Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Best version of me
Zodiac:

Hi all,

So after receiving multiple recommendations to look into other beings, I decided to have a browse through most of the beings listed on the E-pedia, I will likely stick with my first friend for now, practising with communication and adjusting etc, but following are the beings I feel relatively comfortable with at this stage, were I to arrange to meet more beings, it would be one, two, or all of the ones I will mention here, looking through the creature section, I was hoping to find a wolf and a raven / crow, not sure why, I just like the combination, unfortunately I did not see a raven listing, but those available that stuck out to me were the Duojna wolf, strong protection, the Western Glass dragon, the information for this dragon was slightly cryptic, but I get the feeling that healing would be involved somehow, maybe one day I will see if I can get a response from one, the Western Silver dragon, luck, happiness and just plain awesome, Western Bronze dragon, protection, Petschke dragon, brilliant mix of protection and healing, Volkh, brilliant mix of protection and healing, Hoblet, curiously unique, but likely a strong additional style of protection / healing, Genius Loci, house guarding, Deva, happiness and healing, Kinnara, soothing / balance, Golem, seek / learn information, Eurono faery, cooking compadre, Sirinia faery, healing / health and good luck, Butterfly faery, healing, Tyala faery, grounding / stress relief, Waif faery, energy / health, Lanti faery, earth energy, Zeo faery, lunar energy, Woodland elf, protection / bonding, Idelkyth, powerful healing, I have noticed a bit of a pattern with these choices, so I am curious if such could reveal anything of the path I am most suited for at this stage, in any case, I will not meet them all in one go, likely taking my time, but should I meet them all, managing to find a raven companion, and be accepted by the western glass and the Idelkyth, what are some good ways to organise the family, and who would pair well with who in different community areas within the home etc, thank you.

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You'll love a silver dragon. I have one who is my past life/familiar and she is the kind of wise, counsellor friend I'm glad to have on my side.

And which path to go... Perhaps try your hand as a healer? You do have a lot of healing spirits in your list.

If you feel drawn to certain animals, perhaps you can google spirit animals and their messages. They may be here to teach you something.

brutewhisky
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Sooty wrote:You'll love a silver dragon. I have one who is my past life/familiar and she is the kind of wise, counsellor friend I'm glad to have on my side.

And which path to go... Perhaps try your hand as a healer? You do have a lot of healing spirits in your list.

If you feel drawn to certain animals, perhaps you can google spirit animals and their messages. They may be here to teach you something.
I have ordered books on psychic energy ability, auras and chakras, nature books, druid books and reiki etc, so protection / healing / balance does seem to be a draw at this stage, as for the animals, I love the wolf, like I have an affinity for it, and have had a nagging curiosity that wont leave me alone concerning the raven / crow ever since I considered one as a potential companion, like there is something I want to find out about them, I am leaning towards the white arts, the only grey arts beings that felt interestingly possible as companions, were fenrir, hellhound, gargoyle, and perhaps a familiar temptation to some of you, in the form of a succubus, but that could just be because I thought they were "cool", and I have decided against meeting them for now.

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Those sounded like callings, the raven, wolf and crow. Raven, I remember, is a sign of change. Did you know that there is a "if you dont see the spirit you're looking for use this listing"?

brutewhisky
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Sooty wrote:Those sounded like callings, the raven, wolf and crow. Raven, I remember, is a sign of change. Did you know that there is a "if you dont see the spirit you're looking for use this listing"?
I did, though I never considered using it in this context, mentioning these things to the crew could be informative, I will keep that idea in mind.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

Managing a largish number of spirits in your 'family' or 'community' can be aided by having a master spirit who can coordinate, organise, mentor and support the others. Check out the CH Shop listing for Master Spirit. This is a binding of a spirit to act in this way.

Or you can get a spirit or spirits who are Leaders. (If you search for Leader in the shop you will see some spirit individuals who are described that way. All Depria Fae are leaders. )

There has been a recent addition that allows us to order Elders of a certain spirit type. They may or may not have Leader abilities or be suitable to be bound to act as a Master Spirit but they will be very experienced.

With the Master Spirit binding, you could consult CH on which being they think would be best for your needs, or whether one that you want as a companion anyway could also be conjured and bound to act as a master spirit for your spirit community.

Some spirits from other sellers are described as naturally having the ability to 'overlord' other spirits.

And you can get spirit keeping bindings from CH, some of which help all the spirits work well or coexist well together as a group. For example, if you have dark and white arts spirits, one binding helps them get along well energetically.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
brutewhisky
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:Hi

Managing a largish number of spirits in your 'family' or 'community' can be aided by having a master spirit who can coordinate, organise, mentor and support the others. Check out the CH Shop listing for Master Spirit. This is a binding of a spirit to act in this way.

Or you can get a spirit or spirits who are Leaders. (If you search for Leader in the shop you will see some spirit individuals who are described that way. All Depria Fae are leaders. )

There has been a recent addition that allows us to order Elders of a certain spirit type. They may or may not have Leader abilities or be suitable to be bound to act as a Master Spirit but they will be very experienced.

With the Master Spirit binding, you could consult CH on which being they think would be best for your needs, or whether one that you want as a companion anyway could also be conjured and bound to act as a master spirit for your spirit community.

Some spirits from other sellers are described as naturally having the ability to 'overlord' other spirits.

And you can get spirit keeping bindings from CH, some of which help all the spirits work well or coexist well together as a group. For example, if you have dark and white arts spirits, one binding helps them get along well energetically.
thank you, the Depria Fae option sounds interesting, I will look into that I think.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Raven / Wolf / Crow - Callings to Odin?

Just throwing that out there for an interesting twist. ;-)

Chances are the wolf and the raven are spirit animals. I think they can be ordered under custom creatures / familiars. I would be specific as to if you'd want a familiar, meaning an intelligence to help with certain magic, or a connection to a spirit guide or spirit animal more similar to a totem concept. I don't know if it makes much difference to CH but I would ask the Help Desk about it if you do approach it from purchasing a custom binding. On the other hand, you could simply pursue your spirit guide / animal and see if they match up.

I discovered early on that my spirit animal is the Octopus, so I requested a custom conjure Oceanid from CH that was half-octopus to help connect me with my spirit animal. Unfortunately, I honestly have pursued this very little, but the connection to the Water element, warding and cleansing is amazing.

You've got a lot of really great ideas where to expand and go next. You can't go wrong following your instincts.

Also, remember whatever path you might choose now - you're not locked into it. If you discover it's not working out, you can always change your mind. Keep that possible future in mind too when you pick your spirits. Don't invite them solely to support a particular aspect of your path. Be certain you want the spirit for more than that.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
brutewhisky
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:Raven / Wolf / Crow - Callings to Odin?

Just throwing that out there for an interesting twist. ;-)

Chances are the wolf and the raven are spirit animals. I think they can be ordered under custom creatures / familiars. I would be specific as to if you'd want a familiar, meaning an intelligence to help with certain magic, or a connection to a spirit guide or spirit animal more similar to a totem concept. I don't know if it makes much difference to CH but I would ask the Help Desk about it if you do approach it from purchasing a custom binding. On the other hand, you could simply pursue your spirit guide / animal and see if they match up.

I discovered early on that my spirit animal is the Octopus, so I requested a custom conjure Oceanid from CH that was half-octopus to help connect me with my spirit animal. Unfortunately, I honestly have pursued this very little, but the connection to the Water element, warding and cleansing is amazing.

You've got a lot of really great ideas where to expand and go next. You can't go wrong following your instincts.

Also, remember whatever path you might choose now - you're not locked into it. If you discover it's not working out, you can always change your mind. Keep that possible future in mind too when you pick your spirits. Don't invite them solely to support a particular aspect of your path. Be certain you want the spirit for more than that.
right now, protection and healing are desirable, and the mentioned beings feel more comfortable, I like the idea of a small fae community, a white way to get many benefits, the same with the dragon group, the western glass and the Idelkyth have a strong pull and or curiosity, as well as the Eurono faery who may pair well with my chef work, etc, etc, I think this group works, and for whatever reason, conscious or otherwise, I like this configuration, as for the animals, I am now feeling that binding such as companions is perhaps not the way, I read information about the spirit animals, including the deer and the eagle, I get the feeling I am at a point of change in my life, at a crossroads, or I have already started down a path coming off from a crossroads if that makes sense, I feel like, to some extent, I am just being swept along, fate or some force more in control than I am, like I have made choices already, and they are waiting to play out, I feel, either I have to keep my opens open for signs, or the message in the form of wolf / crow has already done its job, I don't know what happens next, I don't understand a lot, but something is happening, it is so strange.

brutewhisky
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

edit, " I feel, either I have to keep my eyes open for signs

Return to “Spirit Keeping”