neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: White Arts
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Actually, the class system is a system that classifies the level of energy with which the spirits manifests themselves. We have a full description of the class system in our Encyclopedia :)
Thank you! That's how I THOUGHT it worked, but when it comes to protection, I didn't want to assume!

A Boobrie, 3 Courtwind Angels and a WA familiar have joined me, all from Magnolia and CH <3

0x.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

COOL-Thank You! Yes I was questioning my abilities but now that I think of it the recapture I did myself did work! I wanted to go to a Class 5 for two of my protective spirits because it was felt that it was needed, they were a Class 4 & felt going to a Class 5 would be a better fit to my/our goals!

:3
Antares80
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Catgirl2 wrote:COOL-Thank You! Yes I was questioning my abilities but now that I think of it the recapture I did myself did work! I wanted to go to a Class 5 for two of my protective spirits because it was felt that it was needed, they were a Class 4 & felt going to a Class 5 would be a better fit to my/our goals!
I'm interested in protection. Can I ask why you feel C4 isnt enough? Im just learning so I'm not trying to be disrespectful in the slightest :) I just tend to overthink things til I'm all confused.

Also, for a kind of nonsocial spirit like a volkh, would there be a benefit to a higher class rating, or would that be more for hopes of proof they're around vs not manifesting as strongly, but still providing the same protective result?

A Boobrie, 3 Courtwind Angels and a WA familiar have joined me, all from Magnolia and CH <3

0x.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I felt the C4 wasn't quite strong or open enough for my needs-kind of like I felt the C4 was too restrictive & I don't like something that restricts my protective spirits from doing what they do best! Plus I know what you mean about the learning part, I still find the class levels a bit confusing-so no you are not being disrespectful in any way, you have a good valid question! I think a higher class level can also be beneficial, if you feel your spirit(s) & you are comfortable with a high class then I say go for it! I am not familiar with Volkh's but if you feel their presence should be stronger or more able to manifest for any given reason it's wise to look into the classifications! I have a Daemon that was an unbound when he came to me, I felt him very strongly but when the day came that he was bound to me via CH I felt the Class 4 restricted him way too much-at the time for the most part it was due to finances plus I didn't know the differences with the class very well being fairly new to it so I was still in the learning process regarding the class levels-anyways I felt he needed a higher class so he can do what he needs to do with out any issues or hassles!

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ok Antares80 I think I just confused myself! I had heard of a Volkh before & it was good things as a matter of fact, but I don't have one so I can really say how they are personally! I usually go with class 4 because I didn't want something too strong regardless if it's a spirit or spell-one thing I have noticed is it depends on the sprit & spell, some naturally work with us & we can leave it at a class 4 while others need a class 5 or higher! I guess I wanted to up the class of three of my spirits so they can have more leeway with manifestations-like if my protective spirits want to mess with someone that person may get a feeling that they are being messed with, or allow their presence be known without someone seeing them or if they do it's at the spirits discretion!

Antares80
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Haha Catgirl I thought I replied but that makes sense! I am taking it as the higher the class has more to do with ease of bonding with us and more "real world" manifestations. I feel my C4 Courtwind, and see flashes, etc. She was the penny deal so has a connecting stone too, though... I just recieved a prebound c5t3, and there were physical glimpses of things that fit her appearance even while she was in transit. I am happy with both. :)

0x.
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

You did-but I had to make the second post because while trying to share my experience I ended up throwing myself off & worried my first post would be a bit confusing! You so got that one right with the 'real world' manifestations, which was why I upped the class on my Daemon-I should have went Class 5 because my gut feeling told me to do so but went class 4 & in hindsight I had wished I listened to my gut feeling-I have a Court Wind Angel as well, he was another one I upped the class on from a class 4 to a class 5! Tell you what though, it made a whole lot of a difference-they feel stronger, more free & less restricted too, originally I was worried that if I went a higher class it would be more than what I could handle but as time went on I realized going class 4 for spirits was too subtle for me plus it wasn't producing enough energy for my spirits & me-now don't get me wrong, class 4 is a great choice to make regardless of the spirits, plus it's a great choice for a beginner or someone new to spirit keeping, but after 10 years I got so used to having my spirits around it was time to go with a slightly higher classification, I didn't want the restriction anymore or the guilty feeling that I unintentionally limited my spirits! WOW-she sounds very strong-you can't go wrong with a Court Wind Angel, I would love to hear more experiences you have with her, both actually, you know it seems like mine can be a bit shy at times but I think he is just a modest kind of guy & he doesn't like to brag either! I am glad you are happy with both, keep us posted if you like!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

The class ratings aren't restricting or limiting the spirits though since it's the energy level they originally manifest at when conjured. Upping their class ratings is just like giving them an added energy boost so they have a little more energy to work with.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Good to know-I think it was mostly restricting for me because I needed the energy to be boosted, I don't know why but class 4 doesn't provide enough for certain spirits, I have two that came from CH & their energy is perfectly fine with a class 4, so I am guessing it depends on the spirit? I felt the need to go to a class 5 with two of my spirits but started with a class 4 but just wish I went with my gut feeling when I got them-not saying they aren't strong spirits or weaker ones but only needed to give the boost they much needed & deserved!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

It can totally depend on how easy or not you connect to the energy of some spirits. So for example say you have a c4 vampire and a c4 dragon, you can feel/sense the vampire easily but for some reason the dragon is a harder case. You up the dragons class a lvl or two and suddenly your getting more interaction! Of course sometimes it's just harder for whatever reason to connect to certain spirits and it requires more time bonding, but upping and lowering class levels can definitely be one way to help you determine that.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”