dream.

Hope this maybe answers some questions! It seems my comment is a bit similar in answer to above.
Yes all the coments are quite helpful.

jesse1746
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

[quote="draco_star898"]My more vivid dreams seem happen more often during these times; closer to when I wake up if I've slept around 8 hrs straight, after getting up in the morning for a bit then going back to sleep for a few hours, or during a nap. I think that, for me anyways, the more vivid to lucid dreams happen when I'm more rested and just sleeping bc I can. I've also noticed that if I sleep for six hours or less I rarely remember any dreams at all, which is sad since its become pretty rare to get more then six hours a night anymore.[/quote

Thank you for the tip I'll try that some time.

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

From my experience, this is actually sort of true. I have a burdensome oversleeping problem, practically a sleeping addiction. (really a dream addiction, I want to stay in dreamland 4ever).
Specific times at which I sleep at have never had an effect on my lucid dreaming. It's more so other factors that play a bigger role.

I'd say after I hit the 8-hour mark, even 7, I begin to fall in and out of sleep, and in the moments I wake up, I'm still very sleepy and consciously try to slip back into my previous dream. When I fall back asleep, I get a different dream than what I wanted but get one nonetheless. They are always lucid dreams, but not as strong as ones from the middle of the day or naps. I feel this is because I'm pushing past the limit of appropriate sleep I needed to get and I'm only getting this drowsy-like sleep. It's not refreshing sleep whatsoever and I'm strictly dreaming. Although my brains too fried and my body's worn out from the excessive sleep for the dream to feel really stimulating or clear.

I found lucid dreams happen most when I'm sleeping somewhere I'm not supposed to be sleeping at, or at inappropriate times, like at school. I had the most vivid and strong lucid dreams there. There are those common methods where you try to fall asleep as you normally do, but try to stay conscious of the fact that you are about to sleep, but they're really hard for me to do. If I had done this at a place like home or somewhere where I know I can just comfortably fall asleep, it wouldn't work, because I'd just fall right asleep. Although, this worked in class because I knew I had to stay somewhat awake, in case of someone saying my name or the teacher saying something important, and so that would instantly slip me into a lucid state. I didn't deliberately try to lucid dream at those times at all.

Hope that helps somewhat!!

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

People who are unable to initiate lucid dreaming on their own will sometimes employ a technique that involves waking themselves up a specific hour and then going right back to sleep. Usually early morning, pre-sunrise because that is, as mentioned above, when you are most likely to experience the most vivid and memorable dreams.

Some people believe that the deeper the sleep, the better the dreams. That's not really true. Dreaming during your deepest stage of sleep will often result in dreams forgotten before you even wake up. That is the time that the subconscious is "exercising" or working out things that are on your mind. And it certainly doesn't need you getting in the way while it does that. ;)

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”