Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Ok so today I visited a mall where I noticed there was a new age wellness exhibition going on. I got interested to check out the different stalls and happened to stop by a stall selling gemstones. There was a another customer, a lady who seemed to be very knowledgeable about lucid dreaming, psychic awareness and so on, so we got talking and after a while of talking about various topics like Astrology, Astral projection, gemstone information etc, I divulged to her that I am keeping spirits and how it started. She heard me out for a while and then I noticed she started getting a bit uncomfortable. To her this spirit keeping was new information and she has never heard of such before.. I felt like a fool on sharing this... She then told me that she felt uncomfortable when I was around and this has got something to do with the spirits I am keeping and hence I should send the spirit back to the seller. I asked her what does she mean, and Whether she found something threatening .. She said that she just feels the spirit(s) I have may not be doing good for me. I felt very disturbed on hearing this. Of course not, am not going to send my spirits back, but I felt so foolish on revealing that I keep spirits. I think she is an empath and today it was one of those days where I was feeling low, This does happen now and then and has nothing to do with my spirits. So I feel she just picked up on my feeling low today and felt that it was due to spirits that was in my keep. I on hearing what she said felt my mood sink further,,, I have decided never again in my life am I going to tell someone that I am a spirit keeper unless I am absolutely sure they are one themselves.

Sorry this was just a rant. And wanted to get this off my chest.. And whom better can I talk it out to except here :)

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

One more point is, if you didn't tell her about spirit keeping, she might not feel uncomfortable : p This possibility is if she is more bias than an empath though.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Sadly, most meta-oriented folks fall into two categories:

- never heard of spirit keeping
- dead-set against spirit keeping

We’ve had folks here who got into both meta and keeping simultaneously, and therefore don’t realize that only a fraction of a fraction of meta folks can say the same. So they happily share with their new coven or meetup group or classmates at the local meta store’s weekend workshop, and find themselves with an ex-coven, a meetup group unwilling to have them, and looking for a new meta store to shop in.

It sux. But it’s how things are. We have to maintain a sense of awareness of the audience, and “read the room” before sharing, because words can’t be un-said.

Sorry that you went through that. It’s a shame that people are like that.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

I'm sorry that happened to you, but think of this as a teaching lesson.

There are people out there that will push their beliefs on you, regardless of them being right or wrong. Most "new age" people you'll come across can be described as redefined Christians with shiny rocks. These people still hold onto Christian beliefs, but replace god with spirit, and such, seeing spirits as the religion would, with angels being all good and anything else being evil and trying to tempt you into doing wrong, etc, which are very prominent christian beliefs. They also fear what they don't understand.

I've come across too many of these people when I was first starting out on my path, and all too often I get shut down by these supposedly enlightened (read: holier than thou) people. I mentioned I worked with darker spirits to them, and when I was going through an intense awakening, the person I thought I could confide in told me I was being manipulated by the very beings with whom I had a deep bond, and that they were making me do/think things that were 'wrong'.

Another holier than thou-type woman had discovered my association with vampires, and she took me aside to a private reading room, where she verbally assaulted/abused me spitting all kinds of venomous hate at me, and basically saying that I was unwelcome at the shop and to never come back.( Note that she is not the shop owner, just a reader who works there.) I had to leave the shop immediately and go home.

My companions/spirit family were not happy with that, and soon I found out that she had lost her job not only in that crystal shop, but in other metaphysical stores on the area. She no longer had her website up, among other things, and basically feel off the face of the earth.

Your companions are there for you, they will always be there, and none of them would ever hurt you or turn on you. They have your back. Know that you are loved, and disregard anyone who says otherwise, as they are not you nor your spirits, and have no authority to speak for them.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

It's when reading things like this that I realise I am so lucky to have come across spirit keeping - the spirits themselves - and this community.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
nina
active contributor
active contributor

darkwing dook wrote:One more point is, if you didn't tell her about spirit keeping, she might not feel uncomfortable : p This possibility is if she is more bias than an empath though.
Not sure … I guess she was genuinely being open to me as I was open to her. She said that even before I revealed to her about my spirit keeping ,when I came beside her to check on the gemstones she felt negative vibes from me. But I do agree with the posts that say humans kill or fear anything they cannot understand. Some will openly state their thoughts, some will be quiet and just avoid me...So this piece of info is not going to be shared to anyone else I meet in person unless they are a spirit keeper themselves....

nina
active contributor
active contributor

Likes2Read wrote:Sadly, most meta-oriented folks fall into two categories:

We’ve had folks here who got into both meta and keeping simultaneously, and therefore don’t realize that only a fraction of a fraction of meta folks can say the same. So they happily share with their new coven or meetup group or classmates at the local meta store’s weekend workshop, and find themselves with an ex-coven, a meetup group unwilling to have them, and looking for a new meta store to shop in.

It sux. But it’s how things are. We have to maintain a sense of awareness of the audience, and “read the room” before sharing, because words can’t be un-said.

True I am one of them who was completely oblivious to what the meta community really knows. And now I know that I must not share this even to a very good psychic or medium.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Remember, not everyone knows the difference between negative energy and dark energy so they interpret anything darker as negative automatically when it's really not.

nina
active contributor
active contributor

draco_star898 wrote:Remember, not everyone knows the difference between negative energy and dark energy so they interpret anything darker as negative automatically when it's really not.
Good point, but does that mean most people feel uncomfortable around dark energy? I do have much more dark arts than WA..

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Sadly, most meta-oriented folks fall into two categories:

True I am one of them who was completely oblivious to what the meta community really knows. And now I know that I must not share this even to a very good psychic or medium.
I wouldn’t have known there’s an anti-keeping contingent out there, except I blithely googled “spirit keeping” when I first got on board with CH, and saw tons of posts on other meta forums mocking the whole concept, or else decrying it as “evil”, “slavery”, and worse. 8) I decided right then that I wasn’t going to out myself as a keeper except in spirit keeping communities. Who needs the drama? But now I perceive us as being on the fringe of the fringe... that even among the folks who accept “woo woo”, we’re considered “out there”. Which is sad, really, but human nature is what it is, and there’s no sense banging our heads against the wall trying to change it. All we’ll get is a stupendous headache.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “General Questions”