new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hazel

I Wanted to know how everyone decides which spirit is right for them.

SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

There are a bunch of subjects on that question here on the forums as well as on the encyclopedia site.

In a nut shell.. some people feel a spirit call or reach out to them. Some people choose a spirit based on its skills with certain magicks or skills.

Have you meditated yet just to see if someone is trying to reach out to you?

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Welcome to CH. Usually people choose spirits by considering, which arts they belong to, what are their abilities like, how the spirits can help in their life situations, or by people's own preference of certain spirits. Some people, at the other hand, will get spirits through reverse adoptions or rescue. In certain cases, the unbound sprits comes to the keeper.

If you spend time reading the forums, especially beginners and spirit keeping sections of the forum, you will get the basic idea of what is it all about.

Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

Personally, any entity is kind of "right" for me in the sense, the idea of DA, WA, etc don't really have much weight when it comes to the entities I work with or the entities that work with me. So it mostly depends on the individual I suppose.

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

Rungr wrote:Personally, any entity is kind of "right" for me in the sense, the idea of DA, WA, etc don't really have much weight when it comes to the entities I work with or the entities that work with me. So it mostly depends on the individual I suppose.
I'm different in this respect. I'll admit when I chose my first spirit it was just a flip of the coin so to speak, and turned out to be DA. But, after that feeling when we began to bond.. like the moment you are about to go down a drop on a roller coaster.. but all day long... (some people feel nauseous) I felt exhilarated. And I have been drawn to DA ever since. :)

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor

I usually skim the encyclopedia, see if anything catches my eye. If after 7 days I still am fascinated by the mere names of any races that I get a mini heart attack just looking at their names I know I have to have them...

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

This article addresses the question well.
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... artlang=en

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Carcar97
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Hazel

SpyderBite wrote: Have you meditated yet just to see if someone is trying to reach out to you?
I have to say I am very impressed with the comments I received from this question. Thank you! I appreciate every response.
Yes I have begun meditating. That's how I came upon CH. I was always having a conversation with someone, whenever I was meditating, lately I have begun to pay more attention to this voice. Not sure who they are but I feel like they have been with me for a while. I've started choosing some spirits on CH to try. One name specifically called out to me and I wasn't sure if I should follow that call or not. I do not want the spirit to be too much for me (being a beginner and all)

Raavak
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 12
Zodiac:

You can rest assured that the spirit will want what's best for you, too. Whichever you choose let your hopes and fears be known to it and they will likely adjust. Also, in the encyclopedia there are some suggestions for reigning in more rambunctious spirits.

InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Hello all, and well met.

I've been lurking for a bit and have reached a bit of a... what do you call a fork in the road with 40 different options?...

I suppose I was waiting to feel comfortable before seeking guidance from those with more experience.

Quick backstory: my youth was riddled with precog and divination. Confirmed by my mother, and hidden once I realized it wasn't socially accepted. Early teens to young adult years I became experienced as an empath and discovered how to bend reality. Things quickly got beyond my control, and alcoholism set in. It was the only way to avoid what i saw to be an inevitable catastrophe born of innate abilities and a lack of guidance and/or self control.

Meat and potatoes: I am posting this here because for whatever reason, about 3 months ago, I began researching how to conjure a djinn. I eventually ended up here (I'm just gonna chalk that up to subconscious prayers being answered by the universe)

I would like to begin spirit/entity companionship as the dog in my brain is beginning to dissipate and I know that I will need help along the way. Therapy is helping, cant knock that, but theres things you just dont tell the shrink.

Logic (and yes, I am a creature of logic) tells me that I should choose a helpful, beginner companion as a unicorn or a type of angel or fae. I'm however being drawn more and more towards a djinn. My brain sees this as an error, but there are practically tangible strings pulling me away from that.

I will greatly appreciate any and all insight, criticism and advice.

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”