Newbie confused! Feeding vs charging spells and spirits

User avatar
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 am
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr

Re: Newbie confused! Feeding vs charging spells and spirits

Postby Rungr » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Antares80 wrote:
Rungr wrote:Well a entity can feed itself if need be, I find that charging is more like giving it some extra energy to work with.

Thats sort of what Im gathering... that its like a supercharger for a car... the car still runs without it, but is a lot quicker with it! I always like to check with those more experienced in this :) Thank you!

I charge my things using a blood sigil I made using runes, easier to make your own in my opinion than to buy it’s usually up to the individual on which they do. I was going to buy one but then I found out it’s the same thing as charging sigils or charging an item. So I have a sigil that collects large amounts of energy and my keep are free to pull from it when they please since it doesn’t have an end to how much it can contain.


Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.

Antares80
new here
new here
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 am
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2

Re: Newbie confused! Feeding vs charging spells and spirits

Postby Antares80 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Rungr wrote:
Antares80 wrote:
Rungr wrote:Well a entity can feed itself if need be, I find that charging is more like giving it some extra energy to work with.

Thats sort of what Im gathering... that its like a supercharger for a car... the car still runs without it, but is a lot quicker with it! I always like to check with those more experienced in this :) Thank you!

I charge my things using a blood sigil I made using runes, easier to make your own in my opinion than to buy it’s usually up to the individual on which they do. I was going to buy one but then I found out it’s the same thing as charging sigils or charging an item. So I have a sigil that collects large amounts of energy and my keep are free to pull from it when they please since it doesn’t have an end to how much it can contain.



That is a GREAT idea! I'm just learning runes now and will dedicate my first set end of month



User avatar
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 am
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr

Re: Newbie confused! Feeding vs charging spells and spirits

Postby Rungr » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Antares80 wrote:
Rungr wrote:
Antares80 wrote:
Rungr wrote:Well a entity can feed itself if need be, I find that charging is more like giving it some extra energy to work with.

Thats sort of what Im gathering... that its like a supercharger for a car... the car still runs without it, but is a lot quicker with it! I always like to check with those more experienced in this :) Thank you!

I charge my things using a blood sigil I made using runes, easier to make your own in my opinion than to buy it’s usually up to the individual on which they do. I was going to buy one but then I found out it’s the same thing as charging sigils or charging an item. So I have a sigil that collects large amounts of energy and my keep are free to pull from it when they please since it doesn’t have an end to how much it can contain.



That is a GREAT idea! I'm just learning runes now and will dedicate my first set end of month

That's awesome!


Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.

User avatar
Regholdain
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Re: Newbie confused! Feeding vs charging spells and spirits

Postby Regholdain » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:14 am

In terms of CH bindings and spirit keeping, my understanding for how these are meant is as follows:

Feeding Energy is sort of like a constantly regenerating energy that is attuned for a specific spirit, so they can come by and grab that energy that's been tailor-made (calibrated) for them any time they want, to replenish their energy. I have a Fountainhead Power Orb from CH for this purpose, calibrated for each type of spirit in my keep. The Aeon Orb is similar, bit also provides Aeon Energy for use by you, not just the spirits (to buffer up whatever you want to use it for).

Charging is what you do for the magic of the binding. It provides an energy that replenishes and refreshes the power of the binding. Magic bindings become weak over a long period if time SMS the charging energy fixes that. It either refreshes the enchantment or the connection to the spirit. I am not positive how the energy of the binding itself effects the spirit itself, so I can't comment on that. When you buy bindings without charging energy you can charge them naturally (moonlight, sunlight, water, earth), energetically / magically through your own preferred method, or you can use other enchanted items to do so (charging boxes and chains).

Hope that helps.



Antares80
new here
new here
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 am
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2

Re: Newbie confused! Feeding vs charging spells and spirits

Postby Antares80 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:56 am

Regholdain wrote:In terms of CH bindings and spirit keeping, my understanding for how these are meant is as follows:

Feeding Energy is sort of like a constantly regenerating energy that is attuned for a specific spirit, so they can come by and grab that energy that's been tailor-made (calibrated) for them any time they want, to replenish their energy. I have a Fountainhead Power Orb from CH for this purpose, calibrated for each type of spirit in my keep. The Aeon Orb is similar, bit also provides Aeon Energy for use by you, not just the spirits (to buffer up whatever you want to use it for).

Charging is what you do for the magic of the binding. It provides an energy that replenishes and refreshes the power of the binding. Magic bindings become weak over a long period if time SMS the charging energy fixes that. It either refreshes the enchantment or the connection to the spirit. I am not positive how the energy of the binding itself effects the spirit itself, so I can't comment on that. When you buy bindings without charging energy you can charge them naturally (moonlight, sunlight, water, earth), energetically / magically through your own preferred method, or you can use other enchanted items to do so (charging boxes and chains).

Hope that helps.


Yes, lots! Actually thats what got me thinking, because I saw the orgone orb, lazy orb, aeon orb and fountainhead and i was trying to understand if they all do the same thing, do you need them all, or just one, etc. I was leaning towards the fountainhead I think




Return to “Spirit Keeping”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests